PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Sony Ericsson Open - Practice Court Question for those that have been

czech09
01-01-2007, 01:21 AM
Alright, I've heard different opinions on this so I want to get it straight. My friend and I want to go to the Sony Ericsson Open this year. The problem is we'd like to go the opening weekend to the practice session and then the final weekend we'd buy the flexipass for $140 (for the last four sessions). However regarding the practice sessions for those that have been before do you need any type of special pass? I've heard many say these areas are public that you don't need anything so I'd like to know which is true. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

czech09
01-04-2007, 04:40 PM
No one?:confused:

dubsplayer
01-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Alright, I've heard different opinions on this so I want to get it straight. My friend and I want to go to the Sony Ericsson Open this year. The problem is we'd like to go the opening weekend to the practice session and then the final weekend we'd buy the flexipass for $140 (for the last four sessions). However regarding the practice sessions for those that have been before do you need any type of special pass? I've heard many say these areas are public that you don't need anything so I'd like to know which is true. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

What do you mean by practice season & opening weekend? There is no opening weekend. The qualies start on Monday, March 19. It is $5 to get in. You just buy your ticket at the gate. All the main draw players are there, too, practicing. It's great. Tuesday, March 20 is the 2nd day of qualies. Just like on Monday it is $5.

The first weekend are 2nd & 3rd rd matches, and you can get cheap seats in the stadium for day&night session for $60. I usually just buy my ticket the day before at the tkt window on site so I can decide if I feel like going and depending on the weather forcast.

I've been going to this tourney since the early 90's so if you have any other questions just post them here.

i am a tennis freak
01-19-2007, 10:02 AM
I am making my first trip to the tourney and cant wait...... Next year Aussie Open.
1?- I am staying in Coconut Grove area and am looking to take shuttle from hotel to event...... Do you know if these shuttles run often/ early- are crowded...I want to get there early every morning.......I do not want to rent a car this trip if i can help it..................Thanks

dubsplayer
01-19-2007, 01:12 PM
My parents have a place in Ft. Lauderdale so I don't do the hotel/shuttle stuff. I believe that at the players hotels, like the Intercontinental, are where the shuttles run from. They do run pretty often from what I understand.