PDA

View Full Version : Laurie's DVD clips - Sampras v Krajicek 00 US Open

laurie
12-18-2006, 04:53 AM
Hi. I thought that instead of always adding a new thread of updates of clips, I may as well always update you guys of new clips on this one thread from now on. I got the idea from WTA world and it seems to work well there. As this is "Former Pro Player talk" section I can add all the ex player clips here:

I've just updated my site overnight with:

15 clips of Sampras v Krajicek from the 2000 US Open quarterfinal and 13 clips of the 2002 US Open final between Sampras and Agassi. I still have the clips between Krajicek and Henman. I will change the clips after christmas. I wanted to put Sampras v McEnroe from 1990 US Open but I'll wait a bit longer. He was only 19 then but that's one of the best performances I've ever seen from a tennis player.

I also will continue to add more up to date clips. I'll be putting the 06 Masters semifinal between Federer and Nadal very soon and have clips from this years Federation Cup final.

http://www.classictennismatches.net/index_files/page0016.html

The only thing is I wish I could type my full site name on here like I do on other sites - www. tennis dvd clips.net

laurie
12-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi. I've added:

Federer v Nadal - 06 Masters semifinal
Martinez v Davenport - 1998 Australian open semifinal (please note a couple of these clips are over 6 minutes long so will take a bit longer to download - those girls were really going after eachother in this match!)

At the moment I'm uploading:

Kuznetsova v Mauresmo - 06 Miami semifinal

Tomorrow I will add:

Sampras v McEnroe - 1990 US Open semifinal
Mauresmo v Ivanovic - 06 Miami quarterfinal

You lot wil love the Sampas McEnroe clips - 19 of them!

blubber
12-22-2006, 12:39 PM
I appreciate all the clips you post, especially older matches. It's fun to compare players from yesterday to those of today. Please keep it up!

laurie
01-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Ok, I've just updated my site with these matches:

1991 ATP final - Sampras v Courier (very good Tennis in this match)

1995 US Open semifinal - Seles v Conchita Martinez

2005 WTA final - Mauresmo v Pierce

1994 Masters final - Sabatini v Davenport

Enjoy

noobplayer
01-03-2007, 04:16 PM
r these clips free to dl?

laurie
01-04-2007, 11:27 AM
r these clips free to dl?

Of course. Have you given it a try?

noobplayer
01-04-2007, 03:08 PM
yep, i dled 1 clip and pretty good job :)

laurie
01-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Good stuff Noobplayer! I've just added Kuznetsova v Dementieva - 2004 US Open final.

I'll make another update next week.

Ciao.

Eviscerator
01-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Very nice. Thanks for your efforts.

laurie
01-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Hi. Ok I've just added these today:

Sampras v Agassi - 1999 Cincinatti semifinal
Sampras v Agassi - 1999 Cincinatti final (this is the match with Rafter's busted racquet)
Kuznetsova v Sharapova - 06 Miami final
Seles v Dementieva - 2000 Masters semifinal

I'll be adding a couple more matches as the day goes on. I'll let you know what they are.

http://www.classictennismatches.net/.../page0016.html

laurie
01-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Hi. I've just added:

Hingis v Davenport - 1998 Masters final
Krajicek v Henman - 2000 US Open.

My next update will mostly be great Australian Open matches from previous years.

foetz
01-13-2007, 07:18 PM
much thanks for sharing!!

btw you'd save lots of webspace and bandwidth by converting the clips to xvid ...

laurie
01-28-2007, 04:46 AM
Hi. I've added these matches over the weekend:

Sampras v Agassi - 1999 Los Angeles final
Kuznetsova v Mauresmo - 2006 China Open final
Davenport v Hingis - 2000 Australian Open final
Mauresmo v Pierce - 2006 Paris Open final
Sampras v Kuerten - 2000 Miami final

I will be adding lots of Australian Open matches from this year and previous years over the next weeks.

http://www.classictennismatches.net/index_files/page0018.html

tennisboy87
01-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks laurie.

thefan
01-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks for uploading these videos of old matches but I just downloaded the 1999 sampras vs. agassi match and there is no sound. Is there a way to fix this?

pj80
01-28-2007, 09:08 PM
i had sound...maybe u should check your pc

laurie
02-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Hi. I've just uploaded:

1991 Australian Open final - Becker v Lendl
1993 Australian Open final - Seles v Graf
2006 Los Angeles final - Dementieva v Jankovic

laurie
02-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Hi, Rafter fans will love this one, it's the 1998 Cincinatti final against Sampras. It was one of Rafter's finest performances. Sampras was murdering Rafter at first.http://www.classictennismatches.net/index_files/page0018.html

Feedback welcome.

The Gorilla
02-10-2007, 03:50 PM
you should be awarded a medal for this.

The Gorilla
02-10-2007, 03:56 PM
wait, where is sampras v kraijeck?

laurie
02-10-2007, 05:44 PM
wait, where is sampras v kraijeck?

I change the clips around every 10 days or so.

I stupidly wrote "Sampras v Krajicek" in the title of this thread. I should have just called it "Laurie's tennis DVD clips thread. I'll ask the administrators to change the title.

The Gorilla
02-10-2007, 05:52 PM
I change the clips around every 10 days or so.

I stupidly wrote "Sampras v Krajicek" in the title of this thread. I should have just called it "Laurie's tennis DVD clips thread. I'll ask the administrators to change the title.

could you please put it back up for just a few hours sometime?

laurie
02-10-2007, 05:57 PM
could you please put it back up for just a few hours sometime?

Yeah sure. My only problem is, there are so many matches I want to put on there! I have to be patient. I have a great 3 set match between Sampras and Edberg at the 1994 World Championships lined up next. I also want to put Federer's demolition of Roddick at this year's Aussie Open. I'll try to fit Sampras v Krajicek soon.

The Gorilla
02-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Yeah sure. My only problem is, there are so many matches I want to put on there! I have to be patient. I have a great 3 set match between Sampras and Edberg at the 1994 World Championships lined up next. I also want to put Federer's demolition of Roddick at this year's Aussie Open. I'll try to fit Sampras v Krajicek soon.

ok, thx very much, just make sure you post letting me know.

pj80
02-11-2007, 04:09 PM

forget the krajicek match...upload sampras-edberg 94 that was a classic

laurie
02-18-2007, 12:22 PM
I've added over the last couple of days:

Sampras v Moya - 1997 Australian Open final
Serena v Jankovic - 2007 Australian Open 4th rd
Schnyder v Ivanovic - 2005 Zurich semifinal
Kuznetsova v Adamzcak - 2007 Australian Open 2nd rd

I'm going to add Agassi v Sampras from the 2000 Australian Open semifinal over the next few days.

PJ 80 you're right, I will add Sampras v Edberg first.

What did you guys think of Becker v Lendl - 1991 Aussie final? How do you compare it to today's Tennis?

