PDA

View Full Version : string suggestion

max8176
12-27-2006, 11:18 PM
Hi all, I have been using cheap 15G nylon strings on my RD-7 strung at 78 main and 80 cross for a long time. I am a 4.0 rated player that hit with two-handed on both sides and have a aggressive baseline game. Best strokes are probably my groundstrokes and return. Worst strokes are my volley and serve. After reading posts on this forum for a while I would like to try some different strings that will help me to improve my game. I really like the tight feeling of the strings but would like to try something with a little more feel compare to the nylon I am using now and hopefully something that holds the tension a bit longer. Any suggestions? Basic syn or any hybrid?

Valjean
12-28-2006, 10:22 AM
Gosen's OG Sheep Micro Super JC--Gosen's premium, 16L solid-core synthetic gut designed for and used by Jim Courier--is tailor-made to what you do.

max8176
12-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks i will look into that. Any other suggestion?

meh
12-29-2006, 03:30 PM
A stiffer, premium solid-core synthetic seems to be what you want. Klip Scorcher, or maybe Prince Topspin. Valjean's suggestion is probably the most apropos, though. Gosen JC was/is a fantastic synthetic, especially in the retired 17g. Topspin and Scorcher are overpriced a bit, but are probably available locally, if you decide to forgo online buying.