PDA

View Full Version : New Sampras vs Ginepri videos

superman1
12-17-2006, 07:36 PM
These are short, but HOLY CRAP!! Sampras is incredible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7AYfdTi6AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLh0G_EFP0o&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7qQhGj5rJg&mode=related&search=

chiru
12-17-2006, 07:57 PM
dude thats ridiculous, hes playin like 10x better than he did during WTT season. unbelievable, if only i cud find the whole match somewhere (not tennis channel, i dont get it here)

drakulie
12-17-2006, 08:30 PM
sick. totally sick. Thansk for posting them. Are you the one who recorded these vids??

str33t
12-17-2006, 08:38 PM
that is insane. im guessing that ginepri got destroyed if sampras played like that throughout the match.

CanadianChic
12-17-2006, 08:40 PM
dude thats ridiculous, hes playin like 10x better than he did during WTT season. unbelievable, if only i cud find the whole match somewhere (not tennis channel, i dont get it here)

Another one who's being shafted!! Al Jazeera can go global but TTC remains elusive. I feel your pain. :sad:

ShooterMcMarco
12-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Holy forehand batman

ragnaROK
12-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Samps looks good but it kinda looks like Ginepri took a little off his forehands and floated them more.

VGP
12-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Samps looks good but it kinda looks like Ginepri took a little off his forehands and floated them more.

It's 'cause Robby's not that good.

Bottle Rocket
12-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Why do Sampra's and Ginepri keep playing? It is odd that the only time you hear of Ginepri it is because of a match with Sampras.

ericsson
12-18-2006, 02:35 AM
thats the difference between clay and indoor, its much faster, sampras has to work much less and can rely on his skills and man does he have...

nice cameraposition, you can see how hard these guys hit. (especially when they accelerate.

Marius_Hancu
12-18-2006, 02:56 AM
Why do Sampra's and Ginepri keep playing? It is odd that the only time you hear of Ginepri it is because of a match with Sampras.

Well, it's 1-1 or so in these exos, thus why not keep a good thing (for both sides) going? Both need good competition, it seems.

Or it might be the management of the events has good contact with both?

J-man
12-18-2006, 03:28 AM
Great forehand. Differently playing much better than he did over the summer. Than again it is only Robby Ginepri

Bjorn99
12-18-2006, 05:57 AM
The forehand is there, and the movement is not toooooo bad, but didn't anyone check out the serve????? He has lost 70% of the leg bend that he once had. I know what he is up to, and my suggestion to him is forget it. Federer would double bagel him now. Get your serve back Pete and get a backhand that you can drive through and set yourself up for a one time, two out of three set match at Madison Square Gardens indoors on the fastest surface imaginable. Roger being Roger, would probably do it, because he is fearless.

Grigollif1
12-18-2006, 09:03 AM
LOL!..You guys wached around 15 seconds of video, problably the best shots that Sampras Hit in that match and are so impressed. First of all that camera angle is really deceiving , being so closed to the ground makes the shots seems much more impressive then we are used to in the regular Coverage. BTW, I whish more of the TV cameras contained Cameras at that angle level to give a better perspective of how accurate and fast these guys are hitting and moving....

I agree that Sampras is looking in good shape But, let's not get too carried away...based on a 15 seconds Footage on a very rare camera angle.

edmondsm
12-18-2006, 10:46 AM
Why are you guys dissing Ginepri. That guy was a few points away from a U.S. Open final last year. Had some injury problems that he never recovered from after that. He moves great and has some mean game when he's on.

StunLock
12-18-2006, 04:32 PM
does sampras serve and volley any more?

laurie
12-19-2006, 12:54 AM
Well, it's 1-1 or so in these exos, thus why not keep a good thing (for both sides) going? Both need good competition, it seems.

Or it might be the management of the events has good contact with both?

As Sampras beat ginepri twice in successive days making it 2:1 to Sampras in their three meetings, I'm not sure that's something Ginepri would welcome.

As Ginepri is an active player why move this thread to this section?

superman1
12-19-2006, 11:23 PM
LOL!..You guys wached around 15 seconds of video, problably the best shots that Sampras Hit in that match and are so impressed. First of all that camera angle is really deceiving , being so closed to the ground makes the shots seems much more impressive then we are used to in the regular Coverage. BTW, I whish more of the TV cameras contained Cameras at that angle level to give a better perspective of how accurate and fast these guys are hitting and moving....

I agree that Sampras is looking in good shape But, let's not get too carried away...based on a 15 seconds Footage on a very rare camera angle.

Dude, you act like this is 15 seconds of footage of some unknown guy that we are all trying to judge. This is Pete Sampras. We know Sampras, we know when he is playing well. You only need to see 15 seconds to judge that. He's obviously moving his feet and hitting the ball better than he was a few months ago. Honestly, if he seriously thinks that he could be competitive at the 2007 Wimbledon, I'm all for a comeback. He knows better than any of us if he's fit enough to compete. His fading and subsequent retirement was all mental. It was not at all physical. He should have been out there longer than Agassi, he plays shorter points.

chiru
12-20-2006, 11:32 AM
yeah seriously, you didn't see any points like that at their clay exhibition. i think ginepri is playing sampras because thats the only name that he thought he could beat nowadays, and even that's not true. that was sampras' first match when ginepri won. i think sampras would still be great but i think hed need to work 110% to have a chance at winnin 07 wimbledon, but he has the ability, the guy is unbelievable. best grass courter of all time no question, perhaps best tennis player ever. roger may end up being the best overall, but i highly doubt hell match/surpass pete's 7 at wimbledon.

superman1
12-20-2006, 06:07 PM
I don't think he can win Wimbledon, but if he got into peak shape and got a good draw (i.e. no Federer in his half), then I think he could go deep. His serve is still lethal, it is all dependent on how well he moves around the net to block off passing shots. In the latter stages of his career, he was not very good at that. Early in his career, he was so quick up there.

drakulie
12-20-2006, 06:28 PM
I think sampras right now is about a 6.0 tennis player, and Ginepri about a 5.0. LOL