The Gorilla
02-18-2007, 12:28 PM
I've added over the last couple of days:

Sampras v Moya - 1997 Australian Open final
Schnyder v Ivanovic - 2005 Zurich semifinal
Kuznetsova v Adamzcak - 2007 Australian Open 2nd rd

I'm going to add Agassi v Sampras from the 2000 Australian Open semifinal over the next few days.

PJ 80 you're right, I will add Sampras v Edberg first.

What did you guys think of Becker v Lendl - 1991 Aussie final? How do you compare it to today's Tennis?

lendl hits bigger and better than federer, the forehand is more powerful but less heavy than fed's, but his backhand virtually as good as his forehand which puts him above federer in my books.He's almost like a cross between Sampras and Agassi.

laurie
02-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Ah Gorilla! (interesting name!) that's a point I made on BBC message boards a couple of years ago. I said Sampras, Agassi and Courier are all hybrids of Lendl's game.

Sampras and Courier like Lendl were very good with the inside out forehand to stretch the opponent. Sampras has that forehand down the line and running forehand like Lendl. Agassi has that quick serve dwon the middle and then killing the point with a forehand instead of a volley. Lendl was definitely the father of modern power Tennis. Lendl also had a fantastic one handed backhand, one of the best.

35ft6
02-20-2007, 12:54 AM
Wow. These are awesome. Watching the Moya and Rafter matches against Sampras, reminded how annoying Pete could be, along with Michael Chang, with pretending to be dumbfounded by calls of balls that were clearly in. Gamesmanship at its worst.

laurie
02-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Hi. I've now added Sampras v Edberg from 1994 ATP Championships (Masters)

I think you lot will enjoy these clips.

The Gorilla
02-26-2007, 04:17 PM
thankyou..

prosealster
02-26-2007, 05:25 PM
you ARE a true LEGEND laurie :)

35ft6
02-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Lendl versus Becker. Thank you.

laurie
02-27-2007, 04:27 AM
Lendl versus Becker. Thank you.

Last orders on that one. I'll be adding Agassi v Sampras - 2000 Australian Open semifinal - a classic.

I forgot to mention Seles v Graf from the 1999 Australian Open quarterfinal.

I wanted to add Federer v Roddick from this year's Aussie Open but that will have to wait for another couple of weeks.

I would like to get views from people who don't know much about Edberg (and those who do), he was a stylish player wasn't he? He moved very smoothly around the court, graceful is how I would describe it, whilst been deceptively quick.

pj80
02-27-2007, 02:24 PM
[QUOTE=laurie;1279751]Last orders on that one. I'll be adding Agassi v Sampras - 2000 Australian Open semifinal - a classic.

I forgot to mention Seles v Graf from the 1999 Australian Open quarterfinal.

I wanted to add Federer v Roddick from this year's Aussie Open but that will have to wait for another couple of weeks.

I would like to get views from people who don't know much about Edberg (and those who do), he was a stylish player wasn't he? He moved very smoothly around the court, graceful is how I would describe it, whilst been deceptively quick.[/QUOT

did u forget the sampras-edberg 94?

35ft6
02-27-2007, 03:28 PM
I would like to get views from people who don't know much about Edberg (and those who do), he was a stylish player wasn't he? He moved very smoothly around the court, graceful is how I would describe it, whilst been deceptively quick. I've seen enough of Edberg to consider him the greatest volleyer of the open era. Yes, better than Mac, and considerably better than Sampras. It's like comparing Emmit Smith to Barry Sanders. Emmitt had that ridiculous offensive line to soften up the way for him, whereas Barry had to create his own space for yardage. Likewise, Sampras had such a silly serve it made his first volley easier IMO. Edberg's serve was decent, gave him plenty of time to get to the net, but he really had to stick his first volleys. Flawless technique, and the best footwork at net ever.

andreh
02-28-2007, 02:11 AM
I've seen enough of Edberg to consider him the greatest volleyer of the open era. Yes, better than Mac, and considerably better than Sampras. It's like comparing Emmit Smith to Barry Sanders. Emmitt had that ridiculous offensive line to soften up the way for him, whereas Barry had to create his own space for yardage. Likewise, Sampras had such a silly serve it made his first volley easier IMO. Edberg's serve was decent, gave him plenty of time to get to the net, but he really had to stick his first volleys. Flawless technique, and the best footwork at net ever.

I concur with this view. Edberg is my favorite player and I've seen alot of his matches. His greatness as a S&V player is undisputed but I would also like to point out that from 89-90 or so and onward Edberg had a really strong ground game. He could hold his own against anyone on the baseline.

Here's a couple of mathces I recommend where Edberg is at his best:

Wimbledon Finals against Becker 88 and 90 (the entertainment value of the 90 final is particularly high)
1991 USO final (By Edberg's own admission the best match he ever played)
1987 Cincinatti F against Becker (perhaps his best, IMO)
1991 USO 4thR against Chang
1987 Super Seiko Final in Tokyo
1989 FO SF against Becker
1988 W SF against Mecir
1990 Indian Wells F against Agassi

Edberg greatest weakness imo was that his was prone to severe dips in form. 1990 is indicative, great tennis in the beginning of the year reaching the finals at the AO where he had to default while leading against Ivan Lendl (and yes, beating him from the backcourt) and then a couple of tournamnet finals and wins after that. Then 1st round exit in the FO follwed by 21 match winning streak, including the Wimbledon title. Then 1st round exit at the USO. And then again a couple finals and wins at the end of the year. His entire career was up and down like this, whereas other top players had more even form. When he was on, he was really on. When he was off, he was really off.

laurie
02-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Andreh, is that because of the footfault problems? He got called a lot in matches and that always seemed to affect his form and concentration at bad moments (it would affect anyone to be constantly get called for footfault in tournaments all around the world).

andreh
02-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Andreh, is that because of the footfault problems? He got called a lot in matches and that always seemed to affect his form and concentration at bad moments (it would affect anyone to be constantly get called for footfault in tournaments all around the world).

No, I don't think so. The footfaults were an annoyance for him but at the same time I think it was calculated risk. He expected them

If I may speculate:

I think it was a mental thing. He was known for hanging his head in the early days but got better. But he still couldn't shake those longer term trends in his form.

I also think his game was rather delicate. It could break down completely. He didn't have a single weapon to rely on when in trouble, like Becker, who had his trememdeos first serve. Rather, Edbergs game relied on a combination of several things. Serve, movement, precision volleys, approach shots etc. ANd they all had to work well for his game to be effective. If one factor switiched off his entire game broke down. Very delicate. But when all was firing it was amazing to watch.

