PDA

View Full Version : Im starting a stringing business, can some one tell me what strings i should buy?

meathead
12-30-2006, 07:12 AM
Ok, so I just recently got a tennis stringing machine and I need to know what strings I should buy to start my business. Can someone help me? I expect to be stringing for junior tournment players and recreational juniors and adults. Can you also make a recommendation for what gauge string to buy and if it is better to buy the string on a reel or buy packages. Thanks for your help.

TheTennisKid
12-30-2006, 07:22 AM
Reel of Gosen og Sheep, PSGD, Red Code, A multi.
16g for syn gut, 17g for poly.

That should be a great start.

300Gkid
12-30-2006, 08:18 AM
Definitley a reel of some cheap synthetic like Gosen OG micro for most people

others
A reel of Poly of your choice (like Pro Hurricane, Red Code, Luxilion ect.)
A decent Multi
Few packs of nat. gut (buy select if you know certain people who want them)
Another poly (cheaper and softer like Cyberflash, SPPP ect.)

migjam
12-30-2006, 08:36 AM
Most of the time it is more cost effective to buy your string in reels. I buy reels of Gosen Polylon, Gosen OG Sheep, Wilson Stamina, Wilson Sensation.

mhstennis100
12-30-2006, 08:36 AM
Maybe a reel of Prince Tournament Nylon 15 just because it's so cheap and durable. That could be your most basic string for people who don't know what they want and just want something cheap.

theace21
12-30-2006, 10:11 AM
See what is popular in your area.

I would carry Prince Synthetic Gut with Duraflex.
I would also get a reel of Gosen Sheep Micro, Good cheap string.
Wilson Sensation, maybe NXT
A couple of Polys, Luxilon ALU, Signum Poly Plasma, maybe Hurricane if polys are popular in your area.

Good Luck...

TDabone
12-30-2006, 12:30 PM
I started a stringing business a few years back. I make some good extra money. Not to mension, I meet a lot of nice people. You can look on my website to see what I have:

www.SLCstringer.com

Also, submit your racquet stringing company here:

www.MyTennisTournaments.com

Trevor

damasta55
12-30-2006, 02:22 PM
1 reel of luxilon alu power 16lg
1 reel of Topspin Cyberflash 17g
1 reel of Gosen og micro 16g
1 reel of Wilson Sensation 16g
couple sets of natural gut 16g or 15g
couple sets of PSGD 16g/17g

Ljubicic for number1
12-30-2006, 02:43 PM
I would add 1 top end multi like FXP

federer_nadal
12-30-2006, 03:11 PM
I get by in my small town with a reel of Klip Syn gut, a reel of Babolat Attraction Power (nice soft multi) and a reel of Kirschbaum Super Smash (poly)

I will prob get a reel of Signum Pro Poly Plasma and Head Rip Control soon.

Ljubicic for number1
12-30-2006, 04:54 PM
I have a bit of a selection but it seems everybody just wants cyber flash. Thats were my signature comes from, I have never strung cyber for anybody that has changed again, they just love the stuff.

TheTennisKid
12-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Ok, so I just recently got a tennis stringing machine and I need to know what strings I should buy to start my business. Can someone help me? I expect to be stringing for junior tournment players and recreational juniors and adults. Can you also make a recommendation for what gauge string to buy and if it is better to buy the string on a reel or buy packages. Thanks for your help.

Send me an email. Got some info for you.

matthewccheung@hotmail.com

LoveThisGame
12-30-2006, 05:16 PM
What strings are players in your area using now?

What other strings do you regard highly, based on experience? (To differentiate your business and which your selling ability would be a natural.) If you have no good answer to this question, perhaps you should try what seem to be great strings in YOUR racquets for the next few months, and order the favorites YOU find.

Bogie
12-30-2006, 05:36 PM
reels of syn gut w/ duraflex, sensation, kirschbaum will save you a couple bucks instead of red code or luxilon, and several packs of gut should serve you very well

jdub486
12-30-2006, 06:24 PM
I keep a reel of Babolat Ballistic Polymono, a reel of Babolat Super fine play 16, (used for hybrids) and a reel of Head Syn Gut PPS 16 for full syn jobs. I also keep some higher end polys such as pro hurricane tour and alu power, along with a couple sets of gut for better players. I keep a few sets of 17 gauge poly and syn around mainly for female players, those who like 17 g, and those with tight string patterns.