PDA

View Full Version : String Suggestions For My Game...

Andy Zarzuela
12-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Ok...I have to admit. I have hit with so many racquets and know which racquet suits what type(s) of players, etc. I reccommend to all my friends what to look into, even if they have a company prefrence. So yes, I am a self-proclaimed racquet connoisseur but anywho, I hate to admit, I do not know much about strings. And now that I am approaching a 4.5+ level, I was wondering if anyone would like to give me a crash course.

here's what I know.

Natural Gut is premium string and most tour professionals use it. It is very expensive for us amateurs.....and is top quality....

multifiliaments are softer strings and provide more power and more comfort (reccommended for players with arm/hand/shoulder injuries)

Polyester string is more durable than synthetics, however, many times has less playability.

**However, with the new Big Banger (Poly based) is very popular on tour and many tournament players use it as well...

Ok...there's a few facts that I know. I know a little bit more, but anyway,

HERE'S THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: what is the best string for power hitters who love to hit really hard and flat while on a budget? That also has some durability.

bcsax123
12-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Synthetic gut 16g. Any brand works, I find Prince Duraflex has the best durabilty out of the synthetics (Not playability) .

Andy Zarzuela
12-24-2006, 09:50 PM
I snap through synthetic gut within a few hours of hitting...

thejackal
12-24-2006, 10:13 PM
try that in the crosses with a good poly in the mains.

aroddick
12-26-2006, 12:25 PM
stick string savers on any. !!!!!!!!1111

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ferocious4hand
12-26-2006, 01:49 PM
What is the best string for power hitters who love to hit really hard and flat while on a budget? That also has some durability.

well, the name Big Banger says it all. you can swing for the fences and the ball still manages to stay in the court. Its durable and for a bout $10 a pop its quite a bargin.

meh
12-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Andy, it's a Yonex RDX 300, right?

Wilson Stamina Spin 15L or Prince Topspin 15L are your low-end choices. Your other option is to go for a co-polyester string, either as a full job or in the mains with a synthetic cross. Topspin Cyberflash and Gosen Polylon SP are quite the popular choices around here, but there are plenty of postings on poly strings and you don't have to restrict yourself to those. I would try the 1.30mm diameter.

Borat
12-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Topspin Cyberflash 17, or a Lux ALU Power hybrid with Gosen Og Sheep Micro 16 or Prince Synthetic Gut w/ DF are the best in my opinion. Cyberflash is pretty cheap but luxilon is expensive. Gosen Og sheep micro synthetic gut is great feeling and plays awesome but lacks durability. At 3 bucks a pack though, Gosen is a great choice and a great string. I've heard mixed reviews on prince synthetic guts, a lot of bad reviews on the DF version as it lacks feel. Gamma Livewire Proffesional is considered by many to be the best multifilament, yet all multis seem to lack durability. Many consider Natural Guts to be almost obsolete in comparison to many synthetic strings, especially multifilaments. As you can see, weigh out your choices and try stuff for yourself, you have individual needs and wants for your game. I would recommend trying full polyester string jobs, pick your favorite poly and hybrid that with Gosen or Prince Synthetic guts. Once you know which hybrid you like best, compare it to your polyester full string bed job. Next take that favorite and match it up against multifilaments. Weigh in price and durability. Make your choice. (there is nothing wrong with having a favorite string set up, and then trying new strings in btw tournaments)

rosenstar
12-26-2006, 07:25 PM
I'd go with the luxilon. If you want something more durable, but still playable, go with the Luxilon ALU power. If playability is more important to you, go with LUxilon ACE 18L.

Steve Huff
12-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I'd say a poly (Prince Polygut, Kirshbaum Super Smash) in the thickest gauge you can get it, strung at a 10-12% lower tension than you would use with synthetic gut.