PDA

View Full Version : How did I do?

GeorgiaRoyal
12-28-2006, 01:57 PM
I have been wanting a stringer for a while and received some Christmas money and purchases one. I only had about $250, so I bought an Eagnas Flex 740 machine. It is a drop weight machine with 6 supports. It also has 2 fixed clamps. I did some research before purchasing, but my knowledge in the area is limited, so I was wondering what some of the opinions here might be.

I had no prior stringing experience, but it only took me about 3 times before getting it right. I've had some friends ask me about stringing theirs, but I'm nervous about doing it since I don't have a lot of experience, but if I only string my own, I won't get much practice as I only break strings about once every month in a half or so.

DRtenniS1112
12-28-2006, 02:02 PM
I think thats a fine choice. As for practicing if your friends aren't very good and particular maybe you could tell them that you want to string just for practice and just charge them the cost of the string an no more. Then when you get the hang of it, charge a real price.

eunjam
12-28-2006, 10:36 PM
only recommendation i can give you. stringing is like sex. it's not brain surgery. and the more you do it, the better you will be at it.

i have a 740 too. PM me if you have an questions.

GeorgiaRoyal
12-29-2006, 05:15 AM
I actually do have a question, but it says that private messaging has been disabled.

Is there a brake for the turntable so I can avoid pulling the string at a weird angle?