PDA

View Full Version : Cyber flash vs Pro Hurricane Tour?

Big Boris
12-19-2006, 11:28 AM
I like the Topspin Cyber flash 1,25 mm, and thought it would become my string of choice, but then found that it dies after something like 4-5 hours. Deep notches in the mains, and the mains dont stay put/flex back into original position, so I have to keep adjusting between points.

I am therefore considering trying Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour. I would be grateful for any comments on "longliveness", spin, feel, power, comfort (possible arm pain problems) as compared to the Cyber flash.

PS I tend to string at very low tension DS

Ripper
12-19-2006, 12:16 PM
I like the Topspin Cyber flash 1,25 mm, and thought it would become my string of choice, but then found that it dies after something like 4-5 hours. Deep notches in the mains, and the mains dont stay put/flex back into original position, so I have to keep adjusting between points.

I am therefore considering trying Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour. I would be grateful for any comments on "longliveness", spin, feel, power, comfort (possible arm pain problems) as compared to the Cyber flash.

PS I tend to string at very low tension DS

From what I've read here, you're already using this forum user's favourite poly (the majority of them, anyway). Apparently, they tend to agree that the only string that holds tension better is SPPP, but you would be sacrificing power and spin. SPPP seems to be better regarding comfort, too. Anyway, Pro Hurricane Tour does not seem to be in the same league. Again, this is not my experience, since, of the three I mentioned, I've only used SPPP... And I felt so happy with that I decided to end my search right there ;)

Ljubicic for number1
12-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Very surprised that you are notching cyber that fast and only getting 4 - 5 hours out of it.
I get around 30 hours of play in a n6.1 95 before it goes dead and there is still little to no notching. And I have never seen a cyber string out of place even when strung relatively loose.

Damn I must need to hit harder.

Nextman916
12-19-2006, 04:33 PM
I actually prefer the Original Pro Hurricane to anthing on the market today, ive just gotten very used to the feel of it since it released. But the Reels are too expensive so i steer myself away from it, i like Cyber Flash alot to but not as much as Pro Hurricane.

Big Boris
12-22-2006, 01:37 AM
I heard that the Hurricane has short dwell time or whatever you should call the feeling of the ball leaving the racquet too rapidly, not letting you feel it and (imagine you) work it. Then I guess it's nothing for me. Any comments if this is true? Also at very low tensions?

bluescreen
12-22-2006, 09:20 AM
i used pro hurricane tour last month and one of my n6.1 95's currently has cyber flash in it. pro hurricane tour is one probably my favorite string playability wise, and i feel its more comfortable than the original pro hurricane. cyber flash has a little more comfort, but i think pro hurricane tour still has better spin and playability. i had pro hurricane tour on my n6.1 for about 3-4 weeks before my arm started hurting, but ive only had cyber flash for a week, so i cant compare tension loss or longevity.

andyroddick's mojo
12-22-2006, 09:59 AM
ljubicic for number 1,

you will be glad to know that as a n6.1 95 user myself, i will be purchasing a few sets of cyberflash, after i run out of my redcode, to test it out. And if it is as good as you say it is, then I will be a very happy person. I'm thinking of stringing it in the 54's? how does that sound? I don't like it boardy.

Ljubicic for number1
12-23-2006, 02:53 AM
ljubicic for number 1,

you will be glad to know that as a n6.1 95 user myself, i will be purchasing a few sets of cyberflash, after i run out of my redcode, to test it out. And if it is as good as you say it is, then I will be a very happy person. I'm thinking of stringing it in the 54's? how does that sound? I don't like it boardy.

I'm sure you will be a very happy person then. I dont know about the 54lbs though. I recently strung a mates N6.1 at 54 and he likes it but it feels mushy to me. I wont go under 60lbs in my N6.1 and its still quite soft and comfortable at that tension.

John.