PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic gut question

Pusher
12-26-2006, 07:20 AM
In Reading the TW Learning Center it seems that synthetic gut comes with a solid core with a single or double wrap. The single wrap seems to be most popular with only a few double wraps like the Klip Scorcher.

I've never used a double wrap before-is there some advantage? Is it worth the higher price?

Also, I've used a lot of Babolat Conquest and its a good string but I notice the Babolat Superfine Play is apparently the same type string (solid core/single wrap) but is much less expensive (in reels) than the Conquest. Any reason for that?

Thanks

Valjean
12-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Double wraps traditionally give more comfort; Conquest is the "premium" solid core in the Babolat line, like OG Sheep Micro Super JC used to be Gosen's. Mainly, the stringbed is more consistent side-to-side and end-to-end, and these strings hold tension a bit longer.

snoflewis
12-26-2006, 11:34 AM
In Reading the TW Learning Center it seems that synthetic gut comes with a solid core with a single or double wrap. The single wrap seems to be most popular with only a few double wraps like the Klip Scorcher.

I've never used a double wrap before-is there some advantage? Is it worth the higher price?

Also, I've used a lot of Babolat Conquest and its a good string but I notice the Babolat Superfine Play is apparently the same type string (solid core/single wrap) but is much less expensive (in reels) than the Conquest. Any reason for that?

Thanks

i haven't tried conquest, but i know superfine play is one of the softest synthetic guts out there. it's not very durable either...but definitely soft, if that's something you're looking for.

Pusher
12-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks guys,

I was just curious as to the difference in a single wrap and double wrap synthetic.