PDA

View Full Version : Virtua Tennis/ Top Spin for PC

JB
03-09-2004, 03:06 PM
I don't have an XBox. Does anyone know if Top Spin is coming out for PC?

Is Virtua Tennis worth buying?

jayserinos99
03-09-2004, 03:08 PM
I had Masters Series Tennis for PC. It was pretty good; I haven't tried Virtua Tennis however.

Russiadude
03-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Virtua Tennis is a very flashy tennis game. Haven't played it for computer but I know that it is mostly based on button mashing instead of strategy or actual shot selection. If you can get a hold of Sega Tennis 2K2 then you would be better off. 2K2, while still not comparing to Topspin is a by far better game with much more emphasis on strategy, its more addictive to a real tennis player anyway.

James Brown
03-11-2004, 12:11 PM
youre nuts...virtua tennis is definetly a strategy game. topspin doesnt have emphasis on strategy, you can just do risk shots and drop shots and just win with those. The only problem with virtua tennis is that you cant ace the computer. Topspin is a nicer looking game and much more detailed...but in the end virtua tennis is better. risk shots = stupidest invention ever.

Robert Jones
03-23-2004, 10:57 AM
I have virtual tennis for the PC. We play it on the network all the time. Its a hoot. Never get tired of it. It has a certain playability that is spot on. Even non tennis people like it. If you have a PC and especially a network at home this is a must game. It never wears out.

Another great sports game on the PC is Tiger Woods 2004. I had played Lynx and never really liked the power bar method of swinging. It was way too easy. Tiger Woods 2004 is just as annoying as real golf. Its hard but super fun to play on a network. We play skins and some holes are so tough that a 10 will win it. We play advanced mode with high wind and rough.

I have heard good things about Top Spin but never played it. If it can match Virtual Tennis in playabilty I will have to see it to beleive it.

Golf fans dump your Lynx game and buy Tiger Woods 2004 its like 10 times better in every way. I thought golf games had topped out I was dead wrong.

Be sure to use the V swing method or it will not be nearly as fun.

panchochile
08-23-2005, 04:35 PM
hey roberto...
can u help me..??

ive got the virtua tennis...and i try to play online with a friend...but we cant do it...both had a player name, we put individuals...and then when we must put the name of the game and we enter to a chat room...we put any name, our IP, but nothing happens....

can u help us?
or how can i contact u for your help...please...

my name is Francisco

ill be hoping your answer...thanx

Jon Terminator
08-23-2005, 04:49 PM
Topspin is for the PC in Europe. I don't think they are putting it out in the U.S. I downloaded it but my graphics card sucks, so I can't play it.

harry2110
07-03-2007, 10:13 AM
top spin 2 is for pc as well as top spin but you have to download it via bittorent

Breakaz54z
07-03-2007, 10:04 PM
is there any way of hitting kick serves in either of these games or even ps2 or better games? and why hasn't anyone mentioned smash court tennis 2? not a bad game. different feel from TS2 and VT3. I like the lack of a bar to measure your serve!

superstition
07-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Sega Tennis 2K2 for Dreamcast (the sequel to Virtua Tennis) was released in Europe or Australia for the PS2. It's a better game than the original—less arcade-oriented, more like actual tennis. But, it's still too arcade-oriented to be considered realistic, with players smashing smashes, and so forth. It's a fun game, though, especially since it has so many secret racquets and even secret players.

Topspin for PC is OK, but Topspin 2 is a bit better. I agree that the risk shots are a bad thing, and the problem with every tennis simulator I've played is that the players are too generic. Topspin 2 also has a radical jump in difficulty level in a very short span. I think the version I have has bugs in that regard. Some of the practice exercises are infuritating, and the coaches are lifeless. The message system is rarely interesting. I do like the special events concept, though. It adds a bit of surprise to the game. Creating a hideously ugly male player is easy and creating a good-looking one is quite tough. The players also tend to default to an "old man" look that's not realistic for pro players. When designing women, there are controls for breast and butt size, which shows a heterosexual male bias in the game (the men by contrast have extremely baggy shorts and no control over sexually interesting dimensions). Women also have the ability to have clearer skin.

quest01
07-04-2007, 03:57 PM
I havent played Virtua Tennis for the PC but i have Virtua Tennis 3 for the xbox 360 and i play this game everyday.

superstition
07-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Virtual Tennis 3? Hmm.. Can you write a mini review?