PDA

View Full Version : Just curious...

kuyoungj
01-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Anybody ever play with a wall?

Because I play with it everyday and I'm not really sure if its helpful.

And I also don't have many people that are available to play with me :(

Leave a comment!

Sagittar
01-03-2007, 08:52 PM
well i did , a lot
it could be useful if you're a beginner , but if not it could ruin your stroke so try to use it for warming up only , hope that helps ..

looseswing
01-03-2007, 09:08 PM
occasionally, but not enough for it to do anything to my strokes

krprunitennis2
01-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Back then, when I was using it, I was very consistent. But then, I got used to playing with my friends on the court and... I just miss the wall. Just like looseswing, my strokes didn't change while playing on the wall since I don't get enough time to think of what I'm supposed to be changing since going against the wall is like going against a good net player, so everything is too fast paced for me. But I was concentrating on getting the ball over the line and deep.

thejackal
01-03-2007, 10:30 PM
its good for volleys. the key is not to muscle the ball, just get into a good, zen rhythm.

Duzza
01-09-2007, 06:51 PM
I find it best for working footwork and timing, thats about it.

TheSnowMan
01-09-2007, 09:20 PM
:( I don't like playing against the wall. The harder I hit, the harder it comes back. I don't think it's that useful because you don't know the depth you are hitting at... but that's just me.

Petekbladetour1
01-18-2009, 02:49 PM
not a good idea!

tacticaltennis
01-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Anybody ever play with a wall?

Because I play with it everyday and I'm not really sure if its helpful.

And I also don't have many people that are available to play with me :(

Leave a comment!

I think the wall is great. It makes you work harder because you have to create your own pace.

Fiercer
01-20-2009, 02:10 PM
The wall is great because it's always there for you ^^'

tacticaltennis
01-20-2009, 03:07 PM
The wall is great because it's always there for you ^^'

Yes - I agree!

BradWilson
01-20-2009, 06:33 PM
its good for volleys. the key is not to muscle the ball, just get into a good, zen rhythm.

you can also practice you serves on the wall. this is if you have the lines painted on the wall and if there is enough space. when i have a tourney at the club i go to i go the the wall to warm up my serves. i just go through the motion and crank my serves for at least 5-10 mins.