PDA

View Full Version : Pacific String

hughsiss
12-30-2006, 02:00 AM
Who here uses Pacific string?

I use Pacific Poly Force 17. It is awesome, the control is excellent.

Has anybody tried the Pacific Natural Gut?

tlm
12-30-2006, 06:16 AM
The pacific toughgut is the best natural gut you can buy, i have tried bab vs it not play as well or last as long as pacific.The klip + bde are so so if you want to save a few dollars but they are to powerful for me.

None play near as good as pacific, i think it is funny how all these guys here tell me that klip or bde or some other second rate gut plays the best, but they have never tried pacific.

If you are going to spend $26, spend a couple of $ more and get the best.By the way hughsiss how is the poly force as far as comfort?

TheTennisKid
12-30-2006, 06:20 AM
I have a few sets of Pacific Force but haven't tried it yet.

alu16L
12-30-2006, 08:32 AM
here you go:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=108352

rasajadad
12-30-2006, 11:38 AM
I have used Pacific Tough Gut four times. Two times the strings snapped while stringing. Let's just say it was a bad batch. The people at Pacific are great! Not only did they replace the string, they sent me some other string to try.

That said, I believe it is best to do what they suggest on Tough Gut and string it a few pounds lower than you are used to. When I strung it at my regular tension, the string felt lifeless. No spin, no control. At 3 pounds looser, it came alive. I love the copper color too!

hughsiss
12-30-2006, 02:53 PM
By the way hughsiss how is the poly force as far as comfort?

it is not the most comfortable poly i have played with but it is still fairly comfortable.

Voltron
12-30-2006, 03:16 PM
I have a hybrid with toughgut in it right now, its ok, but I'm not really a fan of natural gut.

chair ump
12-31-2006, 07:29 AM
I've been playing the Pacific Classic Pro Natural Gut and it is the best gut I've ever played with. Great feel and crispy, and it seems the longer I play with it, the better it feels right up to when it breaks!

Roy
01-08-2007, 01:14 AM
I use Force 17. Slightly harsh but, excellent control and tension maintenance.