At the end of carrer (i.e., 93 and onward), I think he just got a little tired of the game. He had married, had a child. His priorites switched and that made the dips in form more severe. Hence, no more slam titles for Edberg after 92.

prosealster
03-01-2007, 01:11 AM
Edberg was great to watch... the way he goes about his business... so elegant.... awesome volleys...But I think his game was heavily dependent on his serve... his volley, movement was always good IMHO... but he would often get into trouble with his serve... constant foot fault, back injury and his tendency to drop his head too early all contribute to it... I remember the Aus open final... the rest of his game was still on.. but he just couldnt get enough bite on his 2nd serve... compared to earlier in his career....hence was heavily punished... but it also showed how awesome his volley was.. able to come in time after time with his serve. I think the deterioration of his serve was the main reason he stoped winning majors (eventhough his ground game improved)

andreh
03-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Edberg was great to watch... the way he goes about his business... so elegant.... awesome volleys...But I think his game was heavily dependent on his serve... his volley, movement was always good IMHO... but he would often get into trouble with his serve... constant foot fault, back injury and his tendency to drop his head too early all contribute to it... I remember the Aus open final... the rest of his game was still on.. but he just couldnt get enough bite on his 2nd serve... compared to earlier in his career....hence was heavily punished... but it also showed how awesome his volley was.. able to come in time after time with his serve. I think the deterioration of his serve was the main reason he stoped winning majors (eventhough his ground game improved)

Probably also a factor. One can observe how Edberg's service technique changed over the course of his career. He tossed less and less to the left as time passed. Less kick, more pace. Not good for his game as it wouldn't let him get as close to the net anymore for his first volleys.

But I still don't think it was the deciding factor. The deciding factor IMO was that he seemed to stop putting 100% into his tennis. He stopped playing the big points well. 30-40 down: in 1990 he would bring out his best serve and volleys, in post 1993 he would double fault instead. At times it just seemed like he didn't to care anymore.

Anyway, it's only speculation. Only Edberg himself knows.

hoons
03-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Great resources laurie. I wonder where you get them from.

This might be a pretty obscure match to find but i wonder if you could find Federer/Hewitt vs Rafter/Bjorkman, Wimbledon 1999.
I think itd be pretty cool to see those 2 playing together.

Cool site!

laurie
03-02-2007, 04:02 AM
Great resources laurie. I wonder where you get them from.

This might be a pretty obscure match to find but i wonder if you could find Federer/Hewitt vs Rafter/Bjorkman, Wimbledon 1999.
I think itd be pretty cool to see those 2 playing together.

Cool site!

Thanks, these matches are entirely from my own collection. I love Womens Tennis too so I have a big section for the women. Those matches you mention will be difficult to get ahold of for me because broadcasters tend not to show complete early rd slam matches so they are always difficult to get.

federerfanatic
03-02-2007, 04:53 AM
I was always surprised Krajicek was such a tough opponent for Sampras, the same way I am always surprised Nadal is such a tough opponent for Federer. I dont mean that they arent still really good players, or players that I wouldnt expect to be tough competition for Sampras and Federer. Just that they are not players I would ever imagine would be to the point of a personal "nemisis"-Krajicek to Sampras of course, and Nadal to Federer. Krajicek definitely got "in the zone" to play Sampras whenever he played him and Sampras had to play his best tennis to have a hope to hold him off; again similar to what happenes with Nadal when he plays Federer, even on grass last year at Wimbledon of all places.

laurie
03-09-2007, 04:11 AM
I should have mentioned I added

2000 Australian Open semifinal between Agassi and Sampras last weekend. It's in the ATP section of my site.

laurie
03-29-2007, 10:21 AM
With Miami on at the moment, I've done comprehensive clips of the 2000 Miami final between Sampras and Kuerten. Now, I highly recommend this, it's one of the all time great Miami finals and the atmosphere was was incredible.

I also did some great clips of last year's Miami semifinal between Kuznetsova and Mauresmo, one of Svetlana's best performances, especially as she seems to be a bit off the boil at the moment.

I will be very interested to read your views on the 2000 Miami final.

pj80
03-29-2007, 04:29 PM
thnx laurie thats very generous of you.

35ft6
03-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Laurie, I love you.

dr_punk
03-30-2007, 09:03 AM
how do i download these??

laurie
04-05-2007, 03:24 PM
I uploaded 1996 ATP semifinal between Becker and Krajicek. Very high quality match.

The 2000 Miami final clips have proved very popular, I knew they would, it was a great match. I also uploaded some clips from the 1994 Miami final between Agassi and Sampras. The reason I wanted to do it was to show how Sampras' game on hardcouts had changed in those 6 years. In 1994 he was staying back on many 1st and second serves and playing lots of baseline rallies, in 2000 he was attacking the net almost like a madman! But still his level of play was exceptionally high.

pj80
04-05-2007, 04:28 PM
how do i download these??

you click on them...DUH!

pj80
04-05-2007, 10:04 PM
laurie why do you have so many italian speaking dvds?

laurie
04-06-2007, 01:33 AM
Simple my dear fellow, I have an Italian contact, I also record a lot off European satellite so I have many matches in Italian, German and French - some of these matches I can't get anywhere else because British channels don't always show them.

pj80
04-06-2007, 08:06 PM
is it that videoarc guy? i tried to contact him but no success does he still take orders?

laurie
04-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Videoarc used to be a conglomerate of guys but broke up in 2004.

I think one of the guys operates on his own now and he has a site. Have a look here http://www.geocities.com/voncramm/

pj80
04-07-2007, 06:30 AM
Videoarc used to be a conglomerate of guys but broke up in 2004.

I think one of the guys operates on his own now and he has a site. Have a look here http://www.geocities.com/voncramm/

thanks for the link laurie , that guy has an impressive list of classic matches. Lets just hope he replys.

laurie
04-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi, I've added a new batch of matches to my site for the next three to four weeks:

1989 French Open final - Chang v Edberg ( a classic match)

1994 Italian Open final - Sampras v Becker

2005 Philadelphia semifinal - Mauresmo v Vaidisova

2000 French Open semifinal - Pierce v Hingis

2005 Canadian Open - Kuznetsova v Medina Garrigues

I plan to add Seles v Graf, 1990 German Open final early next week.

Still can't believe I can't add the link to my actual site, I do it on WTA world and Tennis 4 you websites, Oh well never mind - Enjoy the clips.

The Gorilla
04-23-2007, 06:16 PM
do you have any tapes of the borg mcenroe classic wimbledon final laurie?
It's just that you can't even see the ball on youtube :(

laurie
04-24-2007, 03:13 AM
No I don't I'm afraid Gorilla (love your name!)

In a perverse way I stay away from that match because I think everyone has seen it. Although I am surprised to hear you say that the version on Youtube is not very good - I thought there are very good copies knocking around these days.

The Gorilla
04-24-2007, 03:17 AM
ok, np.
How about borg-gerulaitas? ;)

laurie
04-24-2007, 06:47 AM
Umm, I have Borg Villas and Borg Lendl but I've been wanting to put more recent clay clips (late 1980s onwards).

Personally for me I find clay matches from the 1970s a bit painful to watch.

But I suppose you are talking about grass. I will do grass only clips in June after Roland Garros. From that period I have Ashe v Connors from 1975 Wimbledon final.

