PDA

View Full Version : Best Polyester out there ?..what are you guys using ?

sorkang724
03-09-2004, 11:20 AM
hi i've been struggling to find a polyester for my blend string job. i'm currently using bow brand natural gut for my crosses and looking for something durable to put on my mains with out a dead feel. i formerly use the Lux BB alu , but found that the string was a little too dead. i'm looking for something that has a great durability with feel and also holds tension like the Lux BB alu. Lux BB was a great tension holding string, but i just could not stand the dead feel. i've heard some recommendations such as, babolat ballistic, hurricane and kirshbaum super smash honey. let me know what you guys think. all reply will be much appreciated. thank you

Benjamin
03-09-2004, 12:06 PM
From the several polys I've used - Babolat, Kirschbaum, Gosen, Topspin, Luxilon - the Big Banger ALU Power 16L has more power than any of them. Maybe try the BB ALU Power 16L again and string a little more on the loose side?

My other favorite (not as good as the Luxlilon IMO) poly is the Kirschbaum Super Smash Honey 17g. A little more crisp feeling than the Luxilon BB ALU Power and maybe a minute amount more spin, but not the power or the "softer" feel of the Luxilon.

The Topspin Poly Polar gave a good "softer" feel but I felt the spin potential with this string was lacking.

Good luck with your search.

Benjamin

borisboris
03-09-2004, 01:14 PM
I love Kirsch Honey 16 - when it's live it is hard to top. I now use the Turbo 17 and the soft feel of a ploy is a relief becuse I use a super stiff frame. They are both superior poly's. I didn't get the game I was looking for out of the Big Banger.

postal
03-09-2004, 02:18 PM
I switched from the Big Banger to the Klip K-Boom. I found it to be livelier and more responsive off the racquet.

Currahee
03-09-2004, 03:20 PM
Just started using K-Boom in a hybrid with nat. gut. Great feel and response.