PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Pioneerr FL? Is It a Good Machine?

ccelis
12-18-2006, 04:21 PM
I have a chance to buy one for a $200 from a friend, just wondering if I should get it or stay with my SP Swing?

Thanks

meh
12-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Save your money for a lockout or electronic machine. You'd just be upgrading from a low-end machine to an upper-low-end machine.

Young Pete
12-18-2006, 11:26 PM
if it comes with glide bars and glide clamps i will advise you to go ahead and sell ur sp swing and get the pioneer fl.

ccelis
12-19-2006, 04:48 AM
if it comes with glide bars and glide clamps i will advise you to go ahead and sell ur sp swing and get the pioneer fl.

No Glide bars, just flying clamps and a rotational gripper like I currently have on the swing.

Thanks

Court_Jester
12-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Not it doesn't. In fact, it looks like the String Pal with six-point mount and arms.
http://www.alphatennis.com/images/pioneerFL_28.gif

Young Pete
12-19-2006, 09:48 PM
well in that case your sp swing and this pioneer fl are practically the same thing. no need to trade or sell keep the swing.

ccelis
12-20-2006, 06:33 AM
well in that case your sp swing and this pioneer fl are practically the same thing. no need to trade or sell keep the swing.

Thanks for everyones help, I guess the one real difference is that the Alpha has more room underneath the mounting arms, but really not that big of a deal, I am pretty use to it with the Swing. And probably not worth the hassle of thrying to sell the swing.

Thanks