PDA

View Full Version : Austrian Tennis (Muster gegend Skoff)

melzer federer
12-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Hello all,
I have a few questions about Thomas Muster and Horst Skoff.

Most of you know of Muster, hard not to, given his knee, and 1995 FO titles.
I know a lot too, as he is one of my favorite players.

Could anyone tell me about thier experiences with him (if they have seen him play live, or met him)? I have most articles written about him in english and german, and have also searched the net.

Also, has anyone seen or read anything good about Skoff (and his fued with Muster, love of Coke (not the soda), and dating models)...I have only heard he was a hot dog, that lacked discipline, et... He also choked big time against Chang in 1991 Davis Cup.

Lastly, anyone know where I can get that match, or Muster- Agassi 1991 Davis cup? (Most boot-leg sellers don't have them).

Thanks all...

Indy Tennis
12-18-2006, 07:32 PM
I recall Muster staying in Indy for a week, between the RCA tournament and the US Open.

He practiced a lot with Todd Witsken, Bryan Shelton and several top local college players. It was in the middle of the hot and muggy summer and he would just want to get into super-extended rallies.

He loved to rally in practice, no serves, just drop feed and go. The point wasn't to hit winners it was just to keep the ball in play forever.

Even the keenly fit Witsken ad Shelton would eventually bend over in exhaustion, but Muster would call in the next player and keep going.

Muster was always cutting up making jokes that didn't make a lot of sense in English. He had that deep baritone voice.

I don't think I've ever seen a fitter player.

jaggy
01-09-2007, 01:26 PM
I read somewhere years ago that during a match with Lendl, Skoff found a bunch of flowers and gave them to some attractive woman in the crowd. the crowd laughed and cheered and Lendl loudly exclaimed "*******"!

I also think Muster hated him but no idea why.