PDA

View Full Version : Be VERY careful with Ton Nguyen....

johnathan smith
01-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Ton agreed to buy my frames over 10 days ago and asked me to hold them for him. I obliged and told all other interested parties that the frames were not for sale.
Ton told me the check was in the mail a week ago, and then just emailed to say, that he had decided not to get them because he found a better deal.
I didn't appreciate it and I think you guys should be careful when dealing with him.
Seems like a decent guy, just very irresponsible.

jenhi1970
01-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Ton told me the check was in the mail a week ago, and then just emailed to say, that he had decided not to get them because he found a better deal.

YOU WERE RIGHT SAYING I WAS BACKING OUT OF THE DEAL. YOU WERE LYING SAYING THE DEAL WAS 10 DAYS AGO. IT WAS ONLY 3 DAYS WHICH INCLUDED THE NEW YEAR AND TODAY POST OFFICES WERE CLOSED DUE TO PRESIDENT FORD PASSED AWAY. ALSO, I HAVE NEVER TOLD YOU THE CHECK WAS IN THE MAIL. I ONLY ASKED YOU IF IT'S OK TO SEND YOU A PERSONAL CHECK. YOU ****ED OFF, I UNDERSTAND BUT YOU DIDN'T NEED TO LIE.

johnathan smith
01-03-2007, 11:08 AM
YOU WERE RIGHT SAYING I WAS BACKING OUT OF THE DEAL. YOU WERE LYING SAYING THE DEAL WAS 10 DAYS AGO. IT WAS ONLY 3 DAYS WHICH INCLUDED THE NEW YEAR AND TODAY POST OFFICES WERE CLOSED DUE TO PRESIDENT FORD PASSED AWAY. ALSO, I HAVE NEVER TOLD YOU THE CHECK WAS IN THE MAIL. I ONLY ASKED YOU IF IT'S OK TO SEND YOU A PERSONAL CHECK. YOU ****ED OFF, I UNDERSTAND BUT YOU DIDN'T NEED TO LIE.

Are you kidding...
I belive my reputation on here is just a little bit better than yours.
again BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH THIS GUY/GIRL.
Maybe you don't understand english that well, but when you tell someone to PLEASE HOLD THE RACQUETS FOR YOU and that you are sending the check, you should follow through.
I turned a few SERIOUS buyers away. The quality of people in the classifieds has really gone to hell in the past 2 years.

johnathan smith
01-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Are you kidding...
Maybe you don't understand english that well, but when you tell someone to PLEASE HOLD THE RACQUETS FOR YOU and that you are sending the check, you should follow through.
I turned a few SERIOUS buyers away. The quality of people in the classifieds has really gone to hell in the past 2 years.

Also I have an email from you agreeing to buy the racquets from the 27th.
That wasn't our first email either, I deleted the previous ones.

musicc
01-03-2007, 11:34 AM
what's the problem? you still have your merchandise and he still have his money. Move on. You sell it to another person and he can buy it from another person. You still have those people that want to buy it and he can find someone else to do business with. End of story. Move on.

vkartikv
01-03-2007, 11:38 AM
If someone can't keep their word, it is tantamount to cheating, whether the deal was completed or not. I am with johnathan smith on this one, there are one too many people who say yes and later back out when they find greener pastures, by which time you have already turned down several offers....

The purpose of the reference section is to talk about your experience with another tw member, so posts like these serve as a warning to others to be careful while dealing with such members, the warning is much appreciated.

TokyopunK
01-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Just some added info.

I sold some i.Prestiges to Tony, aka jenhi1970, and the deal went smoothly.
I was paid by Paypal though so I can't relate to your check issue.

SocalTennis
01-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Are you kidding...

Have you ever bought something at a store and went back to return it later? I'm pretty sure we all have. Although he asked you to hold the racquets, he's not obligated to buy them if he decided that he want something else. You assume the risks when holding a racquet for someone without payment. I usually do it on the "first come first serve basis" or maybe let the buyer know that I'll hold it for three days only.