The Gorilla
04-24-2007, 06:59 AM
that's fine, (I was actually talking about the borg-gerualitas).np

The Gorilla
04-24-2007, 07:00 AM
ashe v connors!brilliant.

laurie
04-25-2007, 02:21 PM
I've just added some great extensive clips of the 1990 German Open final between Seles and Graf. This match really announced Monica Seles as a powerful force. http://www.classictennismatches.net/index_files/page0018.html

mrHan
04-30-2007, 06:23 AM
Hey Laurie, do you have any videos of Mansour Bahrami? Youtube only has a few shots of him.

laurie
04-30-2007, 10:24 AM
No I don't actually. I've seen him play doubles at Roland Garros and he is an absolute genius! He is unbelievable. Shame he was never allowed to have a proper career as a professional due to defecting from Iran.

mrHan
04-30-2007, 10:40 AM
yeah, I wish there was an easy way of finding his matches. I heard of him many years ago but still have yet to see him play except for one or two clips that are rarely available. His biography is amazing.

Micce
04-30-2007, 12:00 PM
yeah, I wish there was an easy way of finding his matches. I heard of him many years ago but still have yet to see him play except for one or two clips that are rarely available. His biography is amazing.

I recommend you to order the following DVD:

http://www.mansourbahrami.com/dvd.htm

It contains e.g. 45 minute highlight package from his career and entire match from the Royal Albert Hall featuring Bahrami, Becker, Leconte and Nastase.

mrHan
04-30-2007, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I came across that and was going to order it but the price is kinda steep.

noeledmonds
04-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Check out this one on youtube, only short but a good point. It is such a shame this tallent was unable to play tennis on the ATP tour when he was younger.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FrqooOyjky0

laurie
05-18-2007, 03:33 AM
Hi. I've added a new batch of matches to my site:

Kuerten v Rafter - 1999 Italian Open final

Sampras v Agassi - 1998 Monte Carlo 2nd rd

Kuznetsova v Petrova - 2007 German Open quarterfinal

Mauresmo v Ivanovic - 2006 Miami 4th rd

Seles v Mauresmo - 2000 Italian Open final

Later today I will be adding:

Graf v Sanchez Vicario - 1996 French Open final

In June, I will do grass court matches. Cheers

zapvor
05-18-2007, 09:06 AM
wow this is like the best thread ever! i am not sure where to start. thank you.

jetlee2k
05-18-2007, 09:54 PM
I would love to see some of those Edberg matches.. I used to tape all of the Edberg, Becker and Sampras matches but as I moved to the west coast, I lost those tapes.. It would be nice to see some of those legends again.. Becker & Edberg were my idol..

zapvor
05-19-2007, 03:50 PM
wait...i cant find the links to download the matches you posted. can someone point me in the right direction? i go to teh site, but clicking on the links it just takes me to a list of matches without any link to download:-(

laurie
05-20-2007, 01:00 AM
wait...i cant find the links to download the matches you posted. can someone point me in the right direction? i go to teh site, but clicking on the links it just takes me to a list of matches without any link to download:-(

Each clip is highlighted and underlined. Just click the link for each clip. You shouldn't have any problems nowadays. With 8 speed broadband many more people are able to access these clips now than a year ago when fast broadband was just starting to come down in price.

zapvor
05-20-2007, 08:34 PM
i still dont see the links to donwload. all i see is this

ATP & Slams
1999 Italian Open final
Kuerten v Rafter

1st game, 1st set

9th game, 1st set

10th game, 1st set

5th game, 2nd set

5th game, 2nd set

7th game, 2nd set

12th game, 2nd set

9th game, 3rd set

3rd set tiebreak

3rd set tiebreak

and nothing else.

laurie
05-21-2007, 03:02 AM
i still dont see the links to donwload. all i see is this

ATP & Slams
1999 Italian Open final
Kuerten v Rafter

1st game, 1st set

9th game, 1st set

10th game, 1st set

5th game, 2nd set

5th game, 2nd set

7th game, 2nd set

12th game, 2nd set

9th game, 3rd set

3rd set tiebreak

3rd set tiebreak

and nothing else.

What's the matter with you man!? Just click any one of them.

zapvor
05-21-2007, 07:29 PM
What's the matter with you man!? Just click any one of them.

but thats just one match. i cant find any of the other ones you posted on here. that is the ONLY page with links that i can get to. where is all the rest??

suwanee4712
05-21-2007, 08:43 PM

I'd love to read more about him. I remember him having a rather hard life until he moved to Paris. Seems like he wasn't allowed to play full time on the pro tour until after he was well past his prime. One thing is for sure though, he put smiles on a lot of faces.

The Gorilla
06-19-2007, 06:11 PM
have you taken your site down laurie?I can't enter your site.

http://www.*********clips.net/

laurie
06-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Hi. It's going to be off line for about another week while I work on a few things.
Sorry.

But I will have at least 5 grass matches when it comes back on.

The Gorilla
06-20-2007, 01:57 AM
np .

laurie
07-02-2007, 05:07 AM
My site is back up, with a reduced portfolio at the moment

1999 Wimbledon final - Sampras v Agassi
2001 Wimbledon semi - Rafter v Agassi
2006 Wimbledon final - Mauresmo v Henin

pj80
07-02-2007, 05:10 AM
My site is back up, with a reduced portfolio at the moment

2001 Wimbledon semi - Rafter v Agassi

laurie i think i saw your matches on youtube? is that possible? now theyre gone... i cant find them

laurie
07-02-2007, 02:18 PM
That's correct PJ, I was making a few experiments but Youtube are damned touchy now! So I thought, forget it, I'll just continue with my own site but I will be more leisurely about updating it too regularly as I have other websites which take more of my attention.

The Gorilla
07-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Special request on behalf of everyone at TW:
Could you at some stage in the future upload roddick versus sampras, the WTT match.It'd be great to see how Pete's playing.

laurie
07-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I've updated my site yesterday with:

1998 Cincinatti semifinal - Sampras v Larrson
1998 Cincinatti final - Rafter v Sampras

I'm currently updating my site with
1988 Wimbledon final - Edberg v Becker. That will be ready in a few hours.

A special request: I want you lot to go to Sampras section, click 1998 Cincinatti final, 6th game 1st set. You will see 3 of the best passing shots you will see in a row and Rafter's reaction.

Feedback on clips a must please!

PRADEEPKUMAR MANI
07-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Great clips laurie. Have watched quite a few clips of great matches on your site. Keep the good work going.

A special request: I want you lot to go to Sampras section, click 1998 Cincinatti final, 6th game 1st set. You will see 3 of the best passing shots you will see in a row and Rafter's reaction.

Feedback on clips a must please!

I disagree that the passing shots were great. They were good, but they are pretty routine when compared to today's standards. Now-a-days, passing shots are hit even while the player is well out of position (e.g. nadal, nalbandian, federer, gasquet...)- Sampras was well in position to hit these shots, so it certainly does not qualify as "3 of the best in a row", IMO.

laurie
07-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Great clips laurie. Have watched quite a few clips of great matches on your site. Keep the good work going.

