PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii Big Island tennis camp/resort?

chloeToh
01-01-2007, 04:30 PM
I am planning to stop over in Hawaii for a few days in Feb and am looking for recommendations on tennis camp/clinic/resort and other activities. I am willing to spend $$ on tennis or other activities but not so much on lodging, since I won't be spending too much time there.

Thanks in advance!

West Coast Ace
01-04-2007, 03:33 PM
search on 'waikiki' and 'diamond head' - already discussed.

TenS_Ace
01-04-2007, 07:31 PM
search on 'waikiki' and 'diamond head' - already discussed.
WOW when did they move waikiki and diamond head over to the BIG ISLAND??? someone should phone CNN and find out how they pulled that off?? LOL

Fee
01-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Waikoloa, where they have the Challenger tournament in January. www.kohalatennis.com (http://www.kohalatennis.com).

noobplayer
01-04-2007, 08:08 PM
hilton waikoloa is not cheap...just go to one of those cheap small hotels/motels (ramada, holiday inn), not sure how u find them though, any1 can find a site?

Colpo
01-05-2007, 11:08 AM
We love - I mean really love - the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel. It's located on the beautiful Kona coast (NW portion) of Hawaii island. There's a beautiful crescent shaped beach, the architecture is classic, post-war Skidmore modern, and the tennis facilities are top notch. All hard courts, though. A few of the courts are immediately adjacent to the Pacific! Just a beautiful place. That's living, man...

LuckyR
01-08-2007, 11:56 AM
If you are staying in Kona (as opposed to Kohala- the golf capitol), Gambills offers top notch instruction but is very steep, ($150/hour). No other amenities like a typical "camp". Mostly for aspiring Juniors...

chloeToh
01-08-2007, 12:17 PM
for the inputs. My friend changed the plan on me, so I will use the information for another time.

Thanks again!