PDA

View Full Version : missing a part!?!?!?!?

xtremerunnerars
12-24-2006, 05:07 PM
opened my gamma x-2 stringer...and it seems like a part is missing. The little bars that go into the grooves to attach the string tensioning arm thing seem to be missing.

this REALLY ****es me off. do i call gamma or can i order the part online?

Redflea
12-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Call Gamma...they need to confirm something is missing, and replace any missing parts for free.

Bottle Rocket
12-24-2006, 06:55 PM
"The little bars that go into the grooves to attach the string tensioning arm thing seem to be missing."

I've got a Gamma X-2. I have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

I bet everything is there. The way they package that thing and have it ready to go, it is hard to believe something major isn't there.

Can you describe what you're missing a little better?

thejackal
12-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Is it a screw with a plastic knob?

xtremerunnerars
12-25-2006, 03:11 AM
Is it a screw with a plastic knob?
i wouldn't know because i'm MISSING it! haha.

i'm missing parts 259 and 88.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8189/stringerts9.jpg

88 (screws/hex bolts) is not even listed in the manual.

this sucks so bad...it was the christmas present i wanted the most and now i'm going to have to wait because of gamma's mistake....

diredesire
12-25-2006, 05:44 AM
Have you called Gamma yet? I'm guessing that if it is missing, they will ship it to you at no cost. I would double check the whole package again to see if there is anything like that missing. It doesn't really look like an integral part in the first place, though...

What does it do? Maybe it is already attached elsewhere... It seems to be a mounting bracket of sorts, but i don't see where it would attach..

xtremerunnerars
12-25-2006, 09:26 AM
dire, it's pretty important it seems. The grooves in the side of the machine are what the string tensioner sits on top of. In order to stay on (not fall), something has to be in those grooves (which have a lip) and be attached to the tensioner.

gamma's closed for the holidays, i'm going to call tomorrow (tuesday).

Bottle Rocket
12-25-2006, 10:43 AM
When I got mine the sliding bars were already on it... You're also missing the allen screws?

diredesire
12-25-2006, 06:38 PM
I see.. It looked like that was the function from the photo, but I couldn't see how it would fit. Also, do a search on the boards for Gamma Tech's posts. I think he may have posted his direct e-mail once or twice. That might get you a quick response, too!

Good luck

xtremerunnerars
12-27-2006, 06:51 AM
just thought to update everyone:

I just got off the phone w/ the gamma tech at the headquarters near me. It's about a 20 minute drive, but they're just going to mail them. He is mailing them today and said they'll arrive tomorrow.

woohoo!