I disagree that the passing shots were great. They were good, but they are pretty routine when compared to today's standards. Now-a-days, passing shots are hit even while the player is well out of position (e.g. nadal, nalbandian, federer, gasquet...)- Sampras was well in position to hit these shots, so it certainly does not qualify as "3 of the best in a row", IMO.

I disagree with you though. Besides Federer and Gasquet, those other players don't hit passing shots with the same style and flourish - after all, they are all pros, anyone can hit passing shots. It's the way how you do it that makes the difference. Sampras hit those passing shots with style!

laurie
07-20-2007, 12:47 PM
What do you lot think of the 1988 Wimbledon final between Edberg and Becker? Edberg's backhand was tremendous that day.

laurie
07-31-2007, 12:09 PM
Evening ladies and gentlemen (and young ones)

I've decided to have another go at uploading some of my many matches to Youtube. The picture quality is not as good as on my own site but I'm doing it for 2 reasons:

1. It gives much more access to more people to see these great clips.

2. I really don't have the time to keep rotating my clips every other week or three weeks, Youtube clips are embedded.

I've uploaded so far the 1999 Mercedes Benz cup final in Los Angeles between Sampras and Agassi

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=sampras%20v%20agassi&search_sort=relevance&search_category=0&search=Search&v=&page=2

And Kuznetsova v Mauresmo (certainly not former pros!) 2006 Miami semi

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kuznetsova+v+mauresmo&search=Search

I'm in the process of adding Sampras v Lendl - 1992 Cincinatti final.

Let's hope they don't take the bloody clips off this time! No Wimbledon clips on Youtube.

pj80
08-01-2007, 12:26 AM
laurie,

do you have the sampras vs. guga match at the 1999 masters?

laurie
08-01-2007, 09:42 AM
I have

2000 Miami final - I have clips of those I can upload at sme point.

2000 Masters semifinal in Portugal, great match but the picture quality is not good enough to make clips.

I don't have the 1999 Masters round robin match but I would like to get it.

PJ, did you get a response from my Italian contact?

pj80
08-01-2007, 10:07 AM
no response...they do have a very large collection though(not just sampras)

laurie
08-02-2007, 06:05 AM
Oh PJ 80, you will have to look down other avenues.

Check this running forehand by Sampras

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfJbHokO_Q

laurie
08-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi, here are the matches I've put so far on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=laurie1414&search=Search

pj80
08-07-2007, 03:08 PM
thanks laurie,

more sampras, less kuznetzova...other than that its great.

laurie
08-07-2007, 10:42 PM
thanks laurie,

more sampras, less kuznetzova...other than that its great.

Listen mate, I will put as much Kuznetsova as I want.

Bhagi Katbamna
08-14-2007, 01:09 PM
for some reason www.t e n n isdvd clips.net is not working.

laurie
08-15-2007, 03:59 AM
It's going to be off for a few days, I'm concentrating on Youtube.

Not quite sure what to do with it.

laurie
08-15-2007, 04:08 AM
this is the 2nd set tiebreak between Sampras and Krajicek from the 2000 US Open quarterfinal. It's the one where Pete came from 4 set points down to win. The clip starts at 4-2 in the 2nd set tiebreak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da-DcNyJvlM

I've also added:

2000 Miami final - Sampras v Kuerten
2000 US Open - Krajicek v Henman
2004 US Open final - Kuznetsova v Dementieva

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=laurie1414&search=Search

pj80
08-15-2007, 04:24 AM
Laurie,

what about the Sampras-Rafter US Open 98 classic? Do u have that match? especially now that the Open is approaching.

laurie
08-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Hi PJ, that's one match I don't have and I don't know anyone who does.

I remember it well.

laurie
08-22-2007, 01:06 PM
This is just to confirm that I have closed www.*********clips.net (damned Tennis Warehouse!) for the time being. I will concentrate on my youtube clips for now. See how long they stay on there before I decide to add some more. Needless to say I have many many matches with extensive clips I've done over the last 18 months.

What I will do is add matches on my classictennis matches site as there is some space there. Probably two matches per month or something like that. I've added one match so far. I've also given that site a facelift

http://www.classictennismatches.net/Video-Clips.html

pj80
08-22-2007, 07:24 PM
laurie is already becoming famous on YouTube.

What gonna be your next match laurie?

Eviscerator
08-22-2007, 08:07 PM
This is just to confirm that I have closed www.*********clips.net (damned Tennis Warehouse!) for the time being.

I don't understand, why did you close the other site and how is TW involved :confused:

laurie
08-23-2007, 02:03 AM
I don't understand, why did you close the other site and how is TW involved :confused:

No, no, It's just that Tennis Warehouse robots ban using the word Tennis so I could never type the whole name of my website or give people a direct link, I could do that everwhere else.

But the reason I'm closing the site is time and money. I don't have the time to keep rotating the clips around due to limited bandwidth. It takes too much time and hours to upload. Also youtube has a lot bigger audience and it's free to post clips there. So I think it's logical to use youtube.

This site takes up more of my time updating because the girl is pretty active:

http://www.svetlanakuznetsovasite.com

Plus I have

http://www.classictennismatches.net

And I'm due to make a website for a friend of mine for a business so I no longer had time for Tennis DVD clips.

Having said that, I think it was successful because it got a lot of people especially younger ones to see some of the former pros. I brought the site out in April 2006 before youtube really started getting big for Tennis but youtube is much better for reaching more people.

Thanks to everyone who said positive things about the site over the last 12 months or so.

PJ 80, I have so many matches, but I haven't decided what to upload next. I think I will leave it for a while to see how the clips I've already uploaded do on youtube. As you said they seem to be doing very well right now.

I will still use this thread to inform you guys of clips I upload to youtube and classic tennis matches.

Vector
08-24-2007, 09:22 AM
8-) 8-) 8) 8)

laurie
08-28-2007, 05:00 AM
This is a great match

1998 Cincinnati final between Rafter and Sampras

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1998+cincinnati+final

This is the match where Sampras blew his top at the end.

The 3rd clips is particularly fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWizTgFh-iY

BeHappy
08-28-2007, 08:13 PM
please don't take this the wrong way, seriously, the clips you are putting up are from amazing matches, but the quality is just a little too low and the ball disappears when it is struck hard, you can't really see serves or groundstroke winners.

again, don't take this the wrong way, I understand the time and effort you have made and am very grateful.

but if you could improve the quality of the 3/13 clip SamprasRafter that would be incredible because that really captured the mans genius.Some idiot from another thread said that Sampras had a lesser forehand than Federer, seeing this clip reinforced my belief that while his forehand may be equaled, it will never be surpassed, because it is perfect.

laurie
08-28-2007, 11:40 PM
please don't take this the wrong way, seriously, the clips you are putting up are from amazing matches, but the quality is just a little too low and the ball disappears when it is struck hard, you can't really see serves or groundstroke winners.

again, don't take this the wrong way, I understand the time and effort you have made and am very grateful.

but if you could improve the quality of the 3/13 clip SamprasRafter that would be incredible because that really captured the mans genius.Some idiot from another thread said that Sampras had a lesser forehand than Federer, seeing this clip reinforced my belief that while his forehand may be equaled, it will never be surpassed, because it is perfect.

