PDA

View Full Version : Anybody received their laserfibre stringer in the past week?

kaissoz
12-21-2006, 08:39 AM
There were supposed to start shipping out their lastest shipment mid last week. Since I don't seem to be able to get a hold of them, I seriously doubt it happened, and more delays to be expected... hopefully i'm wrong.

varuscelli
12-22-2006, 04:02 PM
There were supposed to start shipping out their lastest shipment mid last week. Since I don't seem to be able to get a hold of them, I seriously doubt it happened, and more delays to be expected... hopefully i'm wrong.

Hi, kaissoz...

You had actually ordered a LaserFibre a few weeks ago, right? Or were on the waiting list or something?

If so...and if you do actually receive yours, please do let the list know. (Or anyone else, for that matter, just as kaissoz is asking -- sure would be nice to know if they're going out yet. For some of us, just to satisfy the curiosity).

dancraig
12-22-2006, 04:37 PM
__delete__

kaissoz
12-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Yes, i placed a reservation early november and was told 4 weeks. I had hopes 2 weeks ago, as I was getting emails and calls back about the status of my order. This week, complete silence, and my credit card hasn't been charged yet... Yes, i'll post when i receive it.

kaissoz
01-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Well I just called them, and it seems like their customer service number has been temporaly disconnected... hopefully this is not the end of Laserfibre in the US.

varuscelli
01-04-2007, 08:57 AM
This is something I have to throw out there for consideration: I wonder if the Customs Service (of one country or the other) might be making it difficult (if not financially impossible) for LaserFibre to do what they want to do in terms of making their stringing machines available here? Otherwise, I just can't imagine what's going on. :confused:

jj300
01-04-2007, 10:19 AM
having worked in a container transportation business for several years in my high school days, I can chime in on the customs issue. Customes is often to blame for delays in shipments;however, after a few times shipping the same thing. The shipper should be able to figure out exactly what they need for the package to go thru customs withouth a hitch. For example we had a customer who's containers would always be put on hold by customers, after a while we figured out the type of goods shipped required 2 extra sheets of paper in teh documents. Once we made the simple change, no container was held up by customes for the remainder 2 years I was with my company. So yes they are somewhat to blame but dealing with them as long as LF has been, they should figure out a way to get the packages thru asap.

varuscelli
01-04-2007, 10:58 AM
having worked in a container transportation business for several years in my high school days, I can chime in on the customs issue. Customes is often to blame for delays in shipments;however, after a few times shipping the same thing. The shipper should be able to figure out exactly what they need for the package to go thru customs withouth a hitch. For example we had a customer who's containers would always be put on hold by customers, after a while we figured out the type of goods shipped required 2 extra sheets of paper in teh documents. Once we made the simple change, no container was held up by customes for the remainder 2 years I was with my company. So yes they are somewhat to blame but dealing with them as long as LF has been, they should figure out a way to get the packages thru asap.

All very good points! With day-to-day business practice, these things likely become more or less non-issues (or at least minor issues).

KingO
01-04-2007, 06:35 PM
I had a TT/ECO with flying clamps reserved since end of September. Was in no rush to get the machine since I was still using my ATS Super Stringer II, just wanted to upgrade to a better machine. Towards the beginning of December, I e-mailed them, and got a quick response saying they have a shipment coming mid December, but never came, I guess. I e-mailed them again Dec. 21, this time no response. Christmas came and went, no machine, no e-mails or updates received. E-mailed them Dec 28, no response again.

I got impatient, and e-mailed Mark@Alpha Dec 29 early afternoon... quick response... answered my questions... 2 more e-mails later I was talking to Mark on the phone and ordered an Alpha Revo... by mid afternoon my machine was on it's way. Received it yesterday. :mrgreen:

I received an e-mail from LaserFibre Jan. 2 saying my reserved machine is scheduled to ship early next week, and I should call to complete my order and select my free strings:mad: . Since I already have a machine coming to me, I e-mailed them to cancel my order:-( .

