PDA

View Full Version : Kirschbaum Touch Turbo?

Bottle Rocket
12-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Hey guys,

I just got my big package from TW with a bunch of strings to experiment with. One of them is Kirschbaum Touch Turbo (1.275mm).

On the back it says something interesting - "Touch Turbo supports perfectly a powerful, less spinning kind of play."

It seems this stuff is not a competitor to most of the polyester strings that will quickly claim to produce insane amounts of spin.

How does this stuff compare to Luxilon ALU? Anybody have any comments on this stuff?

Should I string it at the same tension as Luxilon (10% + lower) or higher like a standard synthetic gut?

I am debating whether I should do a hybrid or a full job of this stuff for science purposes...

Richie Rich
12-20-2006, 08:11 PM
i tested kirsch TT vs Lux ALU Power recently

Kirsch is very springy and softer than ALU. It is less spinny than ALU as well. I found Kirsch lost tension very quickly too so I would string it like regular synthetic. You will need to break it in a little at first but it should settle in ok.

Depends what you are used to. I preferred ALU over the Touch Turbo. I liked the better spin and better tension maintenance of ALU.

If you like ALU, give Cyberflash a try. Great string at much cheaper price

Bottle Rocket
12-20-2006, 10:23 PM
I woudn't have bought this string knowing the "spin potential" is less than ALU Power...

I had ordered Cyberflash as well, but it was on backorder, so I canceled the order. I was excited to try it.

When I play with a fresh job of Luxilon ALU, I am quickly reminded that there is absolutely nothing out there that comes close. It blows my mind how well I can play with this string. It is pretty obvious why they can charge $14 for it and get it... Suckers like me keep coming back! :confused:

It would be nice if there really was a a cheaper "alternative"....

I usually go between 52 and 54 lbs with the Luxilon, maybe 59 or so with the Kirschbaum?

Richie Rich
12-21-2006, 03:53 AM
It would be nice if there really was a a cheaper "alternative"....

I usually go between 52 and 54 lbs with the Luxilon, maybe 59 or so with the Kirschbaum?

alternatives to ALU - unique big hitter, cyberflash. i've found these the closest to ALU

regarding the tension for the TT, your suggestion of 59 would seem to do the trick. it might be a little stiff at first but it will settle in. if you strung it at your regular tension it would be a rocket launcher in a few hours.

Big Tigger
12-21-2006, 10:22 AM
If you care for control, stay away from TT.

Consider Alu, ProsīPro, or, mainly TiMo. for control