PDA

View Full Version : Gamma 5003 - Slight wobble?

hadoken
12-18-2006, 07:54 PM
Just picked one up..the build quality on the crank and the tabletop is nice but I notice a *slight* wobble on the tabletop when I drop it in the shaft. Anyone else experience this? It's not a big deal....that slack will be gone once I crank it, but I find it annoying given it's price...my old Alpha portable didn't even do this. Comments?

Audiodude
12-19-2006, 03:31 AM
My 5003 has absolutely no wobble. Sounds like something is not to spec.

Mike

Gamma Tech
12-19-2006, 06:14 AM
there shouldn't be any wobble with the turntable. did you remove the nuts from the bottom of the turntable before mounting it? is the turntable pin seated all the way down? there are 2 very small set screws on the back of the winder bar that can be tightened to adjust the bushing, they are above the 2-4mm (pretty sure, if not then 3 or 5mm) set screws that secures the winder bar to the upper column support.

if this doesn't work let me know.
bret

Tour 90
12-19-2006, 04:11 PM
No wobble on mine. Try putting something in wrapped around the turntable base? Maybe?

Muffin Man
12-20-2006, 05:32 AM
i have a slight wobble on my brand new x-st. i was going to try adjusting the set screws tonight. the x-st is just the tabletop version, right? i have it on the available stand. the stand is rock solid but i have noticed a little wobble wile i am stringing.