PDA

View Full Version : gosen biogut xpc?

gvanzky
12-17-2006, 06:53 PM
anybody used this string? what is the recommended tension should i use if i'm using a 63lbs with gosen og and same thing w/ bab. superfine play. i already wasted 3 sets from 63lbs to 61 now at 60 mains & 57 crosses and still feels like a kevlar string. it's a multi and it is suppose to be soft and arm friendly but feels like kevlar. anybody?

psp2
12-18-2006, 10:41 PM
I've been using these strings as mains in a hybrid and find them to be VERY soft. I just snapped a set in a Prince Pro II OS (yes, that's the aluminum one) strung with XPC 16 main/Super Smash Honey 18g cross at 48/48#. The mains lasted me about 9 sets of doubles and felt great from start to finish. The strings were so cheap, too (about $2 a set). I'm going to keep using them for mains in the same hybrid setup.

gvanzky
12-19-2006, 10:17 PM
I've been using these strings as mains in a hybrid and find them to be VERY soft. I just snapped a set in a Prince Pro II OS (yes, that's the aluminum one) strung with XPC 16 main/Super Smash Honey 18g cross at 48/48#. The mains lasted me about 9 sets of doubles and felt great from start to finish. The strings were so cheap, too (about $2 a set). I'm going to keep using them for mains in the same hybrid setup.

thanks! i kinda figure out that the recommeded tension is 45 to 55 lbs, i think;) the characters are in japanese:confused: after wasting 4 sets. for my 1st racquet, i used it for the cross and lasted me about 2 1/2 hours same thing w/ the other one. then i strung it at 61 lbs full string and 60 mains & 57 crosses and still feels so stiff, the ball almost not bouncing out of my racquet. now, im using 56 mains & 52 crosses. it's alot better now. i think i will lower it to 2 more lbs. i think you are right to use it for your mains coz the crosses fray and breaks pretty quick.