Unfortunately youtube really use poor compression. The clips are fine so there's nothing I can do they when youtube do that. I was concerned as well initially but I decided to upload the matches anyway.

Maybe youtube will improve that aspect over time.

BeHappy
08-29-2007, 05:01 AM
ok, I understand

laurie
09-04-2007, 12:27 PM
I've uploaded a great match from 1994

Sampras v Edberg - 1994 ATP Championships in Frankfurt. The picture is good (which is good). Most of the clips are 5 and 6 minutes long, 13 of them.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1994+ATP+frankfurt&search=Search

These two stand out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjNKgjxQxy4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaJMXBOQ94Q

Although all 13 are great.

laurie
09-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Before I go onto my main point, that Sampras v Edberg match has really gone down a storm on Youtube.

Speaking of Youtube, I've gone crazy the last few days, I've been putting many of the matches I used to put on Tennis DVD clips.net on Youtube so that they don't go to waste.

http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query=laurie1414&search=Search

This is a comprehensive list of the matches on youtube right now

Sampras v Agassi - 1999 Los Angeles final
Kuznetsova v Mauresmo - 2006 Miami semifinal
Sampras v Lendl - 1992 Cincinnati final
Kuznetsova v Sharapova - 2006 Miami final
Sampras v Agassi - 1999 Cincinnati semifinal
Krajicek v Henman - 2000 US Open 3rd rd
Sampras v Krajicek - 2000 US Open quarterfinal
Kuznetsova v Medina Garrigues - 2005 Canadian Open
Sampras v Kuerten - 2000 Miami final
Rafter v Sampras - 1998 Cincinnati final
Kuznetsova v Dementieva - 2004 US Open final
Sampras v Edberg - 1994 ATP Championships
Seles v Dementieva - 2000 WTA Masters semifinal
Mauresmo v Clijsters - 2006 WTA Masters semifinal
Davenport v Myskina - 2005 Filderstadt quarterfinal
Seles v Mauresmo - 2000 Italian Open final
Sampras v Larrson - 1998 Cincinnati semifinal
Sampras v Agassi - 1994 Miami final
Navratilova v Graf - 1993 Tokyo semifinal
Sampras v Kafelnikov - 1997 ATP Championships final
Seles v Graf - 1990 German Open final

Matches I intend to upload between now and Sunday are:

Mauresmo v Pierce - 2005 WTA Masters final
Agassi v Martin - 1999 US Open final
Schultz McCarthy v Pierce - 1997 Federation Cup final
Becker v Lendl - 1991 Australian Open final
Federer v Roddick - 2006 US Open final
Dementieva v Jankovic - 2006 Los Angeles final
Kuznetsova v Mauresmo - 2006 China Open final

The best thing would be to type the name of the match in the search box and the match will come up, all of the clips for that particular match.

All I can say to all of this is - Enjoy!

pj80
09-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Wow Laurie you are my Hero!!!! Or rather Heroine!

Can you post some more Guga and Rafter matches. Theres a lot of Sampras matches on YouTube already.
But theres no Guga, Rafter, Agassi, Ivanisevic or even Kafelnikov. How about some classic Bum Bum Becker or Michael Stich. Michael Chang matches are lacking as well( unless they play Pete Sampras). Dont mean to be pestering you with requests. But since you seem so passionate about it ...that'd be wicked.

laurie
09-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Wow Laurie you are my Hero!!!! Or rather Heroine!

Can you post some more Guga and Rafter matches. Theres a lot of Sampras matches on YouTube already.
But theres no Guga, Rafter, Agassi, Ivanisevic or even Kafelnikov. How about some classic Bum Bum Becker or Michael Stich. Michael Chang matches are lacking as well( unless they play Pete Sampras). Dont mean to be pestering you with requests. But since you seem so passionate about it ...that'd be wicked.

Umm...Hero would be better.

I can't do it all by myself. I'm posting clips of matches I already have. It's up to other people whether they want to post matches of Stich, Chang etc. I won't be making clips in future other than the odd match. The reason I'm doing it this way is because my other websites take my attention so once I get these matches on youtube it's over and done with.

Having said that, I do have 13 clips of the 1999 Italian Open final between Kuerten and Rafter so maybe I'll put that on next week.

djsiva
09-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks you really know how to post interesting match ups!!!!!!!!!!!

pj80
09-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Umm...Hero would be better.

I can't do it all by myself. I'm posting clips of matches I already have. It's up to other people whether they want to post matches of Stich, Chang etc. I won't be making clips in future other than the odd match. The reason I'm doing it this way is because my other websites take my attention so once I get these matches on youtube it's over and done with.

Having said that, I do have 13 clips of the 1999 Italian Open final between Kuerten and Rafter so maybe I'll put that on next week.

arent you a girl?

laurie
09-22-2007, 01:30 AM
arent you a girl?

Certainly not!

I remember when BBC had a Tennis message board, I posted a comment and someone replied and said "the lady knows her stuff"

I suppose names like Laurie, Kerry, Ashley which were traditionally men's names are been given more and more to girls to be different from typical girl's names.

In Italy Nicola and Andrea are men's names. In France Dominique and Michel are mens names. When I was at University I knew a French girl and her name was Laurence.

BeHappy
09-24-2007, 01:16 PM
could you please think about maybe putting up the edberg-chang FO match whenever you're next thinking of uploading some matches?

laurie
09-25-2007, 08:23 AM
could you please think about maybe putting up the edberg-chang FO match whenever you're next thinking of uploading some matches?

Ah! You remember that I've got this match.

I can't hide from you guys!

I've kind of run myself into the ground. A put so many clips on last week in a short space of time that I've blown myself out. So it could be some time before I upload any new clips. I'm also aware youtube might remove these clips at any moment - I've heard quite a few horror stories about this sort of thing.

One thing I would say is, these matches are proving extremely popular. Especially the Navratilova v Graf match and the Kuznetsova matches. A lot of people are also happy to see Brenda Schultz McCarthy's huge serve.

BeHappy
09-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Ah! You remember that I've got this match.

I can't hide from you guys!

I've kind of run myself into the ground. A put so many clips on last week in a short space of time that I've blown myself out. So it could be some time before I upload any new clips. I'm also aware youtube might remove these clips at any moment - I've heard quite a few horror stories about this sort of thing.

One thing I would say is, these matches are proving extremely popular. Especially the Navratilova v Graf match and the Kuznetsova matches. A lot of people are also happy to see Brenda Schultz McCarthy's huge serve.

