PDA

View Full Version : Forehand Swing Question

Matt986
08-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Well I've got a question about a swing, sometimes I catch myself swinging the racquet in a vertical motion at the ball..like with my arm down and not at my waist...it seems to have a good effect, but is this a bad habbit to get into? Should I just stick to swinging my arm at the ball in a horizontal motion?

Oh and one more thing, can someone give me advice on serves...maybe a good instructional site or anything of that kind I would greatley appreciate :D...thats another thing I'd love to fix

I've been playing for the past few months and I think I've improved so much and so fast I passed up a few of my friends and or got to there level and they have been playing for a year or so. I find it to be quite amazing.

Camilio Pascual
08-19-2004, 06:21 AM
When taking lessons with my mixed dubs partner (who had played for just over 2 years), the coach told her to quit scooping the ball. She was more successful at getting the ball over the net, but it would be a floater if it was high and would bounce up comfortably high if it just cleared the net. He made her bend her knees to get down closer to the ball and have a more level swingpath. It did not work as well as the scoop at first, she hit a lot into the net. Then, she improved and developed a better forehand.