PDA

View Full Version : Gamma 5003 Adjustments

40Love
12-29-2006, 08:12 AM
How do you adjust the tension calibration if the adjustment screw is backed all the way out and you still are releasing less than the set tension. By the way, the Gamma 5003 build quality is great!

Tour 90
01-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Do you mean the tension adjustment screw?

40Love
01-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Yes the tension screw. I assume that you adjust the angle of the string jaws but I wanted to be sure. Thanks for responding.

dancraig
01-02-2007, 10:14 PM
I think "Gamma Tech" will help you.

cad@corp.gammasports.com

Gamma Tech
01-03-2007, 02:26 PM
here are some instructions to correct the tension. this is what I call the major adjustment. the other adjustment you were doing (and in the manual) is the minor.

adjust the side adjustment screw on the side of the block, so latch hook is in the middle of its travel.
mark the original position of the latch hook block(LHB) with a pencil or tape, so you know where you started.
loosen the 3mm allen screw on the front face of the LHB.
loosen the flush 4mm allen screw on front of LHB.
rotate the block down (clockwise) about 1/16".
tighten 4mm allen bolt
calibrate with adjustment screw (from the manual).
when your happy with the tension tighten the 3mm allen screw on the front face.
tighten 1.5mm allen set screw.
dancraig: can you erase the 2nd phone number, i'm not sure what it is and you can add my direct email cad@corp.gammasports.com

thanks,
bret

Tour 90
01-03-2007, 04:26 PM
If your releasing less than your desired tension, maybe try just putting it up a pound or two? Hope this helps!

BTW I have a 5003 aswell and I have never encountered this problem so maybe you could try for a warranty replacement crank, who knows they might give you one, Gamma is very good with their costumer service.

40Love
01-04-2007, 09:27 AM
here are some instructions to correct the tension. this is what I call the major adjustment. the other adjustment you were doing (and in the manual) is the minor.

adjust screw so latch hook is in the middle of its travel.
mark with pencil or tape the original position.
loosen the 3mm allen screw on the front face of the latch hook block.
loosen flush 4mm allen screw on front of LHB.
move block clockwise about 1/16"
tighten 4mm allen bolt
calibrate with adjustment screw
when your happy tighten the 3mm allen screw
tighten 1.5mm allen set screw.

dancraig: can you erase the 2nd phone number, i'm not sure what it is and you can add my direct email cad@corp.gammasports.com

thanks,
bret

Thanks Bret, my calibration is right on after following this advise.

Gamma Tech
01-04-2007, 12:50 PM
that is great.
bret

yemenmocha
02-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Can anyone explain some of these steps further?

It seems like when I rotate it, I go to far then the hook won't go in and out. but if I leave it in a position where hook travel is possible, no matter how much I adjust it the thing never reads 60lbs. Best I can get is 55. How can a new machine have this problem? I'm assuming it's me here. Anyone help?

rscottdds
02-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Mine came from the factory locking out about 5lbs too light. I was able to adjust it to the correct lockout tension by using the above mentioned adjustments. It is real close to the point where the hook won't unlatch though. If I remember correctly I adjusted it to where it barely unhooked after lockout.
-Robert

yemenmocha
02-24-2007, 09:26 PM
that's where I'm at. I get it close to where it can't unlock and then it either pulls close to 60 lbs but won't unlock, or it unlocks but pulls 55lbs.

rscottdds
02-25-2007, 09:30 PM
I can't remember what I did to finally get it to work. I do remember playing around with the adjustments for a bit. I guess Bret (Gamma Teck) must be on vacation or something.
-Robert

Gamma Tech
02-27-2007, 07:00 AM
yemenmocha,
did you get the problem corrected?

if not how much are you moving the block you only need about 1/16" or 1/8"? did you also move the hook to the center of its travel before moving the whole block? by your explanation it sounds like you are moving it too much, did you mark it when it was in its original position? if so move it back to there, put the hook in the middle of its travel, screw the adjustment screw all the way in and then unscrew it about 3 turns, then move the latch hook block down about 1/16 to 1/8".

if that doesn't work out we will figure something else out. also make sure you are taking the reading as soon as the brake lever "pops" out because that is when the maximum tension is and the machine is designed to release.
bret

lovelove
05-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Gamma tech.
I have the same problem with my tensioner on 6004 machine, 5 lbs below the setting, and I followed exactly what you said here but it helped only a little bit. It is like ~2 lbs below setting now (the lock lever pops out at ~58 lbs while the setting on the tensioner is 60 lbs). The side adjustment screw is all the way out. If I move the block any bit further (clockwise) the lock lever won't pop out.

Are there any other adjustment can be done?
Thanks a lot.