I don't think you'll be taken down, as long as it isn't a match that's replayed during rain delays of GS's you'll be alright, jsnapple's been doing what you're doing for a long long time.

laurie
10-04-2007, 10:59 AM
I like to avoid putting Wimbledon matches on youtube so I put this on my website

2000 Wimbledon final - Sampras v Rafter
2006 Masters semifinal - Federer v Nadal

http://www.classictennismatches.net/Video-Clips.html

BeHappy
10-04-2007, 11:42 AM
why the masters match?

laurie
10-04-2007, 11:52 AM
why the masters match?

Why not?

What do you mean anyway?

BeHappy
10-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Why not?

What do you mean anyway?

it's just that you said that you were putting up the sampras match on your website because it would be taken off youtube, but the masters match wouldn't, or would it?

btw, federer: uncharted waters lol ;)

laurie
10-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Not at all, I've always put Federer matches on my website. These are Tennis players, not war mongers. It's up to others if they want to get all emotional about Federer and Sampras.

Thing is though, I have at least about 25 more matches broken into extensive clips. I have no intention of attempting to put them on youtube so I can put them on my own site from time to time.

Having said that, I have some serious Sampras matches to put on youtube in a couple of weeks. I know these ones are going to be very very popular when they get on there eventually.

BeHappy
10-23-2007, 07:22 PM
edberg-chang rg final on your site?

please?

only for like a day if you want, I will download it.

laurie
10-24-2007, 04:35 AM
edberg-chang rg final on your site?

please?

only for like a day if you want, I will download it.

Well, I have some bad news for you, I won't be uploading any slam matches at all. Last week youtube asked me to remove the 3 slam matches I had which were 2004 US Open final between Kuznetsova and Dementieva (which was very popular), Sampras v Krajicek and Krajicek v Henman from US Open 2000. The USTA made a complaint. They clearly have someone checking youtube matches. They are also suffering from paranoia - last I checked youtube don't sell the clips to make money, so people are been denied these clips for no good reason in my view. So these slam matches I have extensive clips of will "rot" on my computer

1996 French Open final - Graf v Sanchez
2000 Wimbledon final - Sampras v Rafter
1991 Australian Open final - Becker v Lendl
2006 US Open final - Federer v Roddick
1989 French Open final - Chang v Edberg
1999 US Open final - Agassi v Martin
2005 Australian Open final - Serena v Davenport
2000 Australian Open final - Davenport v Hingis
2000 Australian Open semi - Agassi v Sampras

Pity, but at least I still have lots of good WTA/ATP matches on youtube. But I'm completely done with slams, just as well I only had 3 there anyway.

BeHappy
10-24-2007, 06:02 AM
couldn't you upload slam matches onto your classictennismatches website from now on?It'd be a shame of all those great matches were lost.

laurie
10-24-2007, 10:34 AM
It is a shame, I just received 16 five minute clips of the 1993 US Open quarterfinal between Pete Sampras and Michael Chang from my friend today. I was really looking forward to uploading this one, because Pete destroyed Michael in the 3rd and 4th sets with the sort of Tennis that only he and Federer has been capable of playing in the last 15 years.

But I have limited bandwith so I can only upload a few matches on my website. And I have no intention of going through the hassle of rotating clips again on a regular basis again, I just don't have the time. It's a pity.

It all went wrong for us sports fans when Google paid youtube all that money, it presented a lot of problems.

BeHappy
10-24-2007, 10:46 AM
maybe you could set up an account at dailymotion and just use it for slam matches?

dailymotion is also very very popular and is pretty much lawless at the moment, eg movies etc...

failing that, if you wuold just upload that one match on your classictennismatches website it would be incredible, like I said, even if it's just for a day.

failing this, you could send jsnapple an interview asking how he has managed to avoid your legal problems, he is constantly uploading us open matches, some of the first matches he ever put up were US open matches and are still up there, like sampras V roddick, sampras V haas etc.
In fact he's just put up the Sampras V Martin USO match, so maybe there's a loophole he's exploiting or something, idk.

laurie
10-24-2007, 11:14 AM
maybe you could set up an account at dailymotion and just use it for slam matches?

dailymotion is also very very popular and is pretty much lawless at the moment, eg movies etc...

failing that, if you wuold just upload that one match on your classictennismatches website it would be incredible, like I said, even if it's just for a day.

failing this, you could send jsnapple an interview asking how he has managed to avoid your legal problems, he is constantly uploading us open matches, some of the first matches he ever put up were US open matches and are still up there, like sampras V roddick, sampras V haas etc.
In fact he's just put up the Sampras V Martin USO match, so maybe there's a loophole he's exploiting or something, idk.

I actually do quite a lot of corresponding with Jsnapple and he's had poblems too, I won't go into details.

I just prefer to upload the ATP/WTA matches now to avoid any problems. I still have many excellent ones of those. I'll make some enquries about daily motion.

The next time I upload a match on classic tennis matches I'll make sure it's Chang v Edberg.

I'll be uploading about 6 more matches to youtube over the next few days. I'll inform you of them when they are finished.

BeHappy
10-24-2007, 11:19 AM
I actually do quite a lot of corresponding with Jsnapple and he's had poblems too, I won't go into details.

I just prefer to upload the ATP/WTA matches now to avoid any problems. I still have many excellent ones of those. I'll make some enquries about daily motion.

The next time I upload a match on classic tennis matches I'll make sure it's Chang v Edberg.

I'll be uploading about 6 more matches to youtube over the next few days. I'll inform you of them when they are finished.

That's all I culd have asked for.
You are an honourable man.

I think what's been happening to youtube lately is a bit like what happened to Napster:
1)initial free for all,
2)companies executives get nervous and sue,
3)We're left with a watered down version of the site
4)Everyone jumps ship to another site, when the new site reaches critical mass, they in turn get sued
5) everyone joins another site
6)the cycle goes on

laurie
10-28-2007, 03:07 AM
I've added these matches over the weekend to youtube:

Krajicek v Agassi - 1998 Canadian open semifinal

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1998+Canadian+open+semifinal&search=Search

Kuznetsova v Schiavone - 2007 Fed cup final

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kuznetsova+v+schiavone&search=Search

Sampras v Becker - 1994 ATP final

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1994+atp+final&search=Search

laurie
11-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Greetings from London. Ok, let me give you an update of what I've been doing. I've uploaded 3 matches recently

1999 Cincinnati quarterfinal Sampras v Krajicek

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1999+cincinnati+quarterfinal&search=Search

1999 Cincinnati final Sampras v Rafter - this is the match where the ball went through Rafter's racquet

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1999+cincinnati+final&search=Search

2005 WTA final Mauresmo v Pierce

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2005+WTA+final

I'm currently uploading 1997 Davis Cup semifinal between Sampras and Rafter. That will be ready tomorrow. Then I will re-upload the 1999 Cincinnati semifinal between Sampras and Agassi, this time the clips are more comprehensive and the picture quality much better.