Steve Huff
01-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Customs can never be too careful. You wouldn't want some stringing machine manufacturer including meth in their machines just so they can say people can string a racket in 4 1/2 minutes using a LF.

kaissoz
01-05-2007, 06:26 AM
KingO,

actually ur post gives me some kind of hope that things are in motion again, as I too heard from them mid december until complete radio silence followed. i placed my order a month after you, so hopefully it won't be long until I hear from them again.

Thrice
01-05-2007, 10:50 AM
I last sent an email to Laserfibre two weeks ago and never heard back from them. I was in no big hurry when I got on the waiting list in the fall, but I'm about done waiting.

At this point I'm considering getting the Alpha Revo 4000 instead. It's in the same price range and seems to receive a lot of good comments from people on here (machine and customer service).

kaissoz
01-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Just got the following email detailing the current status:

".....
Due to a serious quality issue on the recently received TT series machines,
we are not willing to ship to our customers just yet until the factory
corrects a non-authorized substitution of an inferior component on the
machine. They took it upon themselves to make a change that was outside of
LaserFibre's specifications and without notifying us in advance. While we
have been working hard to resolve this issue with the factory, as of yet
they have failed to correct the problem to LaserFibre's satisfaction.

Please understand that while we do not like delays, the action we have taken
is for the protection of our customers.

Of course, our policy is to not invoice until the item is ready for
shipping. Therefore, you have not been charged for the order. While we would
regret, but would certainly understand if you decided to cancel your order.

We are hoping to get word tomorrow on the status of the replacement
components for all TT series machines from the factory and have urged them
expedite the matter.
..."

predrag
01-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Just got the following email detailing the current status:

".....
Due to a serious quality issue on the recently received TT series machines,
we are not willing to ship to our customers just yet until the factory
corrects a non-authorized substitution of an inferior component on the
machine. They took it upon themselves to make a change that was outside of
LaserFibre's specifications and without notifying us in advance. While we
have been working hard to resolve this issue with the factory, as of yet
they have failed to correct the problem to LaserFibre's satisfaction.

Please understand that while we do not like delays, the action we have taken
is for the protection of our customers.

Of course, our policy is to not invoice until the item is ready for
shipping. Therefore, you have not been charged for the order. While we would
regret, but would certainly understand if you decided to cancel your order.

We are hoping to get word tomorrow on the status of the replacement
components for all TT series machines from the factory and have urged them
expedite the matter.
..."

Which machine did you order kaissoz?

Regards, Predrag

kaissoz
01-09-2007, 02:52 PM
I ordered the MS200TT with flying clamps.

predrag
01-10-2007, 06:45 AM
I ordered the MS200TT with flying clamps.

YOu would not be interested in ECO?

yourname1245
01-16-2007, 09:03 AM
hi,
haven't recieved my email and no one is answering the phone. I heard that they haven't recieved all there replacement parts, they have the best warrenty so i may not cancell.

catscot
01-23-2007, 02:26 PM
I placed an order in November, they charged my credit card a week ago so I called today and they said it would ship on Thursday. We'll see what happens.

catscot
02-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Just an update. I received UPS tracking #'s but never a stringer. The package apparently was never shipped. Just cancelled my order, guess I'll start looking again.

yourname1245
02-06-2007, 04:45 PM
hey,
here's the last email i recieved on january 22
"Yes, It should be about 10+ days for the new arrivals and could be the same
time for the parts (in fact, it would not surprise us if the parts were in
the ocean shipment with the machines instead of air freight as they are
supposed to be).

Also yes, the 2007 models are still upgradeable and are covered by our 10
year warranty, but I think yours has already been upgraded to the Premium
version at no extra cost to you due to the wait. You can't go very much
further in upgrades from what you have on reserve.

Keep in mind that it is just the TT models. The FX and DX models will be
staying the same. Since the current TT's, the FX and the DX models all use
the same parts and upgrade components, the complete 10 year warranties and
standard parts availability are not an issue.

Thanks,

Ted"
I think i may wanna get a different machine whats the difference between gamma and alpha. which is a good machine around 650
sal