PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Bay Resort or...

TenS_Ace
01-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Hey,headin' to Oahu(end of Jan-first week Feb) and would like to stay at Turtle Bay Resort because it's the North Shore and for the tennis...Just wondering if anyone has done any tennis there recently???...I check at TennisResorts dot com...and there were only 2 reviews..the latest being September of this year...and those people slammed the place...cracked courts,torn nets and NO NETS on a couple courts?? Now this seems odd to me that a resort of this stature would have deterioated court facilities...I'm looking for some help with this and any other helpful advice on getting some game while there...fairly solid 4.0-4.5 player uhhhhhh when the "head" is right!! LOL

TennisMD
04-05-2007, 07:10 AM
I stayed there in March 04 and they put alot of effort into newly renovating the whole complex. I found the Tennis set up very nice good pro, clinics, ball machine and the pro arranged several matches for me 4.0 player. This is a top notch resort and I would find it hard to believe they would let it deteriorate. Also, at that time ,natives traveled to the afternoon 4.0 4.5 clinic which was alot of fun.

TenS_Ace
04-06-2007, 10:24 PM
I stayed there in March 04 and they put alot of effort into newly renovating the whole complex. I found the Tennis set up very nice good pro, clinics, ball machine and the pro arranged several matches for me 4.0 player. This is a top notch resort and I would find it hard to believe they would let it deteriorate. Also, at that time ,natives traveled to the afternoon 4.0 4.5 clinic which was alot of fun.
I did post a review at tennis resorts.com..I did go there in Jan and it was just as you say!..it was great...:)

bookem
05-12-2007, 05:43 AM
"Natives"?????

Not nice.

BTW, Turtle Bay used to be a PBI facility when it was part of the Hilton group so I doubt it's deteriorated much.

Natives indeed. Shame.

choth21
04-02-2008, 10:55 AM
I was there in December '07. The facilities are fine and the courts are in great shape. However, the one bad thing is that there is literally just one guy running the whole thing. It's totally a one-man show. He's a very nice guy and a great teacher, but if you're looking for an extensive tennis program, this might not be the best place.

But if you're just looking to go somewhere with a bunch of courts in a paradisiac setting, and you have your own partners, Turtle Bay is great. The tennis director also knows a bunch of local residents who are always up for playing.

As an aside, I met a lot of really good local players in Hawaii. I was pretty surprised how many good players I met.