It's not fair to give a negative reference when you still have your racquets and it's not cool to throw some "racist" comments like "Maybe you don't understand English that well", that is not necessary.

johnathan smith
01-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Please pardon me Socal tennis, I didn;t know that you authored the official guidelines for TW transactions. Again, I'll let my record speak for itself. I've been doing deals here on tw since 1999, and have never posted about someone going back on a deal untill now. This is happening just about everytime a try to sale frames on TW. This was the most egregious case I have come across, but it is rampent around here. I miss the good ol' days when someone's word meant something.
I have no problem at all with this guy changing his mind, but he should have told me immediatly. Also, it's just my opnion that when you ask someone to hold the frames for you and take them off the market, than you are bound to buy the frames. That's just the standard that I do business by, maybe I shouldn't hold everyone to those high standards?
Again, be careful when dealing with this guy.
Also, did you say "racist", Oh so your "that guy". I can't dialogue with you anymore....your just looking for that sort of thing and you won't get it from me. There was NOTHING racist about my english comment.

Joeyg
01-04-2007, 01:29 PM
I agree with Johnathan. If someone tells you to hold the rackets, that is a done deal! I have done many deals on these and the old boards and it is now evident that the standards for dealing with others may have changed. His comment about not understanding English well was perhaps offered as an explanation for the buyers problems. I do not see it as racist.

Richie Rich
01-04-2007, 01:57 PM
I operate on a first come first serve basis these days. first one to pay gets the racquet. no holding frames. this may upset some people but i've had too many deals fall through when people took too long to change their mind and other potential buyers went elsewhere.

jenhi1970
01-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Maybe you don't understand english that well.....

YES, YOU ARE RIGHT. MAYBE MY ENGLISH ISN'T THAT GOOD SO THAT'S WHY WHEN I TOLD YOU I FOUND A DEAL HALF CHEAPER THAN YOUR DEAL TO **** YOU OFF. ONCE AGAIN, I AM SORRY.

ALSO, IF I DIDN'T FOLOW THROUGH WITH THE DEAL, JUST SAID I WAS BACKING OUT THEN PEOPLE HERE WILL UNDERSTAND ENOUGH WHAT KIND OF A GUY I AM. YOUR SOO...GOOOOD....ENGLISH MADE ME LOOKED LIKE A CRIMINAL HERE ON TW BOARD. I THINK WE SHOULD BE DONE HERE. YOU STILL HAVE YOUR RACQUETS AND SELL TO SOMEONE'S ELSE. I WASN'T STEALING YOUR PROPERTY. THANKS.

alfa164164
01-04-2007, 05:55 PM
It's unfortunate that sellers these days basically have to go to a first person to deposit in the bank position (paypal is great for this reason).
Why would a seller "hold" on to a stick if someone hasn't commited to buying it.
The selling window, timing of e-mails and responses, and the general issue of matching of supply and demand is so tricky, that sellers can't afford to turn away interested parties.
Lesson learned here is that "holding" isn't a good practice - no good deed goes unpunished.
Lastly, I can vouch for Jonathan Smith.

RacquetDoctor
01-04-2007, 06:14 PM
My thought on this is the deal isn't done till payment is received. Payments by check really aren't the best way to go.
I've dealt with a number of folks here buying items and selling them. Paypal to me, is the way to go. period. If they want the item, they will pay, if not, you, as the seller have the opportunity to go to the next buyer who may be more serious in their interest.

As a side note, Tony just bought a couple of sticks from me and they are on the way to him as agreed. The deal went fast and smooth...Just the way agreements should. I would deal with him again, any day.

Mark

eunjam
01-04-2007, 06:38 PM
The quality of people in the classifieds has really gone to hell in the past 2 years.

what do you mean by 'the quality' of people?

was it a louis vuitton 2 years ago, and now it's bourke and doonebury?

was it a bentley 2 years ago, and now it's hyundai?

obviously you are ****ed of about this dude that made you hold rackets instead of selling them right away, but it's pretty harsh to prejudge EVERYONE in the classifieds here at TW because of your bad deal.

Steve Huff
01-04-2007, 06:51 PM
I agree with Jonathon. I never liked it when someone would asked me to hold a racket. I rarely will any more. I think a lot of guys get you to "hold" a racket while they shop around, using your price to negotiate a better deal elsewhere. If they find it, they ignor the deal they had with you. If they can't, then they go ahead and buy. They wouldn't have liked it if I said I'd hold the racket, then when someone else wanted it, I said, "well, I'm holding it for so-and-so", then decide to sell it when he offers me $10 more. In the US, when someone says he'll buy it, he's legally committed to it. It's just never enforced because it's more trouble to try to take someone to court than it is to let it pass.

johnathan smith
01-04-2007, 06:59 PM
what do you mean by 'the quality' of people?

was it a louis vuitton 2 years ago, and now it's bourke and doonebury?

was it a bentley 2 years ago, and now it's hyundai?

obviously you are ****ed of about this dude that made you hold rackets instead of selling them right away, but it's pretty harsh to prejudge EVERYONE in the classifieds here at TW because of your bad deal.

