PDA

View Full Version : Recommended for Flexpoint instinct.

Patricklovestennis
12-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Hi.
I am about to order a head flexpoint instinct and there are too many strings AHHH! what is recommended for this racquet. I am around a 3.5 player, with a top spin forehand, and flat backhand. help me please.

vinnier6
12-20-2006, 09:36 AM
i would start with a nice multi stung up tight like 62 or higher...wilson nxt or head fxp string would work fine...you cant go wrong with prince syngut either...

Patricklovestennis
12-20-2006, 01:24 PM
i ended up ordering the kirschbaum super smash 1.30 for it. i don't know how it will turn out, but yeah, if it bad i can order the head fxp or wilson nxt... and I said i wanted it strung at 57, because its in the middle, but the max it says the flexpoint can be strung at is 62, a kid on my team strung on of his racquets higher than i think it was 60, which was the max for it, and he said i cracked his frame... could that really happen?

Andy Zarzuela
12-24-2006, 10:46 PM
i ended up ordering the kirschbaum super smash 1.30 for it. i don't know how it will turn out, but yeah, if it bad i can order the head fxp or wilson nxt... and I said i wanted it strung at 57, because its in the middle, but the max it says the flexpoint can be strung at is 62, a kid on my team strung on of his racquets higher than i think it was 60, which was the max for it, and he said i cracked his frame... could that really happen?

to answer your question. Yes. I used to play and LOVE the predecessor to your racquet. The Liquidmetal Instinct. I had 3 of them. Broke all three from NORMAL playing. I hit really hard and flat (harder than most at my level).....and since the Flexpoint version is a similar mold, it very well can happen. Just be careful with it, but don't be scared to play hard. Buy a backup racquet and don't worry if yours cracks, you can send it back and they'll replace it!

Ljubicic for number1
12-25-2006, 09:18 PM
What I have found is that the FXP instinct plays crap with conventional stringing. The crosses need to be 7lbs tighter than the mains. It totally transforms the racquet.

I have had people demo a conventionally strung instinct along side the tighter crosses instinct and they cant believe they are the same racquet.