PDA

View Full Version : Recognition for varuscelli

Tour 90
12-17-2006, 03:08 PM
I think everyone in the stringing machine forums should give a big thanks to varuscelli for being so helpful and knowledgable to everyone. And I would also like to thank him for his very impressive photo album, I am always surprised by all the cool stuff that is added all the time. Thanks a lot Al, you have been a great leader in this forum!

Dashbarr
12-17-2006, 04:50 PM
yes, he is definately helping the TW forum community with desicions. first the stringing machines, and now there's a ball machine page too. i really cant thank you enough, varuscelli.

varuscelli
12-17-2006, 09:51 PM
I think everyone in the stringing machine forums should give a big thanks to varuscelli for being so helpful and knowledgable to everyone. And I would also like to thank him for his very impressive photo album, I am always surprised by all the cool stuff that is added all the time. Thanks a lot Al, you have been a great leader in this forum!

Whoa...thank you, Tour 90. That's high praise indeed. And I certainly appreciate your acknowledgment. Very kind of you. :)

But I do have to say (and I'm sure most regulars here know) I'm not a very knowledgeable person in the area of stringing and can't contribute much from that "knowledge" perspective. I'm just trying to contribute in my own way. If that helps certain other people (especially other . . . "researchers/students/initiates" like me), then it's great.

And if people find the site of general interest, it's great, too.

I'm happy to be able to give back in terms of work what if I can't in term of knowledge, if you know what I mean. (And yes, it definitely has been a lot of work -- I admit it.)

And...we MUST acknowledge the contributions of others to the project. Without the extra help from others, putting the site together would have been twice as hard and the results only half as useful, by my guess.

The synergy of our combined interests and passions, eh? ;)

And thanks again for the kind words (both Tour 90 and Dashbarr).

Tour 90
12-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Your welcome, I should also thank all the others who have been helpful and who contribute to this forum. Thanks everyone!

diredesire
12-19-2006, 06:24 AM
Ditto, thanks Al, and thanks other contributors. I hope *snif* that we all can give back what we take. It only makes our forum a better place :)

(cheesy, i know)

varuscelli
12-19-2006, 07:58 AM
Ditto, thanks Al, and thanks other contributors. I hope *snif* that we all can give back what we take. It only makes our forum a better place :)

(cheesy, i know)

Now don't get all teary-eyed, DD. Before you know it, we'll all be forced into group hug mode, and you know how embarrassing that can be. :p

:)

rasajadad
12-19-2006, 08:15 AM
Thanks, varuscelli!

Chicken Neck
12-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Great job Varuscelli !!!!

Redflea
12-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Hear hear! Great job of putting together a fantastic resource.

I have share the link w/a few friends who don't post here, and their jaws dropped in awe. :D

Steve Huff
12-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Al, I love the pictures. I'll get some to you eventually. Especially when I get my Serrano back together and in "modern" working condition.

varuscelli
12-23-2006, 07:09 AM
Al, I love the pictures. I'll get some to you eventually. Especially when I get my Serrano back together and in "modern" working condition.

Thank you, Steve... :)

That sounds great. I've gotten photos from I think three Serrano owners (two posted to the site). I'm hoping for better ones from the third person, but I'd welcome any of those you'd care to send. Right now, I have the Serrano machines on a "miscellaneous" page, but if I get any more I might have to straight out do a separate page for them. (Haven't yet figured out how to couch the "no longer in production" machines in with the rest of the site. It's easy with manufacturers who are still making machines, but I haven't done a section on "Manufacturers No Longer Producing Stringing Machines" yet.

Any time you'd like to send me something, just let me know and I'll be glad to help with the process.

Al Ruscelli