PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Triad Hammer 6.0

mesagsxbkr
08-18-2004, 01:34 PM
I just picked up a triad Hammer 6.0 based on the recommendation and the sale at my local proshop...This is really my first experience with a higher end racquet, and I would just like to know what you guys tihnk about the racquet. I hav 20 days to return it, so if you guys say it isnt to great, I can check out other options. Thanks

mesagsxbkr
08-18-2004, 03:29 PM
has anyone played with this racquet??? I am looking for any kind of reviews...

markm
08-18-2004, 04:23 PM
My doubles partner uses the midplus one and I have played with it several times. It is definitely the best triad racquet ever. The racquet is exceptional from the baseline and is fine for an all court player, just change the ugly orange wilson tl-gel grip to a nice leather grip.

mesagsxbkr
08-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Thanks alot for the reply. It seemed like a good racquet...I guess I will just give it a try when I get it!

deanpf
02-04-2005, 01:00 PM
It's a great racquet as long as you hit the sweet spot. ;o)

Steve Huff
02-04-2005, 09:39 PM
If you need another one, let me know. I have a couple of them. stmt@comcast.net

blue sea
02-05-2005, 07:05 AM
I did use the OS version a year ago. It felt just like what Wilson said: powerful, quick, comfortable and accurate. However I broke string quite often (I used Wilson NXT 16) so I quit. Now I'm playing w/ Head Ti Radical OS and quite happy w/ it.

Mies
02-05-2005, 02:30 PM
My girlfriend plays with the oversize (106 sq inch) version. It is less powerfull than the other triads, easy to swing and reasonably comfortable. I say reasonably, because it is still rather stiff (as are all rackets in this weight category). My girlfriend sometimes complains about stress in her arm when she is having a bit of an off day in finding the sweetspot. I myself cannot give you much information as this racket is not in the weight category of rackets I'm used to playing (which are more in the 12 oz. area) and I only hit a couple of balls with it when she bought it (2 years ago). However, I see that my girlfriend needs to take long cuts at the ball to get them deep, which is good for her technique and it's also her preferred style of play.

You would need to tell me a bit more as to what kind of swing you have and whether you are physically strong and how good your technique is to provide with any alternatives for you to test. But as always, take it out on the court, have a few hours of playtime with it and determine your own opinion: it's the only opinion that matter in the end anyways.

Regards,
Maurice