PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Prostaff 6.0 95 good?

Gehsekki
08-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Does anyone use the Wilson Prostaff 6.0 95? Is it a good racquet for control (baseline & net)? I use a two-handed backhand, modern forehand, and mostly kick serve. I was using the Head Ti Radical OS, how does it compare to that?

BreakPoint
08-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Yes, it is. Best racquet for one-handed backhand ever made, period! Heavier and more solid feeling than the Ti Radical. Good for spin, too, due to the open string pattern.

stanleyshyeoh
08-18-2004, 10:09 AM
Ahh ... my very first racquet.

What can I say, I miss it. I was daft not appreciating what I had. It took me going through Precision 730, Yonex RD7, Head TiRad and Head Radical to realise what I was missing.

Everything about the PS95 is subtly perfect. I didn't find it weak in any areas. It didn't stand out in any particular areas as well. It was perfectly fine for my strokes.

Those sticks I mentioned are better in some of my strokes but did poorly for other strokes. The PS95 is a very well all rounder.

The weight is barely felt due to 10-11pts headlight balance. Therefore, racquet head speed is phenomenal. Which leads to spin is great, power is fairly low. Control therefore, is nearly excellent. There is room for leadtapes for more controllable power.

My serve was kicking. My shots can be shape in whatever way I want. Deep or dink. Crosscourt or down-the-line.

The feeling is great thanks to the straight flat beam. Volley felt solid.

By the way, I am buying this racquet back very soon. Tennis wise, we practically grew up together.

Gaines Hillix
08-18-2004, 11:31 AM
If you are used to playing with racquets that are 12+ ozs. this one is certainly worth a demo. It has that feeling that only a thin beam, head light racquet can provide.

BigK35
08-19-2004, 10:44 AM
the PS 95 (which is my current racquet) is a very nice traditional racquet. It is all around one of the best racquets out there. It is great on kick serves, It allows me to keep my opponent deep on my second serve.

-BigK35-

WW Volley
08-19-2004, 12:01 PM
While I use the Prince Warrior MP due to comfort reasons now...

I still find myself missing the PS 6.0 95. Probably the best frame I've ever used, but like all older players frames can less forgiving on the arm. Since my wrist surgery it simply feels too harsh on shots outside of the sweetspot.

RedGinseng
08-20-2004, 06:42 AM
I definitely love the Prostaff 6.0 95. The first time I hit with it, to be honest, I was very disappointed. I used a Radical Tour XL so the balance point and headsize, almost everything was different. I went to play with it today for the second time and I was very satisfied. Before going to play I reminded myself of the basic rules of tennis and the result was excellent.

like Breakpoint said, the racquet is great for one-handed backhand.