PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to MRT Rich Lucas for His Overall Alpha Equinox Photo Contributions

varuscelli
01-02-2007, 11:34 AM
I am making this post to thank Rich Lucas, MRT, for his overall contributions of his Alpha Equinox photos to the Stringing Machine Photo Library.

Rich sent me three sets of photos in all. The first was of his machine alone, but the second two (also featured on the page as linked, below) were sets of "process" photos showing a couple of different racquets during the stringing process.

http://www.photostringer.com/alpha.htm

There are three photos at the top of that page, each with Rich's name underneath and each leading to a set of images.

Rich originally sent me around 70 high resolution photos, and I further divided those into something like 100 photos in all, with many cropped or subdivided to emphasize smaller components of the machine.

In trying to look objectively at the overall set of images that Rich sent in, I have to say that this is the closest to ideal set of images I've seen sent to date. Not only are there good photos of his machine, but also good shots of the stringing process, tools being used, a person actually at the machine for some shots (that help give the machine a "human" perspective), etc.

If I had to point any prospective contributor to the site for a best "example" set of images, this would be the one.

I would especially encourage novice to intermediate stringers to look at his racquet stringing images for their illustrative value.

Of course, I don't expect everyone to have either the time or inclination to send in so many shots (;) ), but the extra time and care that Rich spent in sending these images in is really appreciated. Thus, I wanted to acknowledge that here.

Al Ruscelli

jonolau
01-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Agreed. Those were very well taken photos. Kudos to Rich for taking the extra effort.

Hmm, I'm just wondering, does Rich Lucas go by the TW screen name of Richie Rich? ;)

Richie Rich
01-09-2007, 02:58 AM
Agreed. Those were very well taken photos. Kudos to Rich for taking the extra effort.

Hmm, I'm just wondering, does Rich Lucas go by the TW screen name of Richie Rich? ;)

Nope, not me. I'm not even close to being an MRT. But thanks for the props though :mrgreen:

varuscelli
01-10-2007, 07:25 AM

Hi, Jon...

I don't think that Rich participates much in the forums these days. That's sort of the impression I got, in any case, but I didn't really ask. I'm not even sure what forum name he would have gone by.

Al