PDA

View Full Version : Stringing ATW on an Alpha Pioneer III?

VGP
01-01-2007, 06:32 AM
I saw diredesire's website on ATW stringing and I realized that I'm not sure if I can follow his instructions on my Alpha Pioneer III.

It's got a fixed clamp glide bar system that only allows them to run parallel to each other. Making the transition from mains to crosses looks like it would be difficult.

If there's a way to do it, could someone explain it to me?

I would appreciate it.

FWIW, I normally string 50/50 2-piece or conventional one-piece.

diredesire
01-01-2007, 01:34 PM
I saw diredesire's website on ATW stringing and I realized that I'm not sure if I can follow his instructions on my Alpha Pioneer III.

It's got a fixed clamp glide bar system that only allows them to run parallel to each other. Making the transition from mains to crosses looks like it would be difficult.

If there's a way to do it, could someone explain it to me?

I would appreciate it.

FWIW, I normally string 50/50 2-piece or conventional one-piece.

It is difficult with a glide bar system. I used to string on a NEOS, and I ran into the same problem. On the NEOS, there are half-glide bars which help in the transition from mains to crosses. On the other hand, if you are crazy enough to have two starting clamps (like myself, i hate to say it) you could pull it off, too.

meh
01-01-2007, 01:40 PM
This is where an extra flying clamp comes in handy.

VGP
01-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks diredesire and meh.

Yeah, I thought about it and starting clamps and/or flying clamps could get me through.

Just to double check, when I do my normal 50/50 two piece stringing, after stringing the mains, stringing the crosses up to the top of the head and finishing toward the throat is ok, right?