PDA

View Full Version : Single Action Clamps

Mr. Blond
12-23-2006, 06:57 AM
Just curious if anyone knows what machines out there have single action clamps?

tennis&racquetball89
12-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Prince neos 1000 has glide bar clamps which are single action. You don't ever need to secure the base of the clamp because it will always remains stationary with the glide bar. All you have to do is clamp the string.

Mr. Blond
12-23-2006, 02:30 PM
ok....let me clarify the question then......swivel single action, not glide bar clamps, which current models have them?

jj300
12-23-2006, 02:40 PM
can you define what you mean by single action? If you mean clamping the string and securing the clamp bases in one touch then the sensor expert has them. Not sure of any others although I believe the tecnifibre machiens might have it to. Several machines are super fast locking of the bases such as the sensor or the gosen machine featured on photostringer.com

Mr. Blond
12-23-2006, 02:47 PM
can you define what you mean by single action? If you mean clamping the string and securing the clamp bases in one touch then the sensor expert has them. Not sure of any others although I believe the tecnifibre machiens might have it to. Several machines are super fast locking of the bases such as the sensor or the gosen machine featured on photostringer.com

that is what I mean, similar to the babolat machines, is it only high end machines with those types of clamps?

josephhkim
12-23-2006, 03:47 PM
no, its not always high end but its always more expensive than single clamp.

A lot of machines offer single action, just look around.

Laserfibre offers both single and dual action clamps.

meh
12-24-2006, 08:47 PM
no, its not always high end but its always more expensive than single clamp.

A lot of machines offer single action, just look around.

Laserfibre offers both single and dual action clamps.
Laserfibre's single-action clamps are fixed clamps, aren't they? I don't own one, but they look like fixed clamps.

With the dual-action, spring-assisted clamps that only require a quarter- to half-turn to lock the clamp base, one can lock both levers in a single motion.

Also, check out this RSI chart (http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/issues/200608/200608smg_clamping.html) that breaks down machines by clamping system. The only machines with dual, swivel, single-action, fixed clamps are Pacific Digital X8 and Tecnifibre TF-8000.