I REALLY mean it... There is a ton of this kind of stuff going on in the TW community these days. 3-4 years ago, this was a rarity, now it's the norm (for me at least).
Of course, I don't mean that everyone on the boards is of low quality, everyone on here knows me and knows better than that. I've just had enough of it, and am going to start calling these flakes out whenever it happens. Maybe I can save someone the time that I wasted.

jenhi1970
01-04-2007, 07:03 PM
In the US, when someone says he'll buy it, he's legally committed to it. It's just never enforced because it's more trouble to try to take someone to court than it is to let it pass.

Please make sure in the future if you are going shopping and if you like to buy something for your wife or for yourself, you don't tell sellers to hold those for you......cause otherwise you have to buy them even though your wife doesn't like them or you change your mind.......or those sellers might take you to COURT AS YOU SAID.

diehard6.0
01-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Are you kidding...

Basically, I'm on the side of johnathan smith regarding this dispute. If someone asked to hold a racquet, it implicates that he is willing to fulfill the 'promise' to purchase it.

Being said that, it is not a problem of language, and it is not proper to blame language ability based upon judgment from name. Native English speakers with greatest linguistic talent can do the same thing due to some other personal reasons. (johnathan smith committed several spelling and grammatical errors writing this thread.:p)

federer_nadal
01-04-2007, 08:07 PM
The guy said he found a deal that was half the price of yours i would pull out of a deal if i found an offer like this. Money doesnt grow on trees.

tennisguy11
01-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Jonathon, it is very wrong of you to make a post like this on the board. You are exaggerating what the guy did in the title, like he stole your money or something. It is simple, the racquets are still for sale until you have confirmed tracking number of a check coming in the mail, or you have a paypal receipt. If you had other buyers that would pay first, you sell the racquet to the first person who pays and let the other guys know the racquet is now sold. I agree that what Tom did was wrong and should not happen, but a sale is never complete until the money is in your hands... I have asked to reserve thins at a store many times, but hey I find a better deal somewhere else, I am going somewhere else.

fishuuuuu
01-04-2007, 08:25 PM
I agree with Johnathan. If someone tells you to hold the rackets, that is a done deal! I have done many deals on these and the old boards and it is now evident that the standards for dealing with others may have changed. His comment about not understanding English well was perhaps offered as an explanation for the buyers problems. I do not see it as racist.

I agree with JS as well. This should be the way all deals are committed on TW.

I operate on a first come first serve basis these days. first one to pay gets the racquet. no holding frames. this may upset some people but i've had too many deals fall through when people took too long to change their mind and other potential buyers went elsewhere.

However, because of the rampant morons (also the reason I started buying new instead), RR's idealogy is the only way to sell your racquets and get out alive.

fishuuuuu
01-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Jonathon, it is very wrong of you to make a post like this on the board. You are exaggerating what the guy did in the title, like he stole your money or something. It is simple, the racquets are still for sale until you have confirmed tracking number of a check coming in the mail, or you have a paypal receipt. If you had other buyers that would pay first, you sell the racquet to the first person who pays and let the other guys know the racquet is now sold. I agree that what Tom did was wrong and should not happen, but a sale is never complete until the money is in your hands... I have asked to reserve thins at a store many times, but hey I find a better deal somewhere else, I am going somewhere else.

I think his post is warranted.

skraggle
01-04-2007, 09:53 PM

Couldn't agree more. This has been my philosophy for quite a while now...

SocalTennis
01-04-2007, 10:07 PM
In all fairness, hypothetically speaking, if JS found an offer that willing to buy his racquet for more than what Ton had agreed to, he would probably sell it. So why not the other way around?

