PDA

View Full Version : hybrid help please

ASV39
12-23-2006, 07:38 AM
im gona use luxilon big banger ace 18 and x one biphase 17 on my yonex nano speed rq 7. Which one do you recommend i put on mains and crosses and should i differ the tension between the 2 at all?

Thanks

TalkingTennis91
12-23-2006, 07:42 AM
I'd start out with the Luxilon in the mains, and the Tecnifibre in the crosses. However, depending upon your game, they can be adjusted accordingly. I really don't think that there would be a need to differentiate the tension between the two.

ASV39
12-23-2006, 08:16 AM
I'd start out with the Luxilon in the mains, and the Tecnifibre in the crosses. However, depending upon your game, they can be adjusted accordingly. I really don't think that there would be a need to differentiate the tension between the two.

Thanks for the quick reply, ill most likely try that, anyone else?

BTW, i have a topspin forehand and a mostly flat backhand, rarely break strings, and am looking for lots of spin, and some good feel.

thanks, and does anybody actually use a synthetic or natural or multi on the mains and poly on the crosses? I mean, what would be the effects of it compared to poly mains and gut crosses? Thansks again

DiabloTS
12-24-2006, 10:33 AM
I agree with tt91. Because theres no reason in keeping the Luxilion in the crosses, that would just make the hybrid pointless. Just use your normal tension.

Voltron
12-24-2006, 10:36 AM
I agree with tt91. Because theres no reason in keeping the Luxilion in the crosses, that would just make the hybrid pointless. Just use your normal tension.

Same, but I would put the crosses at 5% less tension then the mains.

TalkingTennis91
12-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, ill most likely try that, anyone else?

BTW, i have a topspin forehand and a mostly flat backhand, rarely break strings, and am looking for lots of spin, and some good feel.

thanks, and does anybody actually use a synthetic or natural or multi on the mains and poly on the crosses? I mean, what would be the effects of it compared to poly mains and gut crosses? Thansks again

I, myself use VS Natural Gut in the mains, and Luxilon ALU Rough in the crosses, but that's at a lower tension in my nCode Tour 90. That's for the specific purpose of more spin/control and better feel.

lude popper
12-24-2006, 01:15 PM
im gona use luxilon big banger ace 18 and x one biphase 17 on my yonex nano speed rq 7. Which one do you recommend i put on mains and crosses and should i differ the tension between the 2 at all?

Thanks

Tension differences between mains and crosses might resolve themselves. Perhaps tighter strings carry more impact load and lose tension at a higher rate.