PDA

View Full Version : Teaching PRO/Jr. Lesson Plans

starsin47
12-29-2006, 04:53 PM
We have a 13 yr. old who has been playing about one year and just started lessons a few months ago with a local teaching pro. What should parents expect regarding updates/feedback from the pro? Currently we have received none. With our older child who now plays high school, we got not only feedback, but a month by month plan from the pro once she saw how he was developing (at a different club). I would like to hear from parents (as well as juniors) what type, if any, feedback, planning they get from their pro.Thanks;)

NbladeTopspin
12-29-2006, 05:07 PM
how good is he

starsin47
12-29-2006, 05:19 PM
He has had about 1 year of 2/3 days per week of group clinics, and has played in a city league. Won about 6 out of 13 single matches in his age group. Basically has all the strokes down, as well as footwork. Needs work on strategy, consistency. Plan to start tournaments this Spring (starting with novice).

looseswing
12-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Well my pros have never talked to my parents, unless if my parents asked about how I was progressing. However, we did all the things your other pro did but he talked about it directly to me. Perhaps you should ask your son what the pro is telling him.

maverick66
12-29-2006, 09:10 PM
i didnt like my parents talking to my coach. now i dont mind as im older and lost that embareesment of parents thing. i would ask your kid first then the coach. also if hes doing clinics casually ask another coach how hes playing. i right now just switched coaches and he likes to talk to my parents and keep positive to make sure that i get only positive feed back from them. if the coach cant give you feedback then maybe its time to look elsewhere.