PDA

View Full Version : PolyStar Profile?

PaulC
12-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Anybody has tried this?

Another optic-yellow orange-peel-like surface string, (like Polyfibre TCS) I guess.

Stan
12-20-2006, 04:40 AM
I have yet to play a PolyStar string that I would rate as even semi-decent. They play okay off the machine, but tend to lose tension and playability fast. On top of that, many of the co-polys are not as durable as one would expect. I would advise staying away from PolyStar. There's a very good reason they are in limited supply in the US.

Wondertoy
01-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Anybody has tried this?

Another optic-yellow orange-peel-like surface string, (like Polyfibre TCS) I guess.

PolyStar Energy is an excellent string from a small German company with only one distributor in the U.S. El Anouyie and Scheuttler have played with their strings forever. Davydenko uses Energy. The Profile string is a new product from them that has more spin and a stiffer feel than Energy. I play with Energy full set up and I like the feel better than the Profile. I like it better than ALU, but try it and make up your own mind.

Wondertoy
01-01-2007, 11:56 AM
...with only one distributor in the U.S.

With great prices, you can get their Playtester's Package II for under $25 which includes one set each of PolStar Energy, Profile, Poly Plasma and Poly Megaforce.

10sstringman
01-01-2007, 04:06 PM
I have yet to play a PolyStar string that I would rate as even semi-decent. They play okay off the machine, but tend to lose tension and playability fast. On top of that, many of the co-polys are not as durable as one would expect. I would advise staying away from PolyStar. There's a very good reason they are in limited supply in the US.
A lot of people feel the same way as you. PolyStar doesn't sell for a reason.

Wondertoy
01-02-2007, 05:42 AM
Small manufacturers are in limited supply in the U.S. Pacific wasn''t even distributed in the U.S. the last few years. Signum Pro has very limited distribution. Speak for yourself, Waimea_Boy, you don't have to speak for others. There is merit to this string as the USC Tennis team plays with this string.

esrb
01-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Nice string, bought a couple of reels in Germany last year, very cheap though.

10sstringman
01-03-2007, 07:24 AM
The USC team does not play with this string. Only a couple of marginal players do. As compared to Pacific, no one plays with Polystar.

p3k
01-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I playtested the three Polystar strings back to back and I must say that Profile is a very good improvement in terms of tension stability compared to Energy which loses the tension very very fast. Profile has a very similar - lively feel, feel a bit stiffer than Energy but still on the soft side. Durability is a bit low, for me the main drawback, but very good string overall, I liked its feel better than Poly Plasma or Cyberflash... if you need comparison with other top polys ask me, maybe I can help...

TheTennisKid
01-03-2007, 02:31 PM
I playtested the three Polystar strings back to back and I must say that Profile is a very good improvement in terms of tension stability compared to Energy which loses the tension very very fast. Profile has a very similar - lively feel, feel a bit stiffer than Energy but still on the soft side. Durability is a bit low, for me the main drawback, but very good string overall, I liked its feel better than Poly Plasma or Cyberflash... if you need comparison with other top polys ask me, maybe I can help...

I can help out with top polys too. Like Pacific and Polystar. Email me: matthewccheung@hotmail.com

Wondertoy
01-04-2007, 07:26 AM
The USC team does not play with this string. Only a couple of marginal players do. As compared to Pacific, no one plays with Polystar.

We've been through this discussion before you were banned Waimea_Boy:

Originally Posted by racingdad23:
Men's Collegiate Team Strings
Here is a few. Hopefully this will remove some of the speculation about "who" uses what. I'll post more maybe later tonight when I have more time. Special thanks to those at these programs that provided accurate information for us to enjoy.

(USC)
4 Polystar Energy
6 Alu with Tecnifibre X-1 in the cross
2 full Pacific
1 full X-1

10sstringman
01-04-2007, 06:21 PM
4 marginal players out of 13 in one of the ONLY programs in the US to have Polystar players. Wow! No wonder no one is buying this string. I should know.

Wondertoy
01-04-2007, 07:23 PM
10sstringman, first you say no one plays with PolyStar on the USC team, when you have to eat crow and say marginal players....you discredited yourself. You know nothing, can we move on?

10sstringman
01-07-2007, 05:44 AM
Um, read post #8. Then having your boyfriend read it and explain it to you.

Wondertoy
01-07-2007, 11:41 AM
You're the only marginal player I know, as I recall opinions are like @ssholes, everyone's got one.