PDA

View Full Version : Both sides of a overgrip.

ibemadskillzz
08-19-2004, 07:26 PM
I use two types of overgrips. Tournagrip XL and Wilson Pro white- do you use both sides of the grip or just one side? Does it feel a lot different or different at all on the other side? Is it the same? Is it better to just use one side and throw it away?

TennsDog
08-20-2004, 06:12 AM
Sometimes I would use the back of my Pro Overgrips if I was short on grips or just needed a new grip and didn't have any with me at the time. I don't like it much because it is hard, rough, and not absorbant, but it gaves me more play time out of each grip. I only did this during practice time or when it doesn't matter anyway. Sometimes my hand got sore and red from this which is why I haven't done it in a while. I plan to stock up on grips now so it won't be a problem. But I don't see anything wrong with playing the other side of the grip if you don't have a problem with it.

leog
09-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Hey guys, here's a great tip for you that I've been doing for over a month now...

instead of trying to save money using the backside of an overgrip (which we all can agree doesn't feel as tacky/nice as the intended front side), just wrap the overgrip over half of itself, so that only one half of it is exposed. Then, when the exposed half is dirty/worn out, unwrap it and re-wrap it starting with the end that was originally at the top, this will now expose the half of the grip that was previously covered.

Only thing is that the grip likely won't extend all the way up the handle when you wrap it this way, which might irritate those using two-handed backhands. It also builds the grip up by at least one size, which I don't mind, as my hand is too big for a 4 5/8 anyways...Well, that's what I do with my Wison Pro OGs