PDA

View Full Version : Stabilizer Bars?

TennsDog
08-17-2004, 08:38 PM
I am just wondering if stabilizer bars on racket throats actually make much difference. It is hard to tell since you can't get two identical rackets: one with and one without the bar. I understand what they are there for, but is it practical?

Swan Song
08-17-2004, 08:47 PM
The stabilizer bar on my POG Mid gives me a clean, solid feel with no torque.

TennsDog
08-17-2004, 08:49 PM
I don't doubt that you get that feel, but how do you know that it is the stabilizer bar that gives you that feel...how do you know that it wouldn't be there without the bar? I have had two rackets now with a stabilizer bar, but it seems possible that they would have been pretty much the same without them.

Swan Song
08-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Think of the stabilizer bar as a hand grasping the shaft. What the "hand" does is that it slightly prevents the racquet from flexing. If you cut the bar off, then there would be nothing holding on to the bar; therefore, the racquet would be a little more flexible.

K!ck5w3rvE
08-17-2004, 11:49 PM
Hey Swan Song, you might get a "clean, solid feel with no torque", if you had a POG with no stabiliser bar. If you could get the same frame with or without s.bar would be the way to dteremine whether or not it has an impact on the racquet.