PDA

View Full Version : Prince precision response ti help.

mach1
08-17-2004, 11:59 PM
Hey guys I have a chance to get some new response ti's for about 80 bucks each...Now i haven't played with this racquet before and noone seems to have one that i can play with so i just wanted some advice about this racquet...what it excels at and what it doesnt like to do. Thank you in advance. Oh yeah and how does the grip shape compare to most princes because I like having more of a Wilson grip shape...its just more comfortable to me.

brijoel
08-18-2004, 12:34 AM
well for starters, its the normal prince shape grip....like the rest of prince racquets, not totally sure what you were expecting on that one. it's extremely stable but the sweet spot is one of those finicky ones where it only feels good RIGHT ON the sweet spot, otherwise it just feels reall funky, but the sweetspot is pretty damn big for the most part IMO so dont worry much about that. the racquet produces some great kick serves, and definite chips and charges well. from the baseline i didnt particularly like it, but i dont like racquets over 93 sq/in for the baseline and serving in general anyways. its not awful at the baseline, just better going to net is all. didnt bother me much cause i dont spend much time there anyway. its a pretty unique racquet and i really enjoyed my time playing it, but i just prefer other racquets to it now.

AAAA
08-18-2004, 06:52 AM
Mach1, What are you currently using and what do you like and don't like about it?

AC
08-18-2004, 06:53 AM
For me, that frame is sort of the standard-bearer for the term "solid." It's an extremely stable frame, probably due to it's slightly wider profile and just a tad stiffer than many other "player" frames (gives it a touch more power than average also). It was great for the chip and charge and spin serves, flat first serves were okay. It went through strings a bit quick for me, not sure if it was the string pattern or what.

mach1
08-18-2004, 09:40 AM
well brijoel i was just hoping that it might not be the same grip shape because I have the POG mid and it has a more of a square shape compared to the TT rebel that i have so thats why.
What im using now is a yonex ti-80as my main stick. I took the paint off and added some lead tape so its about 13 ounces. I like it but the grip is a little too big to serve with but everything else is good. I just thought of getting it just to have it and got excited haha. well i guess i wont be getting it then. Any one of you