PDA

View Full Version : Sppp

koolperson359
12-20-2006, 03:33 PM
hey i just bought a package of sppp gauge 17...i was wondering how it is and if it's better to do a full string job on it or hybrid it with synthetic gut...plz give other suggestions to hybrid it with and what tension u guys use...thanks in advance :D

vinnier6
12-20-2006, 04:01 PM
hey i just bought a package of sppp gauge 17...i was wondering how it is and if it's better to do a full string job on it or hybrid it with synthetic gut...plz give other suggestions to hybrid it with and what tension u guys use...thanks in advance :D

i just put 16L sppp in both my flexpoint radical tours, full job at 58lbs...i am loving it so far, i have played about 6 times and soo far its holding tension very well and has a nice crisp feel and the string doesnt move at all...nice power and control add up to a really nice string...

antonio
12-20-2006, 07:22 PM
I just put in SPPP 17 in the mains at 55lbs and Eagnas perfect spin in the crosses at 58lbs and wow is it nice. It is very easy on the arm. Good control and nice pop. SPPP seems much softer than other Polys. The Eagnas perfect spin is a textured multi. So far so good!

plarazza
12-20-2006, 09:18 PM
I have sppp in my mains at 59 and syn gut in the crosses at 60, in my Roddick Drive. I love the way it plays and feels. I havnt been gutsy enough to try a full job yet I will someday tho but right now I'm perfectly happy with it. And about no string movement

s.sharm01
12-23-2006, 02:13 PM
I just got SPPP and i was reading about the 5% tension reduction. Did u guys take that into account, or does it not matter?

Bottle Rocket
12-23-2006, 03:15 PM
10% reduction and yes, do that.

Try it as a full job... I think that should be done with everything before messing with hybrids. It is the best poly type string I have ever used as far as tension holding goes, it is no doubt better for your arm than most of the others.

I have it at 54 lbs in my 98 inch Pure Storm and it is perfect.

sypl
12-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Won poly of the year (http://www.stringforum.net/string2006.php) at stringforum.net, so it can't be all that bad.

josephhkim
12-23-2006, 03:55 PM
SPPP is an excellent string.

Tension reduction is recommended but not necessary. I do mine at 58 lbs.

I don't think mixing with a synthetic gut is necessary, since it is a soft poly

i'd do a full job or a hybrid with natural gut.

vinnier6
12-24-2006, 06:25 AM
i usually string my racquets at 62lbs with a multi, and when i got this string in 16l i strung it up at 58...i might try 60 next time, but 58lbs in my flexpoint radical tours works pretty nice....

Steve Huff
12-24-2006, 08:58 PM
"Crisp" isn't a word I would associate with SPPP. It has a soft feel, although not springy. I would definitely drop the tension about 10% if doing an entire job with it. Afterall, it is still a poly. You don't want to damage your arm. So far, it is one of the few poly's I'll use. it has a nice feel. I have several customers who like it hybridded with PSGD.

vinnier6
12-25-2006, 11:12 AM
"Crisp" isn't a word I would associate with SPPP. It has a soft feel, although not springy. I would definitely drop the tension about 10% if doing an entire job with it. Afterall, it is still a poly. You don't want to damage your arm. So far, it is one of the few poly's I'll use. it has a nice feel. I have several customers who like it hybridded with PSGD.

its pretty "crisp" comming from nxt...i wouldnt drop 10%, but somewhere inbetween 5-10 is what i came up with...i went about 7% this time...