PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid, Pro Hurricane Tour - mains and ???

[ GTR ]
12-28-2006, 05:15 AM
I currently use the pro hurricane on my practice racquet, and I don't find enough spin that I would want. I've heard the Tour version has a lot of spin with power and when I break my strings I wanna have PHT in the mains but I'm not to sure what to have in the crosses.

Would wilson sensation be good because I have a spare set? The pro shop where I'm gonna get it strung at doesn't have a wide range of strings. No luxilon, sppp, natural gut, other good polys. The best poly they have should be the PHT.

Say I want the Hurricane tour at 55lbs, what tension should be on the crosses? Would 53lbs be a good choice because I like strings with low, mid tension range?

Pusher
12-28-2006, 08:36 AM
;1136350']I currently use the pro hurricane on my practice racquet, and I don't find enough spin that I would want. I've heard the Tour version has a lot of spin with power and when I break my strings I wanna have PHT in the mains but I'm not to sure what to have in the crosses.

Would wilson sensation be good because I have a spare set? The pro shop where I'm gonna get it strung at doesn't have a wide range of strings. No luxilon, sppp, natural gut, other good polys. The best poly they have should be the PHT.

Say I want the Hurricane tour at 55lbs, what tension should be on the crosses? Would 53lbs be a good choice because I like strings with low, mid tension range?

Use the Sensation. If you're stringing the PHT about 5 lbs less than a nonpoly then you might consider the senation at 60lbs.

When you run out of Sensation get some Gosen sheep 17 and use it on your crosses. Its cheap and it works.

xtremerunnerars
12-28-2006, 11:07 AM
I am going to hybrid it with babolat attraction.

I'll let you know how that goes.

w00gy
12-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Use the Sensation. If you're stringing the PHT about 5 lbs less than a nonpoly then you might consider the senation at 60lbs.

When you run out of Sensation get some Gosen sheep 17 and use it on your crosses. Its cheap and it works.

Why 5 lbs difference?

j0hnd0e
12-28-2006, 02:04 PM
with so many possible string combinations how does one find the right hybrid for them? I find it really hard to keep testing out different hybrids because its not exactly cheap.

Borat
12-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Gosen OG sheep micro 16

[ GTR ]
12-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Thanks everyone :D

s.sharm01
12-28-2006, 07:32 PM
i'm getting my bab pd+ back with pht, and synthetic guy tommorow. will let u know how that feels

power_play21
12-28-2006, 07:40 PM
i'm getting my bab pd+ back with pht, and synthetic guy tommorow. will let u know how that feels

yeah be sure to let us know how that synthetic guy feels. dont have too much fun with him though, he might explode.

me is bored
12-28-2006, 07:47 PM
i tried pro hurricane and xcel premium today and didnt like it cuz it hurt my arm and didnt have enough spin that i wanted (on a babolat pure drive)

s.sharm01
12-28-2006, 08:27 PM
yeah be sure to let us know how that synthetic guy feels. dont have too much fun with him though, he might explode.

damn i can't believe i said that. now everyone knows. But i guess i can post about it tommorow after i find out how it feels. hahaha. Good catch.

samej07
12-28-2006, 09:44 PM
i play hurricane tour with xcel crosses. makes the poly feel much softer. only problem is i've got where it only takes me about 10 to 12 days to break it.

SoBad
12-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Why do you have to hybrid if you haven't tried PHT all the way yet. I suggest you try that first, ugly colour but feels ok (better than ALU power) and certainly durable and no string movement it seems.

TEAM ZERO
12-29-2006, 12:01 AM
I am currently trying main - PHT 125 and crosses - Syntronic Brio 125 at 50 lb. Its much softer than the a full PHT but hybriding the PHT gives less bite of the ball.

godot
12-29-2006, 12:57 AM
Gosen OG sheep micro 16

I second this. Very spinny... I used 52/50lbs

[ GTR ]
12-29-2006, 02:44 AM
Why do you have to hybrid if you haven't tried PHT all the way yet. I suggest you try that first, ugly colour but feels ok (better than ALU power) and certainly durable and no string movement it seems.

I don't think it's ugly but silver, white, natural coloured strings definitely looks better. I want to try hybrid because it will be the first time I'm trying a hybrid. I just have a spare set of wilson sensation that I will be using, not giving away or selling it.

[ GTR ]
12-29-2006, 02:46 AM
I forgot to ask something.

Since the hurricane tour has a lot more durability than the sensation would the crosses break first? I just think it would be weird because I've only broke mains before.

s.sharm01
12-31-2006, 04:48 PM
Alright the hybrid i had tried. Main PHT 62 & Syn Gut Crosses 62.
Felt awesome. Soft but not too soft. I had it put on the Pure Drive + and even thought i put high tension i still had balls flying out. I might need to work on my form when hitting. BUT i hear that the prob with pure drives + in general. Oh well now i will attempt to depower the damn stick.

Thor
01-01-2007, 04:12 AM
I use it at 56 with Gamma live wire pro crosses at 58
plays superb