Just like Richie Rich, I also operated on the first come first serve basis.

vkartikv
01-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Before we all start making comments, buyers should understand this:
If you tell someone 'its sold' or 'I'll take it' or something along those lines, it means you have agreed to buy it. Take some time to think about whether or not you want to do a deal before you blindly commit to buying just so you become the first one on the waiting list. And once you've agreed to buy, please don't ask for a price reduction - this is not a flea market.

Swissv2
01-04-2007, 10:16 PM
well we can all learn a valuable lesson here.
The first person that we get the money from gets the goods!

vkartikv
01-04-2007, 10:19 PM
well we can all learn a valuable lesson here.
The first person that we get the money from gets the goods!

No. Atleast not for me. I have a select group of people on this board I have dealt with who get precedence over people I have not dealt with, should they be the first ones to express interest. More than a matter of sticking together, it's a matter of knowing whom to trust.

SteveI
01-05-2007, 08:11 AM
I REALLY mean it... There is a ton of this kind of stuff going on in the TW community these days. 3-4 years ago, this was a rarity, now it's the norm (for me at least).
Of course, I don't mean that everyone on the boards is of low quality, everyone on here knows me and knows better than that. I've just had enough of it, and am going to start calling these flakes out whenever it happens. Maybe I can save someone the time that I wasted.

JS,

There seems to be that trend these days.. and yes.. sorry to say it was not the case a few years ago. I am sure Johnathan (BTW.. I can vouch for him also) is a man of honor and was holding frames out of a sense of that honor. Not only did the "buyer" waste his time.. but may have lost him a sale.. as "timing" does come into play in some of these deals. Keep calling these guys out. Time is money BTW where I come from. We need to know who we are dealing with.. ask anyone that has been "Taken".

Regards,
Steve

jenhi1970
01-05-2007, 08:24 AM
I Know What I Did To Jonathan Was Wrong. I Have Been Saying Sorry For Many, Many Times. This Is My Experience To Learn Not To Do This Again. For Those Of You Who Were Judging Me.....let Me Ask You This......

When You Go Out There And Want To Buy Stuffs, You Found A Deal, Then You Suddenly Found Such A Great Deal With Same Items And You Could Save Almost Half What You Planned To Pay For......please Ask Your Inner Selves What Would You Do? Please Don't Be Fake Heroes Since This Wasn't Happenned To Be Your Cases. Just Give Yourselves The Real Answers If You Were Me.......

mark rodgers
01-05-2007, 08:30 AM
I think the "smoking gun" in this case is that the buyer supposedly said that the check was in the mail. That, to me, is the point at which the racquet is sold. In the absense of that, it is Jonathan's fault for agreeing to hold the racquet. I think anyone would realize that without a commitment (ie: check in the mail) there is a possibility the buyer could back out. I would never hold a racquet for anyone unless I had multiple racquets of the same one to sell. Even then, if I was down to the last one and someone came along and had the money to pay me, I would take it and email my sincerest apologies to the other person siting that they took too long to decide.

jenhi1970
01-05-2007, 08:43 AM
ALSO, I HAVE NEVER TOLD YOU THE CHECK WAS IN THE MAIL. I ONLY ASKED YOU IF IT'S OK TO SEND YOU A PERSONAL CHECK.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, I NEVER SAID "CHECK WAS IN THE MAIL." THANK YOU.

Richie Rich
01-05-2007, 09:01 AM
I Know What I Did To Jonathan Was Wrong. I Have Been Saying Sorry For Many, Many Times. This Is My Experience To Learn Not To Do This Again. For Those Of You Who Were Judging Me.....let Me Ask You This......

When You Go Out There And Want To Buy Stuffs, You Found A Deal, Then You Suddenly Found Such A Great Deal With Same Items And You Could Save Almost Half What You Planned To Pay For......please Ask Your Inner Selves What Would You Do? Please Don't Be Fake Heroes Since This Wasn't Happenned To Be Your Cases. Just Give Yourselves The Real Answers If You Were Me.......

honestly, i would have bought the cheaper frame too. but i don't expect people to hold frames for me either. if i say "let me think about it" or "let me look for cheaper" then it's fair for sellers to sell to someone else first.

it's just a communication thing. i think we just need to be clear with each other when buying or selling. i know i'm not always but i do try.

H. Ju
01-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Agree with Richie Rich, I won't ask the seller to hold and don't want my buyer to ask me to hold. That is a very selfish move, what you want to hold the item so that you can find a better deal?

