PDA

View Full Version : Serious Synthetic Gut Help

Borat
12-19-2006, 08:00 PM
:confused: hey, I'm buying the KFactor KSixOne Team 95 on January 20th and wanted to use a hybrid setup. I know what poly's (a long list of them) I wanna use, but it seems like there are NO good synthetic guts I can use for crosses. I really wanted to try gosen Og-Sheep micro 16, but my pro-shop doesn't carry it (bummer), the only other synthetic gut I am considering is Prince Sythetic Gut with Duraflex but a lot of people say that it is terrible. Please give my some sythetic gut choices for my first string job,l and why you like them. (If you can try to compare your favs to other synthetic guts to help me make a decision) thanks:confused:

noobplayer
12-19-2006, 09:09 PM
y dont u try psgd 17g, ppl say that is better, personally i think psgd is alright, some ppl dont like the stiffness/ durability of it

meh
12-19-2006, 09:23 PM
PSGD isn't the best-selling synthetic by being horrible. The negative feedback that you've been reading is from sensitive, experienced players who prefer the softer PSG Original over the Duraflex, which adds a bit of stiffness because of the Kevlar twist. PSGD is the standard to which other synthetics are measured.

Anyways, your shop is sure to carry some other synthetic guts other than Prince. I'd count on your shop carrying Wilson Stamina and/or Gamma Wearguard; in the cross of a hybrid, the differences between aforesaid synthetic guts is negligible. If you're looking to soften up the stringbed a bit, Babolat Superfine Play or Head PPS are soft, widely-available choices.

Borat
12-20-2006, 04:07 AM
y dont u try psgd 17g, ppl say that is better, personally i think psgd is alright, some ppl dont like the stiffness/ durability of it
I thought about that, and I like the thought because I am getting a dense 18X20 String pattern that will mprove my strings longevity.

SteveI
12-20-2006, 04:27 AM
:confused: hey, I'm buying the KFactor KSixOne Team 95 on January 20th and wanted to use a hybrid setup. I know what poly's (a long list of them) I wanna use, but it seems like there are NO good synthetic guts I can use for crosses. I really wanted to try gosen Og-Sheep micro 16, but my pro-shop doesn't carry it (bummer), the only other synthetic gut I am considering is Prince Sythetic Gut with Duraflex but a lot of people say that it is terrible. Please give my some sythetic gut choices for my first string job,l and why you like them. (If you can try to compare your favs to other synthetic guts to help me make a decision) thanks:confused:

Hi,

No-brainer... Gosen OG Micro 17.. best bang for the buck. Really nothing better in that class. PSGD is ok... but why pay almost $4.00 a set? BTW.. not really "PSGD is the standard to which other synthetics are measured".. that would be the PSG. PSGD is one of the best selling strings out there for a few reasons. Comes in many colors, many gauges and plays very well for the price and for a many a skill level... but not really the gold standard IMHO... Syn gut is like Pizza.. try to get two people to agree which tastes the best.

Regards,
Steve

mhstennis100
12-20-2006, 09:54 AM
I have Wilson Stamina in the crosses of my racket and it holds up fine. Prince Tournament Nylon is a 15L string that is very durable. This site says its not as playable but I wasn't able to tell the difference between it and Stamina. Those are 2 very cheap options for syn gut.

Borat
12-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Hi,

No-brainer... Gosen OG Micro 17.. best bang for the buck. Really nothing better in that class. PSGD is ok... but why pay almost $4.00 a set? BTW.. not really "PSGD is the standard to which other synthetics are measured".. that would be the PSG. PSGD is one of the best selling strings out there for a few reasons. Comes in many colors, many gauges and plays very well for the price and for a many a skill level... but not really the gold standard IMHO... Syn gut is like Pizza.. try to get two people to agree which tastes the best.

Regards,
Steve

They carry no Gosen Strings at my shop

SteveI
12-21-2006, 03:56 AM
They carry no Gosen Strings at my shop

Hi,

Buy a reel or a set and bring the string to your shop??? I will send ya a set to try...

Steve

Borat
12-21-2006, 02:36 PM
You'll send me a set? Whats your email?

WhiteSox05CA
12-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Isn't the reel of the Gosen really cheap?

I'd personally use OG Sheep Micro, Prince Original Syn. Gut (maybe DF), I hear these are the best, and maybe a Gamma to see.

I might want to try the Ashaway, Babolat Conquest, and Gosen Jim Courier.

Just playtest a new one with each string setup you get. Then you will know for sure what fits you right, not what us on these tennis forums tell you is good.

SteveI
12-22-2006, 01:57 AM
You'll send me a set? Whats your email?

Click on my user profile...

Steve