PDA

View Full Version : What to choose, Gosen poly comfort or sp, I liked comfort when tested vs other

Hisoka
12-25-2006, 02:29 AM
Hi,
Some time ago I ordered 10 different packs of polys. There were (all in 17 gauge):
BB ALU
Gosen poly comfort
Kirsch Turbo Touch
Kirsch Competition
Prince something....
Hurricane
etc etc...
I hybrid that with Gosen OG micro 17 gauge.

The winner was Gosen poly comfort. There was something in that string, it always played nice for me and got power, spin etc.etc.

Few days ago I said to myself "I got winner now I will order the reel".
I saw new players on field of polys. I will put asside SPPP and cyber spin. Im interested in polylon sp. I trust Gosen and not interested in anything else. Especially that I dont want to playtest more, I want to buy reel.

I will tell you what I liked on POLY comfort and Im expecting that of SP:

I want power, Im tall guy with nice serve so serve is my weapon. Forehand also, when I got winner ball I really want to blast it. Dont want to hit clear winner 3 times to win a point.
I want string that really bites the ball, when I slice I want some action and also want bite on second serve. Also on my doublehanded backand, when I put opponent off court and he returns parallel to my backhad I want to hit big crosscourt with bite. Since I hit hard I want balls to go in when I spin them. Also on approach shot I want bite especially when I need to pickup low ball.
I love some control but that is not primary thing for me. The best thing in tennis for me is to blast the ball. I dont care I win or lose I just want to smack the ball and wipe my opponent off court if possible. If not, thats ok, I lost, so what...
I would also like string that wont break after few matches. I liked this string because when I was slacking on court I still got control and balls wasnt flying of court and I didnt have to hit hard to give hard ball (nice bite and power for me with this string). When I exploded, my opponents could not see the ball.

POWER AND BITE , I want that.

Will SP, which is not textured give the same bite? ? I guess not...I know spin depends on technique but I would like much help that I can get. Sometimes I'm slacking with my tennis and then I still want power on court.
Let say I will get same or more control & power with SP, but will bite still be here. I dont care SP reel 2x cheaper than comfort. I want power and bite.
Should I stick with comfort or try SP. Im affraid if I buy a reel of SP and I dont like it, then what....I think I answered my question but would like to see comments from you who played both strings....

Thank you and wish you all the best....

Ripper
12-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Maybe this will help:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=107509&highlight=polylon

Kevo
12-26-2006, 08:04 PM
I think the SP would give a little more power, and the comfort a little more bite. I would imagine that either one would be a good choice once you find the tension you like for it. I think the SP is cheaper though, so that might put it in the lead.

Hisoka
12-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Thank you for your suggestions. You both are right combined what I have read on forum and internet about these two. I ordered comfort on the end. I got open pattern racquet and ordered 17g of comfort. That showed ok, 17g poly is still good durability. I dont care, I just want bite on low ball when Im storming to the net ;). And I really want to stick to something which suits me. I'm sick and tired of trying and trying and trying and not be consistent in my game. It would be a real blast to order SP, pay shipping, pay custom (im from Europe) and then find out something is missing. What to say, u from USA are lucky ;).

regards

Roy
01-08-2007, 01:26 AM
I tried "comfort" as a cross with Timo (usually use PSGD as a cross) and I found that "comfort" actually had less control than PSGD and had more power too. The feel wasn't all that great either. So i guess "comfort' is not for me.

Kevo
01-08-2007, 10:43 AM
I've never even thought to hybrid two polys. I can't imagine that working out in many cases. The poly syn gut hybrid makes a lot of sense though.