PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Miami area willing to host me?

tennis_lover
12-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Hey guys, I'm a 19 yr old (male) from the Bahamas and I'm attending the Sony Ericsson (formerly Nasdaq100) Open from March 24th to April 1st. Hotels in the area are ridiculously expensive. I'm willing to pay to crash at your place and I will have my own trans. Please contact me if you can offer any help. Thanks.

rknowles@tgoltd.com

8PAQ
12-21-2006, 05:05 PM
So which tennis pro is this thread about? Oh, I see, you are saying that you think that Federer will win in Miami again for 3rd time in the row in 2007. Yes, I agree with you.

DashaandSafin
12-21-2006, 05:41 PM
So which tennis pro is this thread about? Oh, I see, you are saying that you think that Federer will win in Miami again for 3rd time in the row in 2007. Yes, I agree with you.

Whats your problem? He's obviously a pro, so this does belong in pro discussion. He's just asking a question where it'll get the most responses. I know I never visit some parts (most) of the forum so I wouldn't see it.

Anyway, I'm sure there are friendly TW folk living in Miami, I would host you if I lived down there...happy hunting!

Sagittar
12-21-2006, 05:48 PM
good luck pal , really
and never mind every answer you get in this thread

drakulie
12-21-2006, 06:09 PM
He's obviously a pro,

Dash, how did you find out he is a pro. Does he have a ATP ranking?? Just curious.

sureshs
12-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Are you related to Mark Knowles from the Bahamas?

Eviscerator
12-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Hey guys, I'm a 19 yr old (male) from the Bahamas and I'm attending the Sony Ericsson (formerly Nasdaq100) Open from March 24th to April 1st. Hotels in the area are ridiculously expensive. I'm willing to pay to crash at your place and I will have my own trans. Please contact me if you can offer any help. Thanks.

rknowles@tgoltd.com

I might be able to find a place for you to stay, though it would not be near Key Biscayne where the tourney is. So if you are just attending no big deal, but if you are trying to qualify it might be tricky to get there on time every day. So more details are needed for me to try and figure out how to help you. Will you need a coach and/or a hitting partner? If so, I know just the guy.:mrgreen:

pound cat
12-22-2006, 03:45 AM
I might be able to find a place for you to stay, though it would not be near Key Biscayne where the tourney is. So if you are just attending no big deal, but if you are trying to qualify it might be tricky to get there on time every day. So more details are needed for me to try and figure out how to help you. Will you need a coach and/or a hitting partner? If so, I know just the guy.:mrgreen:

He says he will have his own transportation so we know he's not indigent. LOL

Brettolius
12-22-2006, 04:47 AM
Come on now...you guys think he's a pro? Playing in the tourney? You know the tour puts the player up in hotels right? This is a fan attending the tourney.

LttlElvis
12-22-2006, 05:44 AM
Come on now...you guys think he's a pro? Playing in the tourney? You know the tour puts the player up in hotels right? This is a fan attending the tourney.

Actually, in some tournaments, the lower ranked pros are housed voluntarily. Tennis pros ranked over 100 really don't make that much, especially after taxes, travel expenses, etc. However, I find it strange someone would solicit here rather than contacting the tourney.

tennis_lover
12-22-2006, 08:17 AM

Thanks. I am certainly NOT a pro though I enjoyed the all the speculation while it lasted. I am just a tennis fan who plans on attending (possibly volunteering for) the tournament. I welcome any help you can offer me.

p.s I'd love to play some tennis when I get there...

Oh and to the guy who asked - no I'm not related to Mark Knowles.

DashaandSafin
12-22-2006, 08:29 AM
Dash, how did you find out he is a pro. Does he have a ATP ranking?? Just curious.

Hmm got me. I assumed he was a pro when he said he was "attending" the Nasdaq 100. I guess I glossed over the word. My bad.

In any case, it would be awsome to have a top 100 pro sleep in your house, and maybe hit for a bit with you.

rommil
12-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Thanks. I am certainly NOT a pro though I enjoyed the all the speculation while it lasted. I am just a tennis fan who plans on attending (possibly volunteering for) the tournament. I welcome any help you can offer me.

Beyonce maybe?

andyroddick's mojo
12-22-2006, 08:54 AM
if you really are a pro, like you gave me some video evidence or something, then and I was an adult, I would totally let you crash in exchange for some private lessons afterwards, or some free stuff that you get from being sponsored. What racket/setup do you use?

tennis_lover
12-22-2006, 08:55 AM
Beyonce maybe?

haha... lol i wish.

Ripper
12-22-2006, 11:15 AM
if you really are a pro, like you gave me some video evidence or something, then and I was an adult, I would totally let you crash in exchange for some private lessons afterwards, or some free stuff that you get from being sponsored. What racket/setup do you use?

He said he's not a pro.

raiden031
12-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Is it just me or is posting an ad on a message board looking to stay at the home of a random stranger a bit of a stupid idea?

Eviscerator
12-22-2006, 10:16 PM

Well if you are looking to stay here on the cheap have you considered a youth hostel?

http://www.clayhotel.com/hostel.htm

czech09
01-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Here you go my friend and I used this when traveling in China this summer. The site is awesome and the people we stayed with were great! Good luck if I didn't have school (or if my school was in Miami) I'd volunteer as well!

www.couchsurfing.com