PDA

View Full Version : Thank you so much Bungalo Bill.

nyu
08-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Since you gave me those backhand clips of hewitt, the drills, and the analogies to focus on when hitting my backhand, it has improved tremendously, going from a stroke that would be a pushing shot that I would hit inconsistently and short to a solid and reliable groundstroke(i still have much work to do). My agility and footwork have improved all around(i've been doing 20-40 minutes of the jump rope drills daily).

I played against a very solid lefty 5.0 today(the highest ranked player i've played in a year) who used to be top 10 in the Southwest juniors, and I split set with him 5-7,6-3(i was up 5-3 in the first set, but he was pounding his shots and went lights out with them for 4 games in a row, though I lost 5 set points, 2 by inches :shock: ). He was attacking my backhand the entire match, and because of your tips(namely extending through the shot, using my legs, and not wristing the ball), I was able to hit confidently and stay in and win some long and heavy points on backhand to his forehand rallies. You truly are an asset to this board, and I now have confidence in my ability to not get destroyed whil trying to walk onto NYU's d3 tennis team(if they let me try-out). Thank you so much.

mistapooh
08-20-2004, 08:50 PM
^ yep, he fixed my shoulder on serves...and without that, i woudlnt have won my match today.= :cry: , im so happy.

Bungalo Bill
08-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Well that is great! Glad you were happy with the results. Keep working hard and thanks for the compliments! You have a lot of talent!

JohnThomas1
08-21-2004, 02:43 AM
Good to see some results from Bills posts, he really does put in one helluva effort in here :)

vin
08-21-2004, 11:16 AM
I think I have learned more from Bill and this board than from all of the lessons I have taken in my entire life. Thanks Bill!

It's a nice feeling to save someone from the frustrations of self learning, and we're all lucky that Bungalo Bill enjoys that feeling. :)

Bungalo Bill
08-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Oh one more thing...think you guys can help my backhand? I feel like a car mechanic, a car mechanic gets everyone elses car to run right but never has time to work on his own car! :?

Maybe I will just stick to coaching.

JohnThomas1
08-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Like a doctor going to another doctor Bill hehehe. I just played the best tennis of my life today and all the idea's i get from the board here are surely helping. It is technical utopia in here.

Bungalo Bill
08-21-2004, 10:25 PM
Like a doctor going to another doctor Bill hehehe. I just played the best tennis of my life today and all the idea's i get from the board here are surely helping. It is technical utopia in here.

LOL, Well it is a good way to learn! I always get a kick out of pros who say you always need to pay a pro to learn tennis. At times I can buy it, but it is as if we have no capability of figuring things out ourselves. A camera, some good video clips, and good information to support a player and anyone can learn to be their own coach. As long as you're determined to learn and improve, as most of us here are, it is possible to play a high level of tennis as a self learning tennis player.