PDA

View Full Version : missed string

countrydawg
01-02-2007, 04:12 PM
how will a string bed be affected if one of the main strings was missed when weaving the crosses. for exampl instead of over under over. one of the crosses is over over over on just 3 mains everything else is fine.

JW10S
01-02-2007, 04:19 PM
'on just 3 mains'...LOL. First, get a new stringer. Second, the racquet will be adversely affected because the tension will be lower and the strings will move more. Do it over...

BigServer1
01-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Did you do it yourself? If so, do it over. If you paid money it (I'm really hoping you didn't), then take it back, have them redo it, and like JW10S said, never go there again.

VGP
01-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Misweaves do happen, but I agree with the others that if you paid (especially from a USRSA certified stringinger) they should give you a new string job free of charge.

If you did it yourself and don't want to redo it, it shouldn't affect playability if the misweave is away from the center of the stringbed.

If it were me and I did a misweave, I'd probably redo it just because I'm a bit anal retentive.

Now, if it were off to the side and I myself had strung it up with gut, I'd suck it up and play with it.

BigServer1
01-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Misweaves do happen, but I agree with the others that if you paid (especially from a USRSA certified stringinger) they should give you a new string job free of charge.

If you did it yourself and don't want to redo it, it shouldn't affect playability if the misweave is away from the center of the stringbed.

If it were me and I did a misweave, I'd probably redo it just because I'm a bit anal retentive.

Now, if it were off to the side and I myself had strung it up with gut, I'd suck it up and play with it.

LOL, yeah sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.