PDA

View Full Version : arm friendly at high tension?

gvanzky
01-01-2007, 01:07 PM
what string have you tried that is still soft and have a ball pocketing feel even at a high tension? should be around $10 budget or less.

bruce nissenbaum
01-01-2007, 02:23 PM
what size racquet head? how much above mid point for tension?

For 2 strings for 105-110 si that offer what you ask I would suggest Head Rip Control 17 and Head FXP, both 2# above mid. Technifibre TrC 17 is another that comes to mind.

The Head Rip Control 17 is also good at +2-3# in a 95-98 si, as is the Head FXP Power 17.

The RC is <$10, FXP = $10, FXP Power $11(?), TrC = $10(?).

tlm
01-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Yonex super tour 850 spin.

gvanzky
01-01-2007, 05:39 PM
what size racquet head? how much above mid point for tension?

For 2 strings for 105-110 si that offer what you ask I would suggest Head Rip Control 17 and Head FXP, both 2# above mid. Technifibre TrC 17 is another that comes to mind.

The Head Rip Control 17 is also good at +2-3# in a 95-98 si, as is the Head FXP Power 17.

The RC is <$10, FXP = $10, FXP Power $11(?), TrC = $10(?).

I'm using a pro staff 6.1 classic 95 sq.in. head @ 62-63 lbs and also using a hyper pro staff 6.1 106 sq in @ 63-64 lbs.

bruce nissenbaum
01-01-2007, 09:02 PM
I also play the PSC 6.1 95. So, FWIW, though my primary string is Laserfibre Supreme 17 at 60/62 (which I thoroughly enjoy playing) I keep a 2nd stick strung with Head Rip Control 17 also at 60/62 and I have strung as high as 64# in the Arizona heat. The RC will lose tension the first few play times after stringing then 'lock in' and play very well for an extended period of time. It is a nice soft string with a very reliable response, and I feel the textured surface makes the string very 'spin friendly.' I get a lot of control and a nice touch with the RC. I have also been experimenting with Head FXP Power and that, too, has a nice soft feel; it plays a little livelier than the RC but still with reliable control. I have tried it up to 62# and expect to keep a 3rd stick with this for awhile. I have experienced no arm, elbow, shoulder, wrist problems with these set-ups.

As I noted earlier, Rip Control 17 at +2 also plays very nicely in a 107, both are Prince double bridge sticks (pre-triple threat tech). I have strung that up to +4, but it seems to feel best at +2. A +2/+4 combo might work. I have been experimenting with 'regular' FXP at mid/+2 and like the comfort and controlled liveliness of this string in the OS that I didn't experience in the PSC (felt too stiff and unresponsive). The FXP Power was a little too lively in the OS, so I think it's better suited to the 95, though maybe at +4 it would work well in the OS.

Hope this is helpful to you in some way.

Should also ask what string you're using; maybe can provide comparison if I've tried it at some time.

JW10S
01-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Try HEAD Protector strings...

BaseLineBash
01-02-2007, 08:22 AM
what string have you tried that is still soft and have a ball pocketing feel even at a high tension? should be around $10 budget or less.

There are other variables of concern, but the main one is what is the stiffness rating on your racquet? Then go from there...

downey stringing master
01-03-2007, 02:28 PM
i reccommend sigum pro poly plasma 17 .... very got arm friendly fell good control n feel n duralbility and around 10$

Kevo
01-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Head Fibergel Power, Klip Zyex, Sensation, Powergy

power_play21
01-05-2007, 07:21 PM
look at my sig. pretty high tension with that enduro / nxt set-up, and it is soft and the most controllable set up i have found for myself.

today i practiced with a 35 year old who used to play davis cup and all those apples and i started out playing with the PHT/Kirschbaun lower tension set-up, and it was pretty hard to control the ball, keep it in, and it just feels stiff and non arm friendly. it felt raelly stiff and i think the ball was leaving the racquet too quick.

and its pretty hot out here in florida now, so i switched to the freshly strung enduro/nxt setup and its glarring the softness diference, the added control, the friendliness fo that setup even at those high tensions. i really recommend those two at higher tensions.

disclaimer: (and i feel i should do one for evey post ppl here like to argue so much) keep in mind this is speaking from my personal experience with rds racquets, so results may vary

s.sharm01
01-05-2007, 08:57 PM
i reccommend sigum pro poly plasma 17 .... very got arm friendly fell good control n feel n duralbility and around 10$

i don't know if u want that at super high tensions actually might kill ur arm. Unless u mean super high tension with the 10% reduction.

downey stringing master
01-06-2007, 05:21 AM
i don't know if u want that at super high tensions actually might kill ur arm. Unless u mean super high tension with the 10% reduction.

yes i do mean that spose ill hav to clarify that so 64 div 10 6.4 so 58 is well high considdering tension never loses

mambochino
06-09-2008, 12:06 PM

i agree. i have developed a bad case of tennis elbow last Nov. so I did 2 things. First, I switched racket: from a Hammer 6.3 to Ncode nTour 95. Second, I tried several strings and my elbow seems to like SPPP the most. I am still experimenting different strings and rackets right now. I am going to try a stiff racket like the Wilson Hyper Prostaff Tour 95. I like the stiffness, but will haev to see if my elbow likes it.

goosala
06-11-2008, 10:31 PM
If you can believe this I would say Forten Nylon 16. You can string it up as tight as you want and still get awesome feel. My arm does not hurt after hitting with it. A reel of 660 feet will only set you back $17. Cheah!

vndesu
06-11-2008, 10:51 PM
gosen microsheep
or psgd.
iono if psgd is harsh but i like it for a w/e string haha

scotus
06-11-2008, 11:19 PM
Should try babolat vs gut.