PDA

View Full Version : Question for Volkl C10 pro users

tennisfreak
08-18-2004, 02:29 PM
I am demoing this racket and love the feel of it, since I am looking for something muted and arm friendly. My serves are great with this racket. However, I find that my groundstrokes tend to sail long if I hit out. I want to get this racket and string it tighter. How will that help on the control, and will serving be as good as when it is a looser tension? Thanks.

tennisfreak
08-18-2004, 04:08 PM
Specifically, I want to know how the racket performs under different tensions.

Ed Lee
08-20-2004, 05:01 AM
Based on my experience using the C10 Pro with NRG2-17, I would not string it below 53 lbs. Even at 53, I notice that on occasion the ball sails on me. I don't notice this behavior very much when the racquet is strung at 54 and 55 lbs. Note, however, that these stringing tensions are what I ask for, and may not be what I am getting from the stringer.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Ed

Michael Musok
08-20-2004, 06:35 AM
Never liked my C10 Pro as much as when I took a poster's advice and strung it at 62 lbs of tension. I'm a guy who normally likes midrange tensions in my racquets but this guy was absolutely right about the C10 Pro. The hoop is so flexy that it offsets the tighter string bed. The feel is still there and the control increases substantially. My best results were with Gosen Jim Courier 17 and Gosen AK super tech 17.

RON ANDERSON
08-20-2004, 09:15 AM
IM A C10 PRO TOUR USER AND WITH NAT GUT GO AT 61-62LBS.
SYN GUT I WILL GO WITH 68-70LBS.
IMO VOLKLS WITH A FLEX UNDER 60 PLAY SUPER SWEET AT
HIGHER TENSIONS. THE LOW FLEX WITH A LOW TENSION TO ME
GIVES TO MUCH OF A TRAMPOLINE EFFECT. YOU MAY LOOSE A
LITTLE PACE ON SERVE BUT WILL HAVE MUCH MORE CONTROL
WITH IT.

tennisfreak
08-20-2004, 11:52 AM
OK. That helps a lot. Thanks for the replies.