PDA

View Full Version : Kimony Stringing Machine

varuscelli
12-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Anyone here ever see one of these Kimony stringing machines before?

I've got a photo of it linked at the top of the Miscellaneous Stringing Machines page.

http://www.photostringer.com/misc_stringing_machines.htm

I had seen and heard of Kimony awls before, but not this stringing machine. I wonder if there are others, but I think this might be the only model.

jj300
12-27-2006, 06:38 PM
hmm interesting..tension head looks like the stuff on the tru tension machines and the table/clamps seem to be taken from the yonex machine

varuscelli
12-28-2006, 07:14 AM
Albert Lee had a hunch and was kind enough to do a bit of research on this machine, and even though sold by Kimony (and sort of "rebranded" -- or at least digitally "relabeled" as a Kimony machine) it actually looks to be a Toyo Zouki machine.

Now, as to how I need to label it on the site. Hmmm. I guess it can stay as something like "Kimony (Produced by Toyo Zouki)"

Steve Huff
12-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Very interesting. The base table looks awfully thin though. The crank looks like it would have a lot of leverage for easy cranking.

varuscelli
12-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Very interesting. The base table looks awfully thin though. The crank looks like it would have a lot of leverage for easy cranking.

I just this very day posted a bunch of collected images of Gosen stringing machines here:

http://www.photostringer.com/gosen.htm

Take a look at the Gosen GM-400 as compared to the Kimony.

(And please excuse the random quality of the photos of Gosen machines. Gosen machine photos are few and far between and hard to find, so some of them are quite small and of questionable quality -- but they're the best I've been able to get hold of.)

kkm
09-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Is the crank tensioning system of the Kimony machine like the True Tension machine with the massive reference spring, or like the Prince Neos and other spring crank machines?

Ash_Smith
09-22-2010, 02:02 PM
dude, this thread is the best part of four years old and Al hasn't been spotted around in a while - you'll be lucky to get an answer from any of these guys!

Ash

kkm
09-22-2010, 03:17 PM
dude, this thread is the best part of four years old and Al hasn't been spotted around in a while - you'll be lucky to get an answer from any of these guys!

Ash

Good point (well taken), though one can hope, I guess