Then I will upload three more matches,

1999 ATP final between Sampras and Agassi,

1996 ATP semifinal between Becker and Krajicek

2006 Los Angeles final between Dementieva and Jankovic.

Then that will be it for the time being. I'm surprised some of these classic matches haven't been uploaded before by someone.

mdjenders
11-02-2007, 08:55 PM
thanks so much for posting these. USTA/ATP are delusional taking down these videos when the popularity of tennis is waning. These are the kind of matches that might ake the average person want to take up tennis!

BeHappy
11-02-2007, 09:26 PM
it's really weird that your videos aren't getting more views.
once, to prove a point to someone on this forum who said lendl had a crap backhand, I uploaded a segment of one of your downloaded vids, it featured lendl hitting two unbelievable backhands, it has 23000 views.Then I look at your vids and your geting like 500 or something.I don't get it.Maybe you will build up a follownig over time like Jsnapple.

pj80
11-02-2007, 09:58 PM
it's really weird that your videos aren't getting more views.
once, to prove a point to someone on this forum who said lendl had a crap backhand, I uploaded a segment of one of your downloaded vids, it featured lendl hitting two unbelievable backhands, it has 23000 views.Then I look at your vids and your geting like 500 or something.I don't get it.Maybe you will build up a follownig over time like Jsnapple.

yes, but she just put her videos up in last month or so. Yours has been there since february.

laurie
11-03-2007, 12:40 AM
yes, but she just put her videos up in last month or so. Yours has been there since february.

That's a good point, but not only that, in total so far my videos have had over 60,000 views in two months. But as I've put over 300 videos on there the figures are spread out so its understandable. I think the viewing figures are excellent and coming along well.

If the videos stay on there for six months or more, the figures will be incredible. The most poular match so far is Navratilova v Graf

laurie
11-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Here's the incredibly amazing match between Sampras and Rafter in the 1997 Davis cup.

Incredibly Rafter played very well and still got "murdered"

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1997+DC+semifinal&search=Search

laurie
11-30-2007, 04:22 PM
I thought I would give you an update of how my matches have done so far, it's been a great success. I'm pleased I closed my Tennis DVD clips website and put my matches on youtube instead. I started putting matches in September and so far all of my videos have gotten over 83,900 views and counting, I have 327 videos on there right now. The downside is (there is always a downside isn't there) that I have many slam matches which I wont upload because youtube took off the 3 US open matches I did have after the USTA made a complaint. So I won't be uploading any slam matches at all. However, lets not forget, a hell of a lot of great Tennis is played in non slam events. I was lucky to be at the WTA final in Madrid two weeks ago between Henin and Sharapova and its by far the best match I've seen live.

This link lists the most viewed clips in that order - Navratilova v Graf comes out tops so far

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=laurie1414&p=v

I still have a few more matches to upload over the next few weeks, the 1999 ATP (Masters) final between Sampras and Agassi is one, the 1996 ATP semifinal between Becker and Krajicek, a couple of Seles matches and the Los Angeles final from last year between Dementieva and "Weird Al" Jankovic

BeHappy
12-04-2007, 11:46 AM
I thought I would give you an update of how my matches have done so far, it's been a great success. I'm pleased I closed my Tennis DVD clips website and put my matches on youtube instead. I started putting matches in September and so far all of my videos have gotten over 83,900 views and counting, I have 327 videos on there right now. The downside is (there is always a downside isn't there) that I have many slam matches which I wont upload because youtube took off the 3 US open matches I did have after the USTA made a complaint. So I won't be uploading any slam matches at all. However, lets not forget, a hell of a lot of great Tennis is played in non slam events. I was lucky to be at the WTA final in Madrid two weeks ago between Henin and Sharapova and its by far the best match I've seen live.

what happened to:

come on man, just for one day?

Even on youtube, jsnapple has been switching the tags on his grandslam matches every couple of days and his first ever clip which was a series of 2002 USO matches between sampras and others are still up there.

Failing that, why not upload a couple of slam matches onto your classictennismatches?

laurie
12-04-2007, 02:27 PM
what happened to:

come on man, just for one day?

Even on youtube, jsnapple has been switching the tags on his grandslam matches every couple of days and his first ever clip which was a series of 2002 USO matches between sampras and others are still up there.

Failing that, why not upload a couple of slam matches onto your classictennismatches?

Yeah I know but I'm just not prepared to go through all that hassle of putting slam matches with the threat of youtube removing them at any moment. They already removed the 3 US Open matches I had.

I will definitely upload Chang v Edberg to Classic Tennis Matches after christmas but its harder work than uploading to youtube so I will keep matches to a minimum there. Also, running http://www.svetlanakuznetsovasite.com takes up a lot of my time as well so I think youtube is by far the best option.

Just remember BeHappy, there are a lot of great matches out there that are not slam matches.

BeHappy
12-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah I know but I'm just not prepared to go through all that hassle of putting slam matches with the threat of youtube removing them at any moment. They already removed the 3 US Open matches I had.

I will definitely upload Chang v Edberg to Classic Tennis Matches after christmas but its harder work than uploading to youtube so I will keep matches to a minimum there. Also, running http://www.svetlanakuznetsovasite.com takes up a lot of my time as well so I think youtube is by far the best option.

Just remember BeHappy, there are a lot of great matches out there that are not slam matches.

can't say fairer than that.

thx

btw, lots of great tennis vids of dailymotion.com, they're kind of above the law, so maybe you could put your slam matches there?

laurie
12-13-2007, 04:16 AM
Dailymotion? Never heard of them but just now had a brief look at their site, interesting.

These are getting to be the last set of matches I will be uploading to youtube

1996 Canadian Open final Seles v Sanchez

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1996+Canadian+Open+final

1994 WTA final Sabatini v Davenport

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1994+WTA+Masters+final&search=Search

2006 Los Angeles final Dementieva v Jankovic

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2006+los+angeles+final

1994 Italian Open final Sampras v Becker

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1994+Italian+Open+final&search=Search

1996 ATP semifinal Becker v Krajicek

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1996+atp+semifinal&search=Search

1999 ATP final Sampras v Agassi

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1999+atp+final&search=Search

BeHappy
12-13-2007, 05:24 AM
Dailymotion? Never heard of them but just now had a brief look at their site, interesting.

this is the most amazing tennis I have ever seen, its on the dailymotion site, its a slam match

It just keeps getting more incredible right up until the very end.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/edberg+mecir/video/x36u2t_edbergmecir-wimbledon-88

laurie
04-16-2008, 02:56 AM
I've started uploading matches to youtube after 5 months of non activity

2006 Paris Open final Mauresmo v Pierce

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2006+Paris+Open+final&search_type=

1997 Canadian Open final Seles v Huber

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1997+Canadian+Open+final&search_type=

1996 Stuttgart final Becker v Sampras

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1996+stuttgart+final&search_type=

2005 Philadelphia semifinal Mauresmo v Vaidisova

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2005+Philadelphia+semifinal&search_type=

2005 Zurich semifinal Schnyder v Ivanovic

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2005+Zurich+semifinal&search_type=

Henin v Schiavone 2006 Fed cup final

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2006+Fed+cup+final&search_type=