PDA

View Full Version : Consolation Draw

Dennis Chan
01-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Hi all,

If a tournament provides a consolation draw to initial rounds losers, will a player get ranking points by playing and winning the consolation rounds? Likewise will one lose any points if he does not play in those (consolation) matches?

Thanks in advance.

servelefty2233
01-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Yes, you will get points, but not many, and you WILL NOT lost points by not playing, but you could possibly get suspension points for not playing in consolation.

looseswing
01-03-2007, 04:09 PM
I think that you don't get consilation in L7 and L8, but I'm not sure.

NbladeTopspin
01-03-2007, 05:23 PM
I think that you don't get consilation in L7 and L8, but I'm not sure.

i think u do

when i played in my last consolation matches i won the consolation tournament if u want to call it that, but anyway instead of 20 points i got for winning in the main draw, i would get 10 points for winning a match in consolation

looseswing
01-03-2007, 08:09 PM
i think u do

when i played in my last consolation matches i won the consolation tournament if u want to call it that, but anyway instead of 20 points i got for winning in the main draw, i would get 10 points for winning a match in consolation

what level tournament was it? I know that when I played L4-L6 they have a full consolation tournament, they sometimes have it in L7, and usually just one match in L8.

EasternRocks
08-02-2007, 10:05 AM
sure u get pts, its a greal deal of an amount too...
gives another chance for the losers in the main draw