Lindros13
01-05-2007, 09:41 AM

I like this guy's method. People could pay by credit card or PayPal if they want to instantaneously lock in the deal. If they can only pay by check, then they run the risk that someone else may get their money to the seller first, whereby their check would be returned immediately. Now keep in mind that I've only bought limited amounts of items on "that auction site", and never from ads on this site, so I don't know the typical rules/etiquette - I just think this guy's suggestion sounds good.

mark rodgers
01-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Jenhi1970, I did read carefully. I was covering both possibilities. Actually I was taking your side since Jonathan claimed you sent him a check but in actuality you hadn't. Also may I suggest that if you can, get a Paypal account. It's best for everyone concerned.

For the rest of us, let's note that Jenhi1970 is a very new member and let's let him off the hook this time. I don't think he'll be asking anyone to hold a racquet in the future. We are all brothers and sisters in tennis on this site and we should all be honorable in our dealings. Happy New Year Everyone!

jenhi1970
01-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Also may I suggest that if you can, get a Paypal account. It's best for everyone concerned.

I have a Paypal account Mark. I actually asked Jonathan if he accepted Paypal at first, but Jonhathan refused to do Paypal since he had bad experiences with those Paypal transactions. Talking about Paypal, I had great transactions for those guys such as Dennis Chan, Thay Chua, Tokyo Punk, Racquet Doctor, Dark Crusader......etc......This is the first time I was backing out the deal with Jonathan to pay by check. Once again, I deeply apologize Jonathan.

vkartikv
01-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Jenhi1970, I did read carefully. I was covering both possibilities. Actually I was taking your side since Jonathan claimed you sent him a check but in actuality you hadn't. Also may I suggest that if you can, get a Paypal account. It's best for everyone concerned.

For the rest of us, let's note that Jenhi1970 is a very new member and let's let him off the hook this time. I don't think he'll be asking anyone to hold a racquet in the future. We are all brothers and sisters in tennis on this site and we should all be honorable in our dealings. Happy New Year Everyone!

I'm sorry, I can't consider them all sisters. Some are potential dates..:grin:

mark rodgers
01-05-2007, 10:01 AM
vkartikv,

Point taken.. Good Luck, brother.

johnathan smith
01-05-2007, 03:50 PM
JS,

There seems to be that trend these days.. and yes.. sorry to say it was not the case a few years ago. I am sure Johnathan (BTW.. I can vouch for him also) is a man of honor and was holding frames out of a sense of that honor. Not only did the "buyer" waste his time.. but may have lost him a sale.. as "timing" does come into play in some of these deals. Keep calling these guys out. Time is money BTW where I come from. We need to know who we are dealing with.. ask anyone that has been "Taken".

Regards,
Steve

Hey Steve, Good to hear from you and I hope you are doing well and having a Happy New Year.
I have NEVER used paypal on TW. I always send and receive money orders for all of my deals. I remember the GREAT GLUPOTO OF 2001. All of us TW veterans remember him and how paypal didn;t refund everyone's money. That kind of did it with me on paypal. I asked TON to send a Money order to me, but he asked if he could send me a check and I obliged. It did kill my sale, but it's not a huge deal. It was just the "flake that broke the camel's back" so I decided to call him out on it.
I intend on doing it again to the next person who strings me along (new policy)
I try to only deal with the regulars around here, but always try to give a new guy a shot (probably won't do it again). As far as I am concerned the ordeal is over.

TokyopunK
01-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey Steve, Good to hear from you and I hope you are doing well and having a Happy New Year.
I have NEVER used paypal on TW. I always send and receive money orders for all of my deals. I remember the GREAT GLUPOTO OF 2001. All of us TW veterans remember him and how paypal didn;t refund everyone's money. That kind of did it with me on paypal. I asked TON to send a Money order to me, but he asked if he could send me a check and I obliged. It did kill my sale, but it's not a huge deal. It was just the "flake that broke the camel's back" so I decided to call him out on it.
I try to only deal with the regulars around here, but always try to give a new guy a shot (probably won't do it again). As far as I am concerned the ordeal is over.

After all of this arguing and you still don't know his name.

It's Tony, lol not Ton.

OrangeOne
01-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Here's an idea:

Whenever a deal is done, the seller gets the buyer to make a post saying "I commit to buying this item".

Full-stop, end of story. It's on the public record, it's out there, and if it's ever edited, one can assume that the buyer has immediately lost all reputation on the boards. I often see the seller posting a "this item is sold" post, but in reality, if the buyer says it, debates such as this one should never happen again.

If you wanted to get really specific, the seller could then quote the buyer and note that this was said. I know the seller could modify the buyer's post in the quote, but in reality, the buyer would immediately complain, dishonesty would be immediately noticeable, and in reality, why on earth would they! ;).

(Oh - and for the record on this thread, a deal done is a deal done. If I realise I could have done better, I kick myself and tell myself to do better research or better bargaining next time around).

skraggle
01-06-2007, 02:18 AM
Here's an idea:

Whenever a deal is done, the seller gets the buyer to make a post saying "I commit to buying this item".

Full-stop, end of story. It's on the public record, it's out there, and if it's ever edited, one can assume that the buyer has immediately lost all reputation on the boards. I often see the seller posting a "this item is sold" post, but in reality, if the buyer says it, debates such as this one should never happen again.

If you wanted to get really specific, the seller could then quote the buyer and note that this was said. I know the seller could modify the buyer's post in the quote, but in reality, the buyer would immediately complain, dishonesty would be immediately noticeable, and in reality, why on earth would they! ;).

(Oh - and for the record on this thread, a deal done is a deal done. If I realise I could have done better, I kick myself and tell myself to do better research or better bargaining next time around).

That is a good plan, but I would still contend that receiving a Paypal payment is a simpler way to confirm that a deal has gone down. No MO/check payment to get "lost" in the mail, no ambiguity, and I've never had a problem with Paypal.

eunjam
01-06-2007, 06:04 AM
....... and I've never had a problem with Paypal.

you are one of the lucky....I would say half. definitely not even the majority.

when things go well, like you say, no probs.

when things don't go well, it is an absolute disastrous/pull your hair out/open a cut and immerse it in lemon juice and rub it in salt afterwards/get some pliers and pull your fingernails out type situations. <-- understatement

i'm sure anyone here that has had one bad situation with Paypal can attest.

Richie Rich
01-06-2007, 07:35 AM
you are one of the lucky....I would say half. definitely not even the majority.

when things go well, like you say, no probs.

when things don't go well, it is an absolute disastrous/pull your hair out/open a cut and immerse it in lemon juice and rub it in salt afterwards/get some pliers and pull your fingernails out type situations. <-- understatement

i'm sure anyone here that has had one bad situation with Paypal can attest.

i absolutely hate dealing with paypal if there is a problem. they don't seem to protect anyone but themselves. every time i buy or sell something i pray nothing goes wrong because if it does i will most likely lose my money.

johnathan smith
01-06-2007, 01:13 PM
After all of this arguing and you still don't know his name.

It's Tony, lol not Ton.

The guy signed Ton in his emails to me. Therefor, I refer to him as Ton. If he doesn;t know his own name than that is not my problem.
I would not suggest using paypal EVER. 99 deals might be seamless, but when 1 deal goes wrong, you won't get your money back.

Azzurri
01-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Socal quoted:
It's not fair to give a negative reference when you still have your racquets and it's not cool to throw some "racist" comments like "Maybe you don't understand English that well", that is not necessary.[/QUOTE]

How is that comment racist? It has to do more with understanding conversations that these two had. Obviously the guy that backed out of the deal did not understand what was said in the e-mails.;)

Azzurri
01-07-2007, 04:07 PM
i absolutely hate dealing with paypal if there is a problem. they don't seem to protect anyone but themselves. every time i buy or sell something i pray nothing goes wrong because if it does i will most likely lose my money.

Paypal offers no protection unless you bought the item on the big auction site. PPal is owned by the big auction site.

johnathan smith
01-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Paypal offers no protection unless you bought the item on the big auction site. PPal is owned by the big auction site.

BINGO, WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

johnkidd
01-07-2007, 07:29 PM

I'm leary of Pay Pal as well. I had a transaction go bad on the auction site and I was afraid my account had been compromised and had to close out the linked accounts. Pay Pal was no help. I know they have since been purchased but I'm still leary to go back.
As for this transaction, I try to keep those who have e-mailed me in the loop in case someone backs out on a deal.