PDA

View Full Version : Stringing w/ Kirchbaum

gugafan05
12-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for stringing with Kirschbaum Super Smash. When I string racquets with it they are far too tight. I have heard to lower the tension -3 pounds below the desired tension. However, even when I do this the racquet is strung too tightly. It feels like a brick. Any help appreciated.:D

Kevo
12-26-2006, 07:53 PM
10% less tension is the general rule for polys. Polys can be tricky though. There are some softer ones that can be strung at normal tension. I don't think Super Smash is one of the newer polys though, so 10% is probably about right.

ShcMad
12-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for stringing with Kirschbaum Super Smash. When I string racquets with it they are far too tight. I have heard to lower the tension -3 pounds below the desired tension. However, even when I do this the racquet is strung too tightly. It feels like a brick. Any help appreciated.:D

I got a free sample of the Super Smash 1.275mm, and I have it strung on my Prestige at 62/59lbs. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to hit with it yet. I chose this tension for this string particularly because I've heard countless times that this string is one of the most powerful and softest polys out there. I normally string all my racquets in the low 50's, but I wanted to try something new. This is only the second time in my life that I have anything strung above 60lbs. Hopefully, I won't break an arm, and I hope the Kirschbaum will be as soft as people say.

Steve Huff
12-26-2006, 08:28 PM
I have never found Kirshbaum Super Smash Honey to be soft. For those looking for control or lower power, it's a good string though. Like most poly's, it's a little too harsh for my arm, but I have several people who really love it. Generally, it should be strung about 10% lower than a synthetic gut. If you've always played with multi's, I'd go even lower.

Richie Rich
12-27-2006, 03:48 AM
i used super smash for almost 1 year and strung it 5 lbs less